Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,313 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial (5879 Views)

Let Senate Sit While Saraki Faces His Trial – CCT / Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial / Zahra Buhari Back On Twitter, Accuses PDP Of Hacking Into Her Twitter Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by DaLover(m): 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2011
Kolababa:

See a big fool "TINUBU IS GUILTY AS CHARGED".
Are you the judge?
An accused is presumed innocent until when found guilty by a court.
The hatred you have for Tinubu has even turned you to an intellectual slowpoke.
Because of daft like you we are advocating that police should not parade a robbery suspect until the person is convicted.
Look at this case, a pastor was mistaken for a robbery suspect and he was paraded. It was later the court discharged and acquinted him after the church congreation has deserted the church. What I am saying is that anybody that concluded during tje trial of this man that he was an armed robber has commited a sin against him and God.
So Mr Nairaland Chief Judge, watch your tongue.

The law as i understood it then made it illigal to even own a forign account as an elected official, if you had one before u went to seek election, you had to close it. i read tru the original post, and tinubu did not claim to have closed the accounts, appearantly they were still operational, he seams guilty based on my understanding of the law
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by friedrice1: 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
I m only wait for the Aftermath of this trial.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by PointB: 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
This Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (or whatever his real name is), is a progressive [/b]crook; a big fraud.

[b]When he is not busy changing his identity,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-691216.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-548885.0.html

he is busy trafficking drugs
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-172825.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-236662.0.html

When he takes time off forging certificates;
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-612985.0.html

he is busy perpetuating land scams with fashola
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-477812.32.html

When he is not running foreign accounts while in office,

he is looting from Lagos state with the active connivance of Babatunde Raji Fashola.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-374156.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-614618.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-685487.0.html

[size=15pt]All we pray for is that justice is served; no more no less! [/size]
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by dayokanu(m): 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2011
Let them jail Tinubu first before we know who runs this town.

Asiwaju nothing dey happenJust the way you saw the end of OBJ and Bode george, You would see the end of Adoke and Retardeen
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by CasCas2: 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2011
[size=8pt]Tinubu made us know he is a suspected sponsor of Boko Haram. Usually, this kind of accusation is hard to prove by prosecutors. I think govt wants another reason, (this case) to cage him behind bars in a fight against BH.

All these talk of, ''they are after me, they are after me'', it does not move me; Just answer your case! This is why I never pitied Chuba Okadigbo against OBJ, Diya against Abacha, So  many Vs Ribadu's EFCC etc.

If you are smart enough to know they are after you, then be smart and play clean!!!
[/size]
tongue
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by gernded(m): 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2011
as i was going down my street this morning i heat my leg against the stone, and i am very sure pdp and pius anyim is the cause of the incidents, nonsense go and answer your query and stop jagons.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by cre8tivity(f): 12:01am On Sep 23, 2011
this tinubu sef. na wah for him.
how can it be pdp? the same party you just helped to win the presidential election. why not cpc?
this man is a lousy loser. i beg go defend urself for court
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by babaowo: 1:12am On Sep 23, 2011
we shall see the end.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by visionsen(m): 2:38am On Sep 23, 2011
Aiswaju the case is did you have a foreign account while in office as against the law? And not if there are millions in it.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by nethacker(m): 4:11am On Sep 23, 2011
visionsen:

Aiswaju the case is did you have a foreign account while in office as against the law? And not if there are millions in it.
its very easy for them to drag tinubu to court but nothing has yet been done to bankole n several others who r guilty of d same offense.evrytin in 9ja is about selective justice n nothing more. lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by fjjc(m): 5:22am On Sep 23, 2011
Nobody is going to stop the move to capture ASO ROCK by ACN soonest whether they like it or not the good work of some individual somewhere is really overshadow some cowards over there in Abuja come 2015 the whole world we hear it that that man that is performing the wonders in lagos will capture the power even without TINUBU influence so let GEJ and his PAPA DENIAL PINKIN (PDP) continue their intimidation on his person.Bravo Asiwaju nobody can shakara you.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by TenKobo1: 6:45am On Sep 23, 2011
He could be right, may be the PDP opened the numerous accounts on his name. S.T.U.P.I.D.!!! Just amazing how Nigerian politicians point the finger when they are caught in their own mess.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Arnold1(m): 7:05am On Sep 23, 2011
Where is Fashola ? Why wasn't he in abuja with Govs Aregbesola and Ajumobi
to support Tinubu ?

Abi Fashola is not in ACN anymore ?
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by oakcha(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2011
Tinubu is not first Ex-Gov to have come under the scrutiny of the code of conduct bureau, they did the same to Orji Uzor Kalu, and he told them the account that he left in the United State was to take care of this wife and family because they stay in the United State and the bureau had no choice but to let him go free, so please Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, no body is after you, just go there and clear your name, 10 accounts is much anyway,
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Demdem(m): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2011
[b]Addressing reporters after the sitting, Tinubu said: “I believe in the rule of law and constitutional democracy and the respect for the judiciary, believing equally that those who allege must prove beyond reasonable doubt. The substance of the case, I don’t even know.

“They said I operated foreign accounts; they have not shown me statements of account, they are yet to provide information, even though under the Freedom of Information Act they are expected to do that; they have not provided me the amount; is it from the state money? Is it from Lagos State or from my almajiri exercise or efforts? They have not shown me.

“Suddenly, they pounced on me with a new charge; amended charge this morning in the court premises. That one, I have not seen at all. I don’t know what the charge is. Anybody who knows me knows that I maintain an open-door policy. My address is known throughout this country. They gave excuses there again that they had to drop the summons in my office because they couldn’t locate me. That, I believe is a fabrication.

“The question is, this is all politics.com. Nigeria is facing a very crucial challenge in our democratic dispensation; in our institutional building. The focus of service and development to this country is very crucial at this hour. I think we should wait for them to see and prove whatever they have, but, to me clearly, we should concentrate on the security, the welfare and developmental requirement of our nation.”

As he walked to the BWW Sport Utility Vehicle in which he rode out of the court premises, Tinubu’s supporters chanted: “On your mandate we shall stand, on your mandate we shall stand, on your mandate, on your mandate, on your mandate we shall stand!”[/b]

www.thenationonlineng.net
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by edicolove: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2011
Facts:

1. Gani is vindicated
2. All government prosecutions are politically motivated including that of Bode George which ACN and Tinubu's supporters praised. So it doesnt matter as long as he is a criminal
3. The fact that Tinubu was sitting in the dock yesterday is enough punishment to start with.
4. ACN can never never never win the presidential election in a hundred years.
   a. It is a regional party
   b. The region where it resides are too possesive of the party to allow for other regions to embrace it
   c. It has a cult like following that doesnt allow for open participation
   d. It will soon have a break away as there are serious internal power tussle going on already. Fashola may emerge as the party leader soon. Dont say I didnt warn you guys.
   e. The North does not do opposition politics. They always belong to the center. That was why PDP swept the governorship posts as soon as GEJ was annouced winner of the presidential race. CPC would have swept the northern Governorship election if Buhari was announced winner. North does not join opposition.
   f. ACN does not have real people on the ground in most states outside the SW. All their candidates inthe last elections outside the SW were former PDP or ANPP people who could not get the primary tickets from PDP/ANPP. They are not very relevant in those states, just like the case in Akwa Ibