Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient (1881 Views)

Yes Daddy!: Sagir Koki Mimics Peter Obi After Meeting Kwankwaso / Reno Omokri Apologizes To Peter Obi After Accusing Him Of Rigging In Anambra / Ben Bruce Deletes False Tweet About Peter Obi After Hundeyin Called Him Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by richmond500: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
During the primaries, I had preferred candidates which are Osinbajo, Amaechi or Umahi, with Osinabjo and Umahi being my most preferred.
I had no preferred aspirant from the PDP cos the two heavyweights (Atiku and Wike) were people I would never love to support.

But after my preferred candidates from APC all lost to Tinubu, I was sad and frustrated but then Peter Obi became the candidate of Labour party and I happily joined the Obi team.
Few days after Obi was made the candidate, he was accepted by the youths who are tired of these old men, I was one of them too.
But the Obi movement brought in a anti democratic mob who begin to threaten whoever does not support Obi.
From the beginning, he was not my candidate therefore I had few reservation and tried to know more about him before I throw my full support, but then it look like all Obidients has to follow him blindly and few people who criticized him ended up complaining how their lives were threatened.
Even my friends who I tried to reason with ended up insulting me, some even insulted my background and education, I begin to wonder if I was the odd person among the Obidients, j listened to Obi talks and it doesnt look like he cares about how the Obidients are busy insulting and threatening everyone.
After the WhatsApp message fiasco which Obi had to bring out from an unknown group, I began to lose interest in him for trying
to create a bigger conflict in an already tensed up country.
I became undecided about the election and lost every zeal to vote in this election, but alas I sluggishly went out to vote and never voted for Obi.
when I heard about the low voters turnout, I was sure I wasnt the only one who lost hope in all three candidates

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by inspector44(m): 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2023
Your business

15 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by richmond500: 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
inspector44:
Your business
that's why I used a personal pronoun in the topic.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by hisgrace090: 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
You never opted for Obi let's say the truth because all real obidients family never looks back.
How can other people behaviour makes you to hate whom you love?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Peterobi90: 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
So what has the piece of personal information have to do with anything... you picked a drug lord over Obi... who cares..

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Orfankwagh(m): 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2023
Thats why its called democracy,that was your choice but dont forget to look into the process that enforced tinubu as president-elect and not all those religious and tribal bigotry.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by richmond500: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
hisgrace090:
You never opted for Obi let's say the truth because all real obidients family never looks back.
hmm

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Jomonix: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
And so what

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2023
Another yoruba Muslim disguising

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by hisgrace090: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2023
richmond500:
Obi had to pay for the sins of his supporters.

Nothing serious
You're a hatter of Obi just pretending.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by fayomim: 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
hisgrace090:

Obidients family never looks back?

Putting all your life on a man who can mess up anytime

It is well with you

10 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by richmond500: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
hisgrace090:

You're a hatter of Obi just pretending.
yes, truth is I moved from Obidient to become Obi hater in less than a month.
I never denied being Obi hater

10 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by AcuraZDX: 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
richmond500:
yes, truth is I moved from Obidient to become Obi hater in less than a month.
I never denied being Obi hater

So why are you crying now?

My one vote and that of my elder brother who hasn't voted all his life cancelled your vote.

So rest

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by MasterJayJay: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
Should we fry Akara?

Vote or no vote.

Everyone will suffer the consequences of bad governance or enjoy the dividends of good governance.

Nobody is doing Peter Obi a favour by voting for him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by manutdrichie(m): 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
grin

Dont allow him to deceive you, he nevwr supported peter obi

He already predicted the winner here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by richmond500: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
AcuraZDX:

So why are you crying now?

My one vote and that of my elder brother who hasn't voted all his life cancelled your vote.

So rest
calm down, my candidate didn't even win.
Stop thinking everyone who didn't vote Obi actually voted Tinubu

5 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by bentenny(m): 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2023
If Obi's supporters behaviour was the excuse that made you not to support him,then your reasons though you are entitled to them,is not plausible and dead on arrival!

Every presidential candidate both here in Nigeria and in developed countries have all characteristics of supporters!

However,the character and personality of the candidate should matter more to you!

Well one thing I know is that whether you don't vote for him or not,everyone will suffer one way or the other if a wrong candidate emerges!

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by manutdrichie(m): 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lolz

Where is the support here

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by EastAlchemist: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by socialmediaman: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Sangoamadioha1: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
richmond500:
During the primaries, I had preferred candidates which are Osinbajo, Amaechi or Umahi, with Osinabjo and Umahi being my most preferred.
I had no preferred aspirant from the PDP cos the two heavyweights (Atiku and Wike) were people I would never love to support.

