Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos (7131 Views)

Relocate Katsina Airport Project And Risk 2027, Katsina Elders Warn Tinubu / Construction Of The New Terminal Building At The Uyo Airport (photos) / Anambra-China Airport Project To Resume As Ambassador Promises Govt Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
Antipob777:
And no single Airport in the South East except cargo Airport.

Anyway Lagos and Tinubu is there major problem
This is the one built by hopeless governors in your region after borrowing 30 billion

Keep workshops

2 Likes

Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by nesphil(m): 5:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
Update on the progress of work @ the new smart terminal building @ the VAlA as of 11 days ago.

Atouke:
The Airport project in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom state capital, is West Africa's biggest Aviation initiative that will greatly impact the Aviation sector in Africa.
The project is massive and includes:
1). The smart terminal 3-story building with 5 Avio- bridges, and a capacity of 1 million PAX/year.
2). CAT. 9 Apron.
3). Surface Carpark
4). Integrated Access way.
5). Second Runway/ Taxiway 3.5km×60m
6). Integrated Cargo handling terminal
7). MRO ( Maintenance hanger) is the biggest in West and Central Africa.

Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by nesphil(m): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2023
The lnternational Christian Worship Centre, Uyo under construction.
Photo credits: Jesus Cachu and Google Maps

Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by excess4luv: 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Atouke:

Industrlization is a process not a destination.
The process has started in Akwa ibom.
Once our ports are ready for easy evacuation it will speed up the process.
Air Port, about to be updated to international with cargo handling facilities,
Seaport about to commences construction.
Several ventures already started, foreign investors coming in gradually.
Go read up on BUA refinery, OCP fertilizers, sterling oil refinery. Dangote gas pipeline that will Channel gas from ibeno in Aks passing through all Nigerdelta states to Europe via morroco.

By the way do you know any state in Nigeria, that has more accessible and standard road networks within its territory than Akwa ibom.
All the structures that encourages industrial revolution is Bing gradually put in place in Akwa ibom.

I appreciate your tone of response unlike the regular Nairaland tribal bigots.
my thought was that with these infrastructures in place already, there should have been visible translation to the indigenes of the state
Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by gare(f): 3:14am On Apr 28, 2023
SmallDick99:
Akwa Ibom will be the first developed state in a retructured nigeria; beating the over hype Lagos to it's glory.

This I have seen!!

You're very much correct, Lagos would be like India Mumbai that smells all year round
Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by BigIyanga: 3:31am On Apr 28, 2023
Atouke:
The Airport project in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom state capital, is West Africa's biggest Aviation initiative that will greatly impact the Aviation sector in Africa.
The project is massive, includes:
1). The smart terminal 3 storey building with 5 avio- bridges , capacity of 1million PAX / year.
2). CAT. 9 Apron.
3). Surface Carpark
4). Integrated Access way.
5). Second Runway/ Taxiway 3.5km×60m
6). Integrated Cargo handling terminal
7). MRO ( Maintenance hanger) the biggest in West and Central Africa.
How is it the biggest aviation project in W/Africa? Ghana’ s Terminal 3, Kotoka International Airport, Accra gulped close $300m and can process over 6m passengers a yr.
Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by highchief1: 6:32am On Apr 28, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

STOP TALKING NONSENSE.

I said simply make another airport apart from Lagos a real international airport like other sane countries not just by name as is done here in Nigeria and see what will happen.
why are u comparing Lagos and uyo.wetin be ur problem.uyo never fit stand ph na Lagos.Their govs are trying but e never reach to compare uyo to Lagos.Lagos is in competition with bigger African cities not Nigerian cities.I am from the south south but we must be truthful and reasonable
Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by highchief1: 6:34am On Apr 28, 2023
Holyfic:
If I de see all this developmental infrastructure for other state I go de ask who swear for Delta...chai angry
delta Dey try we don’t have good media team that will showcase our projects.trust me for states when try for Nigeria delta stl follow.Don’t get me wrong we have had a crop of useless govs since 1999.but na state stl be edo and abia.
Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by highchief1: 6:35am On Apr 28, 2023
Atouke:

What of enugu, imo airports.
owerri airport is very busy but low standard.have u used it?it’s about the worst airport in Nigeria going by infrastructure.
Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by Holyfic: 7:04am On Apr 28, 2023
highchief1:
delta Dey try we don’t have good media team that will showcase our projects.trust me for states when try for Nigeria delta stl follow.Don’t get me wrong we have had a crop of useless govs since 1999.but na state stl be edo and abia.
Nor compare gold to iron or bronze how much are those state deriving,,, the former governors de try despite their looting at least uduaghan do free waec free delivery of pikin for pregnant women and some developmental project thou not enough but we fit give an pass mark....but this okowa your brother e nor try see the amount of loan sef e de collect sef gadamn
Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by highchief1: 7:28am On Apr 28, 2023
Holyfic:
Nor compare gold to iron or bronze how much are those state deriving,,, the former governors de try despite their looting at least uduaghan do free waec free delivery of pikin for pregnant women and some developmental project thou not enough but we fit give an pass mark....but this okowa your brother e nor try see the amount of loan sef e de collect sef gadamn
Okowa no be my brother o.bros no be by money I think it’s all about goodwill.umahi has shown the world that u can build with Nthg.

1 Like

Re: Uyo, Airport Project To Be Ready May20th 2023 New Photos by Atouke: 4:03pm On May 01, 2023
BigIyanga:

How is it the biggest aviation project in W/Africa? Ghana’ s Terminal 3, Kotoka International Airport, Accra gulped close $300m and can process over 6m passengers a yr.

What other aviation business takes place in kottoka airport in ghana, outside passenger traffic?

In Akwa ibom there's a maintenance hangar, for aircraft maintenance - big bussiness

There is an anchor airline- ibom air state owned- big bussiness.

There is facility for cargo management which ibom air will support- big business.

And there is plans to build an aviation training school, where pilot can get their commercial liscence, right there at the airport.

Tell me what business are in kotoka airport besides passenger traffic handling. Which by the way the new terminal in uyo is designed for 1million pax a year.

Aviation is not only about passenger handling only
If you've ever been to uyo airport, at the entrance of the airport you will see a large Industrial farm, with about 15 gigantic green houses. Those green houses produces, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers etc in commercial quantities, if capacity is expanded, that's another stream of income, that can easily be packed on a plane and arrives any destination around the world fresh, not to talk of our seafood.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

With Tunde Fowler's appointment, Nigeria's finances has given to Tinubu / Most Developed Cities In Nigeria / Photos Showing Anambra State Under PDP VP Candidate Peter Obi Vs Governor Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.