Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank (7808 Views)

4 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Built-in Battery / What Is The Best Power Bank You Have Ever Used? / How To Identify An Original Power Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Easybet1(m): 10:43am On Apr 18, 2023
I bought the oraimo power bank sometime last year, and after I used it for a couple of months, the battery started swelling up but did not reduce its performance.

So I kept using it that way since it was still charging my phone. But now, it has swollen to the point that the plastic cover has started to break. 

I am scared that the way it is going, it might explode and cause damage to me.
Please tell me what the risk is if I continue to use the battery like this.

NB: The power bank is still working just like a new power bank.

Please mod help me move it to front page
Cc: lalasticlala, seun

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Collins4u1(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2023
Is this Baseus Brand,

that's how my baseus spoilt... very powerful powerbank.
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by MikeMicheal(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
Easybet1:
I bought the oraimo power bank sometime last year, and after I used it for a couple of months, the battery started swelling up but did not reduce its performance.

So I kept using it that way since it was still charging my phone. But now, it has swollen to the point that the plastic cover has started to break. 

Stay away from oraimo powerbank, they always end up swollen like pregnant woman.

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Easybet1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2023
MikeMicheal:
Stay away from oraimo powerbank, they always end up swollen like pregnant woman.
do you know if it has any effect of i keep using it?
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by MikeMicheal(m): 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
Easybet1:
do you know if it has any effect of i keep using it?
No effect on your phone other than the powerbank may explode while charging the powerbank, especially overcharging it.
(the possibility is low, but it is there)

Just avoid charging the powerbank full, to reduce the chances.

I once used my swollen Romoss powerbank for 4 months, then i opened the powerbank and carefully used pin to pierce the outer casing of the lithium battery to remove the trapped gas, then taped the tiny hole(Very risky procedure, dont try it unless you know what you are doing)

After the procedure, I used it for like extra 8 months before the battery started swelling again with a reduced battery life.
At that point i had to throw it away.

Right now, the only powerbank i can recommend is REDMI.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Easybet1(m): 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
MikeMicheal:
No effect on your phone other than the powerbank may explode while charging the powerbank, especially overcharging it.

I once used my swollen Romoss powerbank for 4 months, then i opened the powerbank and carefully used pin to pierce the outer casing of the lithium battery to remove the trapped gas, then taped the tiny hole(Very risky procedure, dont try it unless you know what you are doing)

After the procedure, I used it for like extra 8 months before the battery started swelling again with a reduced battery life.

Thank you
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by ikechukz(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2023
My Oraimo power bank is also pregnant, about two months pregnant now so the belle never show like your own. This is something I use like once in 4 months and the power bank is barely two years old.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Easybet1(m): 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2023
MikeMicheal:

you mean this ?

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Enddy50ty(m): 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
MikeMicheal:

Is REDMI better than Romoss..?

But people say Romoss power bank is the best 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by ReacherSaidNoth: 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2023
I think it's very unwise to continue using it. I have been using Newage for almost two years without issue after the Oraimo I used for less than a year got pregnant.
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by UnknownT: 7:32pm On Apr 18, 2023
Lol. Same thing with my Oraimo Power bank. I have stopped bringing it closer to me while charging make e no go blow for my face while charging

8 Likes

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by MikeMicheal(m): 7:32pm On Apr 18, 2023
Easybet1:
you mean this ?
Yes, that is the type I am using now.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by MikeMicheal(m): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
Enddy50ty:

Well, my original Romoss powerbank got swollen after a while, so can't recommend it.
(romoss sense 6p) precisely.

4 Likes

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by MikeMicheal(m): 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2023
ikechukz:
My Oraimo power bank is also pregnant, about two months pregnant now so the belle never show like your own. This is something I use like once in 4 months and the power bank battery two years old.
Hahahaha! 2 months pregnant grin grin grin
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
UnknownT:
Lol. Same thing with my Oraimo Power bank. I have stopped bringing it closer to me while charging make e no go blow for my face while charging
Una dey Sabi take risk oo! 🤣

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by falcon01: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
Easybet1:

You don't need someone to tell you how dangerous That is.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Rareoil(m): 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2023
What is happening to your powerbank is what we call thermal runaway caused by heat building up in the powerbank, avoid charging it full and avoid letting it heat

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Soulsymbol99: 6:05am On Apr 19, 2023
Why are all these oraimo powerbanks doing like this?

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Flora2Sweet: 7:17am On Apr 19, 2023
Has any one given birth yet
Maybe na Baby power bank them wan born , since all of dem dey get Belle up and dawn

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Hydroxide(m): 8:02am On Apr 19, 2023
My Oriamo power bank is pregnant too just like the one Op posted. I just leave am there charging it once in awhile

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by LilNetty(m): 8:04am On Apr 19, 2023
Enddy50ty:

My Romoss 30,000 mah power bank of 6 months is also heavily pregnant.. I just taya

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by luvyaself95(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2023
UnknownT:
🤣🤣🤣 that one is used at owner risk
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Olatara(f): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2023
MikeMicheal:
The one I bought for my mom is swollen.
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Easybet1(m): 10:51am On Apr 19, 2023
UnknownT:
grin grin grin
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Easybet1(m): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2023
Rareoil:
What is happening to your powerbank is what we call thermal runaway caused by heat building up in the powerbank, avoid charging it full and avoid letting it heat
any chance of explosion while charging?

It is still charging my phone very well and this is why i felt so reluctant to throw it away.
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by MikeMicheal(m): 11:10am On Apr 19, 2023
Olatara:
The one I bought for my mom is swollen.
Welcome to the club. Go find somewhere troway am grin grin
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by luvyaself95(m): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2023
Collins4u1:
Is this Baseus Brand,

that's how my baseus spoilt... very powerful powerbank.
What is the capacity of this baseus powerbank and how exactly did it spoilt ?
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Elizkid: 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2023
Easybet1:

I’ve been using the same PB since May last year. Don’t know why yours got swollen.

If it’s a thing with Oraimo products, they need to step up their game
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Collins4u1(m): 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
luvyaself95:
What is the capacity of this baseus powerbank and how exactly did it spoilt ?

mine was 20kmah, got swollen maybe due to constant fall from every Tom, dick and Harry that uses it.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by sunshineV(f): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2023
my question is, who is getting all these oraimo powerbanks pregnant?

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Jheypeel(m): 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2023
To be best of my knowledge
They are copy of these power bank out there
Make sure the oraimo you are buying have the warranty sealed unbroken
That’s the best assurance
The copy ones just have the normal box and once you open it
That’s it,no seal. Nothing
I sell Powerbanks so I know they are fake out there that’s why I get mine from their office and it comes with the original invoice
Re: Effects Of Using A Swollen Power Bank by Easybet1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2023
Jheypeel:
To be best of my knowledge
They are copy of these power bank out there
Make sure the oraimo you are buying have the warranty sealed unbroken
That’s the best assurance
The copy ones just have the normal box and once you open it
That’s it,no seal. Nothing
I sell Powerbanks so I know they are fake out there that’s why I get mine from their office and it comes with the original invoice
i bought it directly from oraimo website. So i am very sure i did not buy fake

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung / MTN 120 Gb Cheat: Telecom Provider Lost More Than 1 Zizabyte / Airtel Welcome Back Data Plan Activation

Viewing this topic: Ryabcool(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.