Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Ex-governor Insists He Didn’t Run Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-governor Insists He Didn’t Run Accounts (585 Views)

Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect / Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect / Ex-governor Lamido's Supporters Scale Airport Fence To Welcome Him (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-governor Insists He Didn’t Run Accounts by HOLU77: 9:53am On Sep 22, 2011
Also yesterday, Tinubu described his case as political persecution and challenged the complainants to bring their proof, if they had any against him.

Addressing reporters after the sitting, Tinubu said: “I believe in the rule of law and constitutional democracy and the respect for the judiciary, believing equally that those who allege must prove beyond reasonable doubt. The substance of the case, I don’t even know.

“They said I operated foreign accounts; they have not shown me statements of account, they are yet to provide information, even though under the Freedom of Information Act they are expected to do that; they have not provided me the amount; is it from the state money? Is it from Lagos State or from my almajiri exercise or efforts? They have not shown me.

“Suddenly, they pounced on me with a new charge; amended charge this morning in the court premises. That one, I have not seen at all. I don’t know what the charge is. Anybody who knows me knows that I maintain an open-door policy. My address is known throughout this country. They gave excuses there again that they had to drop the summons in my office because they couldn’t locate me. That, I believe is a fabrication.

“The question is, this is all politics.com. Nigeria is facing a very crucial challenge in our democratic dispensation; in our institutional building. The focus of service and development to this country is very crucial at this hour. I think we should wait for them to see and prove whatever they have, but, to me clearly, we should concentrate on the security, the welfare and developmental requirement of our nation.”

As he walked to the BWW Sport Utility Vehicle in which he rode out of the court premises, Tinubu’s supporters chanted: “On your mandate we shall stand, on your mandate we shall stand, on your mandate, on your mandate, on your mandate we shall stand!”

www.thenationonlineng.net

(1) (Reply)

Fec To Buhari: Don’t Go To Supreme Court / Biafra – An Expensive And Yet Deadly Experiment / Gov Aliyu To Fg: Negotiate With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.