Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 (80909 Views)

Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks / Nigerian Banks Stop ATM Cash Withdrawal Abroad / How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Ijaya123: 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/industry/1530761-complete-list-nigerian-banks-names-cbn-approval/

Others going the way of Gtbank. Guess that’s the new trend in the financial sector

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by PotatoSalad(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
GTB = GTCO
Access Bank = Access Holdings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Menclothing: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
Sterling bank remove my money delete it from my transaction history when I went to bank

I screenshot on app that day the second day not showing on app history

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by hatedisplace: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
Mumusaphire:
Let change Nigeria name also. Or let split it.
To Federal Republic of Hypocrites
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
Hope my money is safe with all this name changing?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Freelancerr(m): 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
Ok. Make them de change at least they should change for the better.

I do data entry jobs and check my signature.

✌️
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Benrosaria(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
is changing of name free of charge.. and who is the scape goats money they would be using for this ? I have an account with first bank. why don't this treacherous bastard advice us to keep our money in our house as they change the name.
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by addexx: 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
Holding everywhere . Zenith with your poor services, you wan start to dey do holding. Shey Wahala no dey bayi? Zenith gimme all my money no hold am for me again abeg. Tienkyu. Make I dey manage my opay until I hear opay holding

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Obyangel: 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
Wahala no dey finish for this country. Sterling bank, biko update me on which division I dey oooo
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by bewla(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2023
Tntsi:
Let the change of name metamorphos into more efficient bank services. That is what we crave for.
Abi reduce in interest and access change

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by imoh4king(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2023
Surprised that Zenith Bank is doing that well to incorporate Holding into its name.

The Bank was the worst performing Bank during the money swap crisis leaving most of its customers stranded.

Some person(s) claim that the funds were used by the Akwa Ibom State Governor for campaign and manipulation for its successor, Umo Eno. The Bank shouldn't be on that list. Well, what do I know. A Country that it's Government claim that a Snake swallowed Billions, yet no one coughed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Bridget95(f): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2023
They are bracing up for the impending inflation

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Psoul(m): 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2023
inoki247:
Lol so in one word People using Sterling Bank will be having two Account Number at the Same time....

Abeg aw Sterling bank customer go take know which Faction dem dey like this Wahala too much for this country....

Theater Arts, Igbo Linguistics and sociology students will find it very difficult to understand this thread.
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Lordofalmajiri(f): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2023
Just imagine, and na the two useless banks I dey use
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by IkeIgboNile(m): 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2023
Now i understand why they were holding our money
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Lordofalmajiri(f): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2023
Menclothing:
Sterling bank remove my money delete it from my transaction history when I went to bank

I screenshot on app that day the second day not showing on app history

lol happened to me as well... They intentionally blocked me from receiving alerts, I was fast enough to pull out my money from them. Na Thieves full that bank

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by nsivic2001: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2023
Will that stop them from stealing people's money?
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by HEBEI: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2023
If them like make them dey change names like ashawo. Unless they work on their sluggish network, they would loose customers to Fintechs soon.
I can't remember when I open my Access, first, and other Banks app last.

They also need internal weeding of the crooks they employ as workers. Or

Monipoint, opay and palm pay will remain my banks.
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by usagee36: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2023
The truth is that, Nigeria is broke. Your Mr integrity scammed you all grin grin God bless America 🇺🇸 🙏

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by ekanx27(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2023
Zenith Bank should be delisted from being a financial institution. Their mode of operations is too parasitic and egoistic. Thunder fire the managers, their shareholders, the workers and anyone who still patronize them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by 900warriorz: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see Buhari changing his name before handing over, I see some states in Nigeria changing their names as well, I see Seun changing his name to Obinna, I see mynd44 changing his name to abubaka, I see Nairaland bearing a new name. It's the era of change my people, change your names and surnames, so as to benefit from this era.

This I have seen.
You never see anything grin
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Cromagnon: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2023
obailala:
Just a case of greedy CEOs not wanting to step aside...
Why should they step aside from their property? All these problem started when Soludo stated dictating banking to bankers and amplified problems.
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by pendusky(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2023

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Timblogga: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2023
seunny4lif:
There was time of Oceanic Bank, Intercontinental bank
Can't remember most of there names again
Bank PHB, Spring Bank, Diamond Bank.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by diplomat058(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:
All these English..

Someone to sum it up for us jare

There is a clause called object in memo of association, a legal document that births companies. It states the kind of business the company wants to do. The company is not allowed to do any business not related to that object. Now, Nigerian banks have made much money from banking which is their object. They want to invest in other sectors but this object (banking and financial investment) is limiting them. As a result, they are changing into holding companies. Holding companies are allowed to buy shares and invest in various companies. So what the banks are doing is to become holding companies, and then restructure their banking operations as one of their subsidiaries. That way, they are given wings to fly and explore other money making fields. Also, if a subsidiary of an holding company is owning you, you cannot go after the holding company because they are legally protected from the debts of their subsidiaries in which they have shares.

Hope this helps

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by simplesearch: 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2023
Per average Nigeria banks. Whatever they're holding should include holding our money well. Expansion, metamorphosis, change of operation tactics or rebranding of name, adds nothing to the fore; if the same ineptitude and lackadaisical attitude to customers yearning and aspirations which is seamless banking experience is not put in the lead among other considerations.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Nfora: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see Buhari changing his name before handing over, I see some states in Nigeria changing their names as well, I see Seun changing his name to Obinna, I see mynd44 changing his name to abubaka, I see Nairaland bearing a new name. It's the era of change my people, change your names and surnames, so as to benefit from this era.

This I have seen.

I see Nairaland change to DollarLand.

This I have seen.
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by BloomingDale(f): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2023
diplomat058:

There is a clause called object in memo of association, a legal document that births companies. It states the kind of business the company wants to do. The company is not allowed to do any business not related to that object. Now, Nigerian banks have made much money from banking which is their object. They want to invest in other sectors but this object (banking and financial investment) is limiting them. As a result, they are changing into holding companies. Holding companies are allowed to buy shares and invest in various companies. So what the banks are doing is to become holding companies, and then restructure their banking operations as one of their subsidiaries. That way, they are given wings to fly and explore other money making fields. Also, if a subsidiary of an holding company is owning you, you cannot go after the holding company because they are legally protected from the debts of their subsidiaries in which they have shares.

Hope this helps

Thank you. I was looking for this explanation.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by mayo47(m): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2023
Back to "disguised" universal banking license days when commercial banks owned Investment banks, insurance companies etc...CBN confused??

nlfpmod:

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/industry/1530761-complete-list-nigerian-banks-names-cbn-approval/

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Airlohim(m): 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2023
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Guy I almost died laughing😂😂
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by Hallabee1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2023
ThatrealestApex:
C

Aje...

C for what pls
Re: 3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 by matm: 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2023
Change of name will have no single effect on their services.
Rather they should work on their system upgrade, customer services and customers rewards and motivation with at least annual gifts or tokens.
Never have I heard dt any of these banks rewarded their customers as appreciation with any amount even as least as N50 in a year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.