Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending (34105 Views)

Subsidy: FG To Disburse 50,000 Naira Grants To Nigerians / Subsidy: FG To Fix One Refinery Before December — Kyari / Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by AfahaAbia(m): 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
This is very sad! What will 12000 naira increase do for its citizens? What now happens to the unemployed and those being paid peanut in the private sector
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by jidemojola(m): 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://punchng.com/fuel-subsidy-fg-begins-40-pay-rise-for-workers-april-ending/?amp
The 40% increase is for those in the CONPSS salary structure,not for all federal govt workers in other salary structures.This is from a reliable source.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by danniyal(m): 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
I can assure you that this pay rise is only applicable to federal government workers. State and local government workers are doomed
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by slivertongue: 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2023
pocom35:

They get 5k smiley

That's miserable and could spark crisis
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by teemy(m): 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2023
Is it safe to say the subsidy removal will be before the end of April?

Also adding to the FG possibly withdrawing the cases against Shell and co, the focus will be on raising revenue for the country before May 29 handover.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Mrbenny001: 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
Show one state that will comply I will show you 30 State that won't
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Allisgud: 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
How does the non governmental workers benefited from this increase
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Osesliberty(m): 2:42pm On Apr 18, 2023
The highest population in Nigeria are either jobless while some are self employed however,, why not use the world bank loan to fix our refinaries, so that every Nigerian will be benefit from their catastrophic policy
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Emola12(m): 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2023
What are those people wey no dey work for govmnt Does BUHARI and APC av sense like dis?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
Carlylepneuma:
What is d forty percent of 50k

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Omowale2023(m): 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
Like I use to say. Those of you that voted APC will reap the fruits of their labour. No rest for the wicked.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by nonix22(m): 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
una go increase una price of goods and services. This government is thinking with their noses.
Abaniwealth:
So what happened to common We working in private places..
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Fearyourcreator: 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2023
GeneralDae:

What would you have them do in this case?
Leave this people ... They are empty barrels.... Only to point fingers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Elistho(m): 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
Carlylepneuma:
What is d forty percent of 50k

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by HopeGying: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2023
Blissful45:
We will experience not just Galloping or Creeping inflation but Hyper-inflation. Some of us are not govt workers and we'll be at the receiving end of this nonsense economic policy.
Today is my birthday. I don't have a Kobo to even cook rice and eat. No coke to drink. Pls I need 7nairalanders to show me some love, I won't celebrate but I shouldn't be hungry at least. By faith, I see God touching your hearts. Thanks.
30/461/44/471 First Bank
God bless you all

You no dey tire? Stop spamming every thread scammer.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by occfx: 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2023
NewestNigerian:
The tactics of this Government is crazy. Consoling Nigerian before bestowing more sufferings on them kiss

A herder is ruling you and deciding your destiny. Just come out and watch those cow herders around your hood... Watch them for 15mins and ask yourself, is it. true one of them is ruling you. The answer you will give yourself will no longer suprise you.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Bigseven(m): 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2023
Only federal workers ? States need that too
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by heykims(m): 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
jidemojola:

The 40% increase is for those in the CONPSS salary structure,not for all federal govt workers in other salary structures.This is from a reliable source.
I don't understand the CONPSS thing. Which category of civil servants are in CONPSS and who are not?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Henrinos: 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2023
dawndeal:
Govt workers represent the minority , what about the majority non govt workers?

...will go to court!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Henrinos: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
slivertongue:
And what happens to those who ain't govt workers?

... will go to court!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by slivertongue: 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
Henrinos:

... will go to court!

And ask for same
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by pbet15: 3:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by grandstar(m): 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2023
This is dispiriting. A salary increase now will simply worsen inflation. This is the worst gift the outgoing government can give to the new. Why does Buhari never have the backbone to stand up to opposition? He will always take the populist route and pass the dirty work to others.

The last salary increase from N18,000 to N30,000 saw the Naira slowly drop from $1 to N360 to 480. With the latest increase, I see the Naira hitting between 900-1,000 in the black market.

Any salary increase should have been used as a negotiation tool towards the removal of the fuel subsidy and full deregulation of the price. Now, that has been defeated. Another salary increase would simply be demanded once the price of petrol reaches the stratosphere upon price deregulation

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by mechanics(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2023
Money they have not started paying, they should stop talking about till they start paying.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by KingGeedorah(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2023
Nah order from Above 'IMF'

chukiz:
What I don't understand is why buhari and his cronies are in a haste to remove subsidy, they should allow Tinubu/obi to decide if they want to remove it or not. My taught is that they are trying to just steal before he leaves power. Bloody criminals
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Reference(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2023
slivertongue:
And what happens to those who ain't govt workers?

When we say restructure you guys say it is not necessary.

A country where 70 percent of earnings and revenue is spent on the 5 percent of the population called public servants, this is what happens.

Here they are. The very people who ran the refineries aground and constantly mismanage the economy are getting bailouts while the rest 35 percent, the working population are left to face the full brunt.

But I trust that they together with the 40 percent unemployed will collect back every single naira these reprobate folks pay themselves through the universal leveller called inflation.

No palliative will succeed and no handout will work. We are all in this mismanagement causes poverty together. Let misgovernance continue.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by SalamRushdie: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
What kind of nonsense is this ? Buhari should be preparing to handover and not scattering the economy further,
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by slivertongue: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2023
Reference:

When we say restructure you guys say it is not necessary.

A country where 70 percent of earnings and revenue is spent on the 5 percent of the population called public servants, this is what happens.

Here they are. The very people who ran the refineries aground and constantly mismanage the economy are getting bailouts while the rest 35 percent, the working population are left to face the full brunt.

But I trust that they together with the 40 percent unemployed will collect back every single naira these reprobate folks pay themselves through the universal leveller called inflation.

No palliative will succeed and no handout will work. We are all in this mismanagement causes poverty together. Let misgovernance continue.

Am for a restructured NIGERIA
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by almarthins(m): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
NewestNigerian:
The tactics of this Government is crazy. Consoling Nigerian before bestowing more sufferings on them kiss

Na April fool I dey call this kind thing.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Munzy14(m): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
CodeTemplar:
This will drive SMEs to inflate their services and commodity prices. That's their only way of getting their share of the money FG will be sharing recklessly.

The mumus in agbada think money can create yam or rice. When you ignore production, prices go up and when money in circulation increases prices go up too.
Smart thoughts.

Commodity will go high ones subsidy is removed.
Anytime fuel pump is affected, every commodity will scale up.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Reference(m): 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2023
The incoming government is in for it. If they cannot work out this economy by using subsidy payments to stimulate real economic growth and further diversify the economy by devolving power and authority over major sectors of the economy there will be big, big problems.

If all it will do with subsidy savings is to pile up more fat cat contractors peddling inflated contracts in the corridors of Ministries and departments in Abuja then it has something coming.

This country will certainly not be able to survive the way it is presently run.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company / Change Amotekun’s Name To ‘Oduduwa Guards’ – MURIC / Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Declares Sit-At-Home Every Monday - Governors, Police Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.