Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker (6273 Views)

Current Movie Going On Now On M-net Movies / How Do I Watch Olisa Adibua "The Truth" Online? / M-net's Big Brother Africa Season Six Tagged Bigbrother Amplified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by iBlogNaija: 11:26am On Sep 22, 2011
M-net Releases Statement On Olisa Incident As Others Petition For His Dismissal

It’s been nearly two weeks since the popular Thursday, September 9, 2011 BEAT FM staff assault took place; and while Olisa Adibua (the perpetrator) stays on suspension from the radio house, and Adewunmi Oyekanmi (the assaulted) continues working at the station, reactions are still pouring in.

First, it’s an online petition clamouring for the dismissal Olisa Adibua and then, a reaction from the M-Net organised musical talent hunt, GLO Naija Sings, where Olisa is the resident Judge.

An online petition tilted ‘The Beat99.9FM LAGOS: To Dismiss Olisa Adibua For Violently Assaulting A Colleague’ was started by ‘Activist girl’, an anonymous aggrieved activist. The petition reads in part:

‘It is important that he is dismissed because if he is not reprimanded, many more people could be assaulted in this manner and nothing will be done about it. The victim is too scared to press charges.He’s been cajoled and intimidated’. There has been only one signature to the petition so far.

Organisers GLO Naija Sings on the other hand said in a statement posted on their website, ‘…as this is currently an internal matter between the management and staff of Beat FM, Mr. Adibua will continue his role as judge on Glo Naija Sings pending the outcome of the investigation‘.

‘However M-Net wishes to advise that it is strongly opposed to any acts of violence, and will take the necessary and appropriate actions should one of its crew or cast be found guilty of violent misconduct.’

The show is sponsored by Globacom Nigeria.

Olisa Adibua had allegedly pummelled a subordinate, Adewunmi, causing severe injury to his face and body, after the latter was found sleeping on a couch in the office premises at about 2am.

We are told that Adewunmi who was on duty as the night news editor at the radio staton, that day, was thrown out of the Lagos office by Olisa after having his shirt ripped off and phone destroyed by the radio boss.

The incident has compelled official statements from Adewunmi, BEAT FM, and Olisa, all published in earlier reports, as well as loads of viral public reactions.
http://www.thenetng.com/2011/09/20/m-net-releases-statement-on-olisa-incident-as-others-petition-for-his-dismissal/
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 23, 2011
Still in the news!!! Oh my, he's done for! shocked
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by Jenifa1: 4:09am On Sep 23, 2011
he really ought to be dismissed
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by Nobody: 4:34am On Sep 23, 2011
:oGod don catsch am
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by Nymphnode(m): 5:20am On Sep 23, 2011
Men in trouble. . . Between the rape sage and this molestation issue, example must be made
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by mrewe: 5:41am On Sep 23, 2011
he's in a big shit. God have mercy.
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by itiswell1(m): 7:01am On Sep 23, 2011
1. He should be dismissed
2. He should be sued for damages to the extent of exhausting all life savings and investments. He should even borrow to pay the damages.
3. He should be banned from any public appearance/position
4. He should be jailed.
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by lonamy: 7:14am On Sep 23, 2011
Bros na wa o, please temper justice with mercy now. We know what he did was bad, he too is an employee of the radio station, it is not his father's properties. Actually I don't know why Glo 9ja sings still retain the guy to be judging people, it is very wrong and this is part of the problem we have in this country. People do bad things and go freely without punishment, that's why people can commit offence against humanity any how.

I support that Adibua be punished but not to sweep him, completely, off what he had laboured for.
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by itiswell1(m): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2011
He shd be a scapegoat.
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by Orokita(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2011
another idiotic act from a pompous foool that sadly will go unpunished despite all this 'clamouring for justice'. Pity the dude wit the black eye though.
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by Orokita(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2011
another idiotic act from a pompous foool that sadly will go unpunished despite all this 'clamouring for justice'. Pity the dude wit the black eye though.
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by Austyn316(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2011
[b][/b]It's unfortunately that he would be allowed to continue as a resident judge of Glo Naija Sings. This is a bad example and it will paint the the programme in bad light. Let him stay away until the investigation in Beat FM is complete. I strongly suggest that charges should be pressed against him by the victim of the crime to serve as a deterrent against other people like him.
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by makky(f): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2011
Anoda azzhole with wrinkle covered face about to jump d rope,
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by docjuli(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2011
Austyn316:

[b][/b]It's unfortunately that he would be allowed to continue as a resident judge of Glo Naija Sings. This is a bad example and it will paint the the programme in bad light. Let him stay away until the investigation in Beat FM is complete. I strongly suggest that charges should be pressed against him by the victim of the crime to serve as a deterrent against other people like him.

Well said. He should stay away pending the outcome of the investigation.
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by PETERANDRE(m): 9:27am On Sep 23, 2011
@ Makky

whats up dear,
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by doctokwus: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2011
U beat up an employee,destroy his fone,evn use a stone on him,my God,in saner climes,dis olisa guy wud av bn yanked off any medium he has to interact wt pple,talkless of bein a judge in anytin,apart frm using a substantial part of his savings to offset all d wahala frm his stupidity.Y ar our standards so low and warped?
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2011
it is well:

1. He should be dismissed
2. He should be sued for damages to the extent of exhausting all life savings and investments. He should even borrow to pay the damages.
3. He should be banned from any public appearance/position
4. He should be jailed.

Exactly in the right order - thank you sir!
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by Ricardosan(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2011
sadit's really appalling that the man will go that far.
I mean no one said radio journalism was an easy task.If the man is tired,there is no crime allowing him take a 1hour nap,freshen up and let him continue with  his duties.
Even those of us who work 12 hour shifts- have 1hrs rest periods, so people can freshen up and be ready.
habba , olisa u done fall my hand seriously.
nawa o
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by akinnux(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2011
I am disappointed at M-Net decision over this issue. What if the management of Beat FM decided to sweep the case under the carpet which is most likely. Why must they rely on Beat FM investigation when they could have review the case independently and take appropriate decision. This is indeed setting a bad precedence and as for me I am done with Glo Naija sing programme.
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by makky(f): 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2011
@Peterandre

am cool, hope u are too?
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by makky(f): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2011
@ peterandre
am cool and hope u are too?
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by emyworld: 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2011
i thought he had rendered a public apology where himself and the victim agreed to bury the hatchet. Why the furore?
Re: M-Net Releases Statement On Olisa Adibua 's Assault On A Co-worker by MMM2(m): 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2011
he fuc ked up

(1) (Reply)

How To Setup Your Own Internet Tv/live Streaming 2021 / Naruto Shippuden Versus New Bleach: Which Is The Better Anime? / Download Movie: Fast & Furious(hobbs & Shaw) 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.