Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending (34117 Views)

Subsidy: FG To Disburse 50,000 Naira Grants To Nigerians / Subsidy: FG To Fix One Refinery Before December โ€” Kyari / Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by rickleye: 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2023
BigYash:
Wetin bestest about the news? Let them remove subsidy first ,you go understand why them put sweet for your hand like small pikin.. Fuel will go up,tax will go up and price of other things will go up,including transport. Dey there dey rejoice over bulshit ..

Exactly ! They are giving N500 to get N1000 back, once the price increase, cost of food and services skyrocket
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Samfloxin(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2023
BigYash:
Wetin bestest about the news? Let them remove subsidy first ,you go understand why them put sweet for your hand like small pikin.. Fuel will go up,tax will go up and price of other things will go up,including transport. Dey there dey rejoice over bulshit ..
I have multiple sources of income
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by BigYash: 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2023
Samfloxin:

I have multiple sources of income
Make person hear word. You wen dey happy for small percentage when fg add for salary, like you won a lottery.. Forgetting that the increase will come with increase in price of things you consume and use daily.. Make una no dey let government see una like mumu abeg..
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by BigYash: 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2023
rickleye:

Exactly ! They are giving N500 to get N1000 back, once the price increase, cost of food and services skyrocket
More than 1000 sef
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Skyfly07: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
jidemojola:

The 40% increase is for those in the CONPSS salary structure,not for all federal govt workers in other salary structures.This is from a reliable source.
It should be for all federal salary workers abeg..no discrimination
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Lekan239(m): 10:55pm On Apr 18, 2023
datola:
Yes, they should increase workers salaries. But what's the fate of non government workers?

They should also jettisoned the idea of increasing any tax. In fact they should adjust VAT such that locally produced goods should be 0%. Tax can increase on luxury items and other non essential imported goods.

And the plan of sharing $800 millions from World Bank abi IMF loan among 'poor Nigerians' is bad except its the World Bank that will come and do the sharing.

if the importers increase their goods bcus of increase in price, the local producers should are not paying any tax will likewise increase their local goods price to par with the foreign goods.

Nigerians are the problem of nigeria
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Orinechi: 11:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
Jnkay:
This APC needs to buy sense I swear. That is same folks they want to enforce on us in 2023...
Advice governmt not shouting APC up and down
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Orinechi: 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
BigYash:
Nothing will happen. Worst i concentrate on necessity and ignore luxury
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Orinechi: 11:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
dawndeal:

Govt is there for it's citizens not for workers alone,that is the point am trying to make
The last time i checked, the workers are still citizens
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Orinechi: 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2023
rickleye:
Keep the subsidy !!!!!
Or else the price you will pay at the pump with quadruple. Plus the cost of transporting goods and services will increase.
Will the Danfo driver get the increase ? WIll the Maruwa dude get the increase. Will be Iyaloja get the increase ?
All those people will feel it at the pump and simple pass the increase down to you.

To make this work, every person with a NIN should get the increase. Plus cap the increase that can be charged at the pump.

Even before now what determines the prices of goods in Nigerian market is how much civil servants are paid. Where am staying the only time sellers make huge sales is when civil servants are paid.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Orinechi: 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2023
BigYash:
Make person hear word. You wen dey happy for small percentage when fg add for salary, like you won a lottery.. Forgetting that the increase will come with increase in price of things you consume and use daily.. Make una no dey let government see una like mumu abeg..
There is no time that such increment will be made that it will not wittiness such effect even when our refinaries become operational.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by dawndeal: 3:47am On Apr 19, 2023
Orinechi:
The last time i checked, the workers are still citizens
Definitely all govt workers are citizens but not all citizens are govt workers.Govt workers is a subset of Nigerian citizens. U get?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by BigYash: 4:11am On Apr 19, 2023
Samfloxin:

Cry for yourself and your miserable family and worry less about people who you don't have any business with.... you mustn't mention me
Then you should avoid coming on public forum to exhibit your foolishness ,if you don't want sane people to correct your stupidity. Empty vessel! Your wish will forever be,if you had a family.. Idiota!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Carlylepneuma: 7:07am On Apr 19, 2023
kolakolex:

tnx
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Carlylepneuma: 7:07am On Apr 19, 2023
Elistho:

tnx
yiheaster:

tnx

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by emmyileri(m): 9:50am On Apr 19, 2023
Carlylepneuma:
What is d forty percent of 50k
That's 20k.in total it's 70k. Do you think that is enough when the prices of things will be times 10?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by emmyileri(m): 9:52am On Apr 19, 2023
danniyal:
I can assure you that this pay rise is only applicable to federal government workers. State and local government workers are doomed
Exactly my friend.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Carlylepneuma: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2023
emmyileri:

That's 20k.in total it's 70k. Do you think that is enough when the prices of things will be times 10?
its not man, not even close atleast FG should've made it to be 100% maybe just maybe then we will be able to manage through it all, but I guess I'm just dreaming huh ๐Ÿ˜•
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Orinechi: 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2023
dawndeal:

Definitely all govt workers are citizens but not all citizens are govt workers.Govt workers is a subset of Nigerian citizens. U get?
Whether subset or not, they are Nigerian citizens and u have attested to that.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by dawndeal: 6:46am On Apr 20, 2023
Orinechi:
Whether subset or not, they are Nigerian citizens and u have attested to that.
Yes but govt workers are infinitesimal to the Nigerian population. The grant should go round even to artisans,that's my point
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Orinechi: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2023
dawndeal:

Yes but govt workers are infinitesimal to the Nigerian population. The grant should go round even to artisans,that's my point
it will still get to the people u mentioned. Hope u know the public servant will spend the money and through that way the people u mentioned will get theirs too. No country can do what u are proposing. The grant cannot get to everybody.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Jogab: 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2023
Where are the economists, why are these guys thinking with their anus. You want to give me 40% salary increasement, so as you can Increase the price of fuel by 400%. Did you know what this will cause in the economy. Please think about transportation, think about the new price of food stuff, at the end of the day, your 40% will not be enough to cure the consequences of the expected hyper inflation. Please think twice before taking critical decision.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by dawndeal: 10:56pm On Apr 20, 2023
Orinechi:
it will still get to the people u mentioned. Hope u know the public servant will spend the money and through that way the people u mentioned will get theirs too. No country can do what u are proposing. The grant cannot get to everybody.

Are you a public servant?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Meg17(f): 11:45am On Apr 21, 2023
Skyfly07:
It should be for all federal salary workers abeg..no discrimination
I think the increment is desperately needed for FG workers under CONPSS salary structure. Their level 8 earns between 48k-54k monthly. They earn the lowest. FG should harmonize workers salary because it isnโ€™t fair that in the same level, some earn 48k while others earn 120k.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by Orinechi: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2023
dawndeal:

Are you a public servant?
No! Concerned Nigerian
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by dawndeal: 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Orinechi:
No! Concerned Nigeria
Re: Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending by dawndeal: 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Orinechi:
No! Concerned Ngerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fact Check: Picture Of Peter Obi And Seyi Tinubu Is False / Oche Joseph Otorkpa Ordained By Pastor E.A Adeboye / Niger State Residents Protest High Cost Of Food, Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.