Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? (1747 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? / Fiance Visa Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by babalase(m): 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2010
pls your candid advice is needed do you think I shld relocate to usa on a fiance visa which guarantee me a green card in the state or stay put here with my 160 thousand naira job,am so confused.pls help,I have a b.sc political science and m.a peace and conflits but my fiancee said I can't get a decent job with it in usa.
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2010
You will be a better person in the long run in Nigeria if you plan very well,forget about the states ,you will start all over againThe chances of you making it in Nigeria is high,but those are personal opinion,but its good to go and see and your mind will be at rest.
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by babalase(m): 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2010
thank you so much,please am still waiting for more advice.
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by jaybee3(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
how soon are you ready to start a family?
That should be your deciding factor not the 160K u r currently earning.
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by babalase(m): 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2010
I want to start family now am 29years old,I can't just imagine my self doing security in d cold wethear.
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
if you are businness oreinted person you could start a business from the states to Nigeria,but not car buying,people are just too much engaging in the same thing.By doing that you will see your wife and kid and you will be on both sides ,but you need your documents to do that.You will earn your repect
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by Dantecmu(m): 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2010
Guy you earn 160k guy if u gat a spouse visa to enter USA pack ur bag and move i know that all this write up are just for formality sake thats if your not in the states already do you know what you stand to benefit , see question, you can go to school start a life and then you can latter go into business,
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by ogianyo(m): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2010
all that glitters is not gold.beware !!! you are leaving a life where you are master to put yourself at the mercy of a woman.many have gone before you.ask and beg them for honesty
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by joxiri: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2010
poster i think this decision is not going to made on ur job prospects in niger or usa it has more to do with ur relationship with ur woman
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by collinsfbi(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2010
In my own opinion I think you should go to USA with such a visa bearing in mind the following:

Advantages
1. 160k in naija is not comparable to what u stand to make over there as long as u hv ur certs. in which u can do professional courses to boost urself.
2. Exposure to foreign land
3. A very good advantage for ur kids in terms of education
4. From fiance visa-----green card guarantteed
5. Better life 4 urself in terms of security and access to social amenities like good road, water, electricity etc
6. U stand d chance of doin better biz if u really want to do biz internationally.
7. After securing ur green card, u stand d chance of assisting ur family in terms of visiting or relocation

Disadvanges
1. when u get there initially u might not get a better job but it's just a matter of time
2. You might hv prob with their weather but i can assure that with time, u will cope
3. Distance from ur family but as long as ur wife to be is there 4u, guy notin do u men
4. Tax but as long as u r not idle, mennnn tax no be prob

Considering stay in naija, i think u should think abt d following
1. No job security here, what if u r sacked? consider how long it will take u to get another job.
2. considering political and economy upheavals
3. The Survival to make it with ur 160k in naija afetr getting married with family expenses, extended family expenses, house rent and many others is 50%

So, my brother, how i wish I were in ur shoe? This is the time bros, opportunity comes but once. USA, a country where millions are praying to even get a visiting visa is where u r abt to start a new life. Best of luck mennn

1 Like

Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 23, 2010
collinsfbi:

In my own opinion I think you should go to USA with such a visa bearing in mind the following:

Advantages
1. 160k in naija is not comparable to what u stand to make over there as long as u hv your certs. in which u can do professional courses to boost urself.
2. Exposure to foreign land
3. A very good advantage for your kids in terms of education
4. From fiance visa-----green card guarantteed
5. Better life 4 urself in terms of security and access to social amenities like good road, water, electricity etc
6. U stand d chance of doin better biz if u really want to do biz internationally.
7. After securing your green card, u stand d chance of assisting your family in terms of visiting or relocation

Disadvanges
1. when u get there initially u might not get a better job but it's just a matter of time
2. You might hv prob with their weather but i can assure that with time, u will cope
3. Distance from your family but as long as your wife to be is there 4u, guy notin do u men
4. Tax but as long as u r not idle, mennnn tax no be prob

Considering stay in naija, i think u should think abt d following
1. No job security here, what if u r sacked? consider how long it will take u to get another job.
2. considering political and economy upheavals
3. The Survival to make it with your 160k in naija afetr getting married with family expenses, extended family expenses, house rent and many others is 50%

So, my brother, how i wish I were in your shoe? This is the time bros, opportunity comes but once. USA, a country where millions are praying to even get a visiting visa is where u r abt to start a new life. Best of luck mennn

Collinfbi, i guess d poster wil take ur post serious, lol.
@Poster, wat r u stil waiting for? If i were u, i won't have a second thought, just try upgrade ursf wit any profesional certn and u're good to go. I knw USA is not a bed of roses but once u're focused and determined, d sky won't just be ur limit but ur starting point.
Cheers!
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by babalase(m): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2010
@collinsfbi ,thank you so much, your advice was an eye opener,God will be with you, i will just do as you advice,once again thanks for taking time to write that much, i really appreciate it and all the remaining contributors thanks so much.
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2010
People that have not travelled before ,i wish you well.
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by collinsfbi(m): 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2010
@collinsfbi ,thank you so much, your advice was an eye opener,God will be with you, i will just do as you advice,once again thanks for taking time to write that much, i really appreciate it and all the remaining contributors thanks so much.
You re welcome jooo my brother notin do, just go and mutiply in riches n blessings

People that have not travelled before ,i wish you well.
You way don travelled round the whole world ese ooo, ati ri yin, u get mouth, epele ooo, eku irin------ajala travel, lol
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by Spyker: 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2010
The USA is in need of professionals and from the course you studied, you will start afresh there.
IMHO, make arrangement for your wedding, wed her and there let her search for a job for you over there before you think of leaving. I can only stay overseas for studies and work professionally just to gain experience but you can't make it big there.
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by omega25red(m): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2010
just know that there are pros and cons to your situation.
some of the pros i know you have read on this sight already so i dont have to tell you but the cons plenty o.
you have to start over again meaning searching for a job searching for a new home getting adjusted to your new wife's way of living, getting used to the system (bills, bills bills) finding out that short of you being a doctor who already have a job in a hospital before getting here, no one cares what degrees you brought here from nigeria (most of the time). finding out that american women have rights ( grin) lay a finger on her and before you know it you are sleeping in jail trying not to drop the soap (if you dont know what that means i guess you will find out grin) finding out that in america when you have a dispiute with your wife the cops will ask you to leave your home because she is upset or even the woman saying "get the F^ck outta my house and there is nothing you can do about it. I mean i can go on and on

not trying to scare you away but just know that with all the green grass over here there are pit falls too so what ever you choose to do be ready to work hard in order to make it and be ready to adjust to situations you might not be used to. I wish you the best
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by jejelady(f): 6:00am On Jun 15, 2012
The issue is you don't have to be a sec guard to get d best out of d USA. Good jobs r available. Just a matter of referrals.
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by gel03: 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
@ babalase

Collinsfbi has said it all. Pack ur bag and take off. Wetin u dey confuse for sef?
Re: Stay In Nigeria With My #160 Job Or Go To Usa On A Fiance Visa ? by tsquainoo: 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Hw Much Will It Cost Me 4 2weeks Holiday At Obudu Cattle Ranch / Free Movement In Euope May Cease! / Nairalanders Living In Uyo (akwa Ibom State) Lets Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.