Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Mission Accomplished! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mission Accomplished! (128 Views)

What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished? / Kindly Converge Here For A Noble Cause: Thread Mission Accomplished! / The Evil Mission Of Pastor Adeboye In Akwa Ibom State By Inibehe Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mission Accomplished! by topshore(f): 6:06pm On Apr 18, 2023
Scripture Text: John 19:30

What was Jesus' mission on earth?

Jesus Christ's mission was extensive, and when He completed it, He declared, "It is Finished!" (John 19:30).

Let's examine the many missions accomplished by Jesus Christ so that we can daily appreciate Him more.

-To proclaim the good news to the impoverished (Luke 18:14).
-He came to give us a fuller existence (John 10:10b).
-He was sent to proclaim the truth (John 18:37).
-He arrived to convey fire to the earth (Luke 12:49).
-He came as the Lamb of God to atone for the sins of the world (John 19:30).
-He consented to being pummelling and wounded; blood flowed from His incisions; water flowed from his side; a crown of thorns was placed on his head and caused blood to flow from it; and the nail in His feet caused blood to flow. All of these had significance for the Lord's redeemed who accepted His death, burial, and resurrection (John 19:33–39).
-He removed all of our tribulations and carried them all (Isaiah 53:4).
-With His stripes, we are cured physically, spiritually, and emotionally (Isaiah 53:5). He provided healing for all of our ailments.
-His sacrifice was ONCE AND FOR ALL TIME; even future generations will benefit from accepting Him as Lord and Saviour.
-By His sacrifice on the cross, He has given us a new lease on life.

What is your attitude towards Jesus Christ? He paid the price for your sin with His own life on Calvary's cross. He completed everything. Then, is your spirit in the proper place with Him?

If not, now is the time for repentance. If so, by "His Grace," persevere in His excellent task. We must rely on Him, not on our own fortitude or righteousness (Isaiah 64:6, Romans 5:19). What physical, mental, and spiritual burdens are you currently carrying? Now, Jesus can remove them. Just say:

"Now I come to You, Lord Jesus Christ. I recognise that I am a sinner, but I have repented of my crimes. I acknowledge You as my Lord and Saviour. Come into my existence, rule my universe, and complete me. Thank You, Jesus, and I pray in Your name, amen!

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

Ref:
Dr. D.K Olukoya, Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional: Vol 8, 2023.
Re: Mission Accomplished! by Brainmytool: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2023
Yes it was really accomplished. When a loving father sacrifices his only beloved son to solve a problem he initially created. grin

A loving father that allows his worst enemy to decieve his children, so that he will punish his children. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Wednesday, April 26,2023 / The Values Of Relationship / Is He A Believer ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.