But after my preferred candidates from APC all lost to Tinubu, I was sad and frustrated but then Peter Obi became the candidate of Labour party and I happily joined the Obi team.
Few days after Obi was made the candidate, he was accepted by the youths who are tired of these old men, I was one of them too.
But the Obi movement brought in a anti democratic mob who begin to threaten whoever does not support Obi.
From the beginning, he was not my candidate therefore I had few reservation and tried to know more about him before I throw my full support, but then it look like all Obidients has to follow him blindly and few people who criticized him ended up complaining how their lives were threatened.
Even my friends who I tried to reason with ended up insulting me, some even insulted my background and education, I begin to wonder if I was the odd person among the Obidients, j listened to Obi talks and it doesnt look like he cares about how the Obidients are busy insulting and threatening everyone.
After the WhatsApp message fiasco which Obi had to bring out from an unknown group, I began to lose interest in him for trying
to create a bigger conflict in an already tensed up country.
I became undecided about the election and lost every zeal to vote in this election, but alas I sluggishly went out to vote and never voted for Obi.
when I heard about the low voters turnout, I was sure I wasnt the only one who lost hope in all three candidates

I think i understand where you are coming from. I never supported Obi (having known him when he was governor) but seeing how his mob behaves and him giving them tacit support is a huge turn off.
Obi is not whom he is being packaged to be.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by AcuraZDX: 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
richmond500:

Where in my comment did I mention Tinubu?

Oris it guilty conscience?
Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Emma513: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Should we fry Akara?

Vote or no vote.

Everyone will suffer the consequences of bad governance or enjoy the dividends of good governance.

Nobody is doing Peter Obi a favour by voting for him.
TRUE TALK BRO. HE MIGHT EVEN TRAVEL AND LIVE OUT OF THE COUNTRY. SOME THINK THEY ARE DOING HIM FAVOUR BY VOTING FOR HIM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by AcuraZDX: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

I think i understand where you are coming from. I never supported Obi (having known him when he was governor) but seeing how his mob behaves and him giving them tacit support is a huge turn off.
Obi is not whom he is being packaged to be.

Shut up.

Supporter of a known druglord and thief.

Imagine comparing Obi to your candidate 😝😝.

Tell me the crime Agbadomaster hasn't been involved in?

Is it Perjury?

Abii na drugs?

Abii na identity theft?

Abi na money laundering?

Abii na thuggery?

Or is it murder?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Emma513: 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
bentenny:
If Obi's supporters was the excuse that made you not to support him,then your reasons though you are entitled to them,is not plausible and dead on arrival!

Every presidential candidate both here in Nigeria and in developed countries have all characteristics of supporters!

However,the character and personality of the candidate should matter more to you!

Well one thing I know is that whether you don't vote for him or not,everyone will suffer one way or the other if a wrong candidate emerges!
CONFIRM BRO cool

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Sangoamadioha1: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
AcuraZDX:

Shut up.

Is it Perjury?

Abii na drugs?

Abii na identity theft?

Abi na money laundering?

Abii na thuggery?

Or is it murder?

That is the highest you can do, insult people for likes.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by richmond500: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2023
AcuraZDX:

Shut up.

Is it Perjury?

Abii na drugs?

Abii na identity theft?

Abi na money laundering?

Abii na thuggery?

Or is it murder?

why are u Obidients always behave like.
Are u guys cursed or infected with insulting disease

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by richmond500: 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
manutdrichie:
Lolz

Where is the support here
did you go throw when I was against Tinubu and Atiku?

Also with that screenshot, it was obvious I supported Osinbajo

5 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Emma513: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
[quote author=AcuraZDX post=122573667]
Shut up.
Imagine comparing Obi to your candidate

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Emma513: 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
richmond500:
YES, TRUE YOUR CANDIDATE TIFNUBU DID NOT WIN, REST grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by Saga16: 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
manutdrichie:
grin

Dont allow him to deceive you, he nevwr supported peter obi

He already predicted the winner here

Because he was supporting Obi his calculation should have rendered a different result?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Vote Obi After Being An Obidient by brownemmanuel43(m): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
I only pity d poor and d vulnerable at dis point in time in Nigeria.
D way things are going, very soon naija go bi dog eat dog. Imagine some supplement that sells at 5k last month, is now 7500 and every other things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Section 232(2) of Constitution Bar Supreme Court Frm Accepting Atiku's Evidence / How Long Would It Take Your Country To Fix It(photo) / Africans Disgracing The Good Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.