Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,314 members, 7,853,461 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

The Gospel Of Grace Unto Good Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Of Grace Unto Good Works (215 Views)

Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? / Pope Claims Angels Greeting Mary As Being Full Of Grace Meant She Is Without Sin / A Gospel of TRUTH, UNITY & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Gospel Of Grace Unto Good Works by ErnestNc: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
There are 5 functions of grace noted by scriptures. SALVATION is the least .

The plan of God has always been man's participation in the kingdom . " I'll create man and he will be my mirror image on the earth " . But man failed in that assignment and could not do the works of God until Christ(Grace) came.

man fell short of God's standard and chose Knowledge(death) instead of life(Christ) . Yes Christ has always had pre-eminence even in the garden he was there symbolising life .

I see many people preaching the doctrine of Devils by negating the gospel of Grace , thereby indirectly denying the cross and the death of Jesus. Of what justification is the death of Jesus if grace is not worker of our salvation?

It is a procession from Grace unto good works. And not the other way around. It's what apostle Paul boasted of in 1corinth 15:10 .Gal 2:20.. he was always giving glory to Christ .

It was Christ doing the labour through him and not of his own righteousness.

Man has a spirit, a soul(Mind ,Emotion , will) and body.
The grace of Jesus is spirit substance which saved the spirit and not the Soul .

The spirit is reborn but the soul isn't reborn but can be transformed by the renewing of the mind (Romans 12:1) . This is only possible by having the mind of Christ. for which knoweth the mind of God save the spirit of God ?

our spirit becomes one with the spirit of God as we accept Christ. It's the work of grace to train the soul to yield to the law of life and to flee from the law of sin and death.
(Titus 2:10-11) the grace of God that bringeth salvation... teaches us that we should deny ungodly lust and we should live soberly.

Because man has fallen, he's limited to just knowledge. Now God has to teach him organically how to yield to life. So what is eternal life? That ye may know the one true God and his son Jesus. God became a knowledge.

The first man didn't need to be taught about God, he received the spirit by inspiration and so he knew all things til he chose to be limited by Knowledge. Now, he has to see , hear to know and understand. How can one be saved except he's being led by a preacher?
Re: The Gospel Of Grace Unto Good Works by ErnestNc: 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
The FIVE (5) main functions/aim of grace

1. FORGIVENESS AND REDEMPTION

2. SALVATION
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

3. DOCTRINE
Titus 2:11 KJV
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12
12. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; m

4. DIVINE ABILITY TO BECOME AND to LABOUR/WORK WITH AND FOR GOD (power) (KINGDOM INVOLVEMENT)
This is the final aim of grace

1 Corinthians 15:10 KJV
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Galatians 2:21 KJv
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

5. GRACE UNTO GOOD WORKS

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV
8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

[10] ]For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto GOOD WORKS, which God hath before ordained j that we should walk in them.
Re: The Gospel Of Grace Unto Good Works by Davico(m): 9:16am On Apr 21, 2023
God bless you for this beautiful writeup. I will like to know you so we can study the word of God together

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

About To Happen Join Or Support! / The Female Children Shouldn't Stay Unmarried For Too Long In Their Families. . / Happy Isese Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.