Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court (3350 Views)

Nigerians React As Emefiele Drags INEC, APC, AGF To Court Over 2023 / Senator Aisha Binani Describes Bayelsa As A Small State, Seriake Dickson Reacts / Okorocha Drags INEC To Court For Withholding His Certificate Of Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by 123456789O: 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
Aisha Binani had approached the Federal High Court for (Prohibition & Certiorari) Judicial Review of INEC’s administrative action nullifying her declaration as Governor-Elect of Adamawa.

In a bid to contend that what had been done cannot be undone, except by the Tribunal 😂

https://twitter.com/jrnaib2/status/1648067656996487170?t=AWzcrh7iM869zYY6BDp2Iw&s=19

2 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by slivertongue: 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
INEC under the current leadership presents itself as a cash-and-carry commission where the highest bidder is declared the winner against the wishes of the electorate and [the victim is] urged to go to court.

13 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Pickmycall: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
It was actually a plot by INEC chairman to favour the APC governorship candidate.
The only mistake that the suspended REC made was that collation of results have not been concluded before the winner,who happens to be binani,was announced.You all can see that the REC was told to step aside without an arrest.
Mahmoud Yakubu is an unrepentant rigger.

30 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Orfankwagh(m): 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
When you impose an unwanted rascal on over 200million people even dogs will begin to demand for the share of family properties at the news of their owners death.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by alwayzonlyn(m): 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
Desperado!

Interestingly, she might eventually have her way in this stunt she's trying to pull as its now gradually becoming glaring that there's a coordinated treacherous gameplay at work with strong backing by the powers that be.

3 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by jaytimeo: 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2023
What a man can do a woman can do better ,presidential election don show say anyhow anyhow you can get away with it,las las go court.

2 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by slivertongue: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2023
what happened yesterday in Adamawa State on Sunday is not different from what it described as the illegalities of INEC in collaboration with politicians, allegedly carried out in the February 25 presidential election in many parts of the country.

13 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by KanwuliaExtra: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2023
Never seen a bunch of desperate, ILLITERATE-CRIMINALS like you have in APC I swear.
Nigeria is finished. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Isobug: 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
Desperation will destroy you ma...... Many are rooting for you but not in this manner
Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Legitiscool: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2023
The werey is desperate to run to court to perphas use bribed judges

Why not allow inec do their job, is the person who declared you the legal person to do so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by festacman(m): 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
I have a strong feeling that the 'principality' who is beating drum to which Binani is dancing is determined to pull the the rug off Atiku feet. He is loaded and he fights like a mad man. If you know, you know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
Sen Binani just lost a silent supporter.
Her desperation shows she has nothing to offer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by FreeStuffsNG: 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
Hmmm. This is high wired politics.

Shame on PDP and the incumbent Gov. who could not win in a landslide at the first ballot and now needs a supplementary election. If HE Finitri had performed excellently he will not be the one now at the receiving end of a democratic exercise.
check my signature for free stuffs!

3 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
Pickmycall:
It was actually a plot by INEC chairman to favour the APC governorship candidate.
The only mistake that the suspended REC made was that collation of results have not been concluded before the winner,who happens to be binani,was announced.You all can see that the REC was told to step aside without an arrest.
Mahmoud Yakubu is an unrepentant rigger.
how was she the winner ? Show us the announced results so far

2 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is high wired politics.

Shame on PDP and the incumbent Gov. who could not win in a landslide at the first ballot and now needs a supplementary election. If HE Finitri had performed excellently he will not be the one now at the receiving end of a democratic exercise.
you can never disappoint with your backwards thought process cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by CilicMarin: 10:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
She has a strong case!
Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Jennymine(f): 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
Good
E don set
Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by caleboxylic: 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2023
123456789O:

https://twitter.com/jrnaib2/status/1648067656996487170?t=AWzcrh7iM869zYY6BDp2Iw&s=19

Desperate woman. To lead people is not a must if the people say otherwise. Shameless rigger.

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by mach7(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
This case is very tricky and not as straightforward as it seems.

I am NOT a Lawyer, so perhaps the experts can advice better.

But sections 149 of the Electoral Act of 2022 as amended that any actions taken by any AGENT or OFFICIAL of the commission with regards to an election, can only be overturned by an Electoral Tribunal or any other competent court of jurisdiction.

The issues here which we can determine are:

1. The REC is an agent and official of the commission, so his action or inaction can only be challenged or overturned by the Tribunal (as derived from section 149).

2. The REC doesn't have any power to declare results as such powers ONLY rest with the Returning Officer. Hence, his action is in breach of the Electoral Act

3. The commission doesn't have the POWER to OVERTURN results. Only the Tribunal can do so.

Seems nah Tribunal go finally settle this matter.

Binani don run Fintiri street.

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Felabrity: 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
He is learning from agbado

They are ready to dîe to get that position
Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by ibechris(m): 11:08pm On Apr 17, 2023
APC will eventually plunge this country into a forced revolution,mark my words.

When illegality becomes rife...abnormality becomes the order of the day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by mightyhaze: 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
She's already sounding like their drog daddy cheesy
Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by adioolayi(m): 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
mach7:

But sections 149 of the Electoral Act of 2022 as amended that any actions taken by any AGENT or OFFICIAL of the commission with regards to an election, can only be overturned by an Electoral Tribunal or any other competent court of jurisdiction.

1. The REC is an agent and official of the commission, so his action or inaction can only be challenged or overturned by the Tribunal (as derived from section 149).

2. The REC doesn't have any power to declare results as such powers ONLY rest with the Returning Officer. Hence, his action is in breach of the Electoral Act

3. The commission doesn't have the POWER to OVERTURN results. Only the Tribunal can do so.

Binani don outsmart Fintiri.

No be same Electoral Act empowers INEC to review their own very action within 7days or so?

3 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Lovelive: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
Wahala Wahala Wahala,

Just imagine they stupidity these people are displaying all over Nigeria.

So unfortunate

123456789O:

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Ofunaofu: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
Aisha Binani wants to become governor either by hook or by crook

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by mach7(m): 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2023
adioolayi:

No be same Electoral Act empowers INEC to review their own very action within 7days or so?
Review, not overturn. An election can only be overturned by the Tribunal. That's where the case is tricky.

1 Like

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by AAA593: 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2023
mach7:

Binani don outsmart Fintiri.

Only you don use number 2 take cancel 1 and 3. There's no case bro
Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by fergie001: 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2023
This is really funny.....

She didn't avail the judge of the votes?

I believe that the subject matter is post-election and the FHC has no business whatsoever with it!

garfield1 ejimatic, help me here/
Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by dgmoni123(m): 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2023
With what is happening.. Adamawa might not exist again grin
Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by donpapa(m): 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2023
Her desperation stinks high in heaven! Tar! 😯
Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by AAA593: 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2023
mach7:
Review, not overturn. An election can only be overturned by the Tribunal. That's where the case is tricky.
After the returning officer has declared the winner of the election openly. With your assertion, you can be in your backyard and declare anybody president elect including yourself.

4 Likes

Re: I Must Be Adamawa Governor - Aisha Binani Drags INEC To Court by Bringbackmandat: 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2023
This is what APC want, this is what they will get.
You brought a drug Barron force him on Nigerians, and now Adamawa crooks want to bring a woman they can control.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Spiritualists Seen Performing Sacrifices For Tinubu's Swearing In / This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria / Sahara Reporters: Good Or Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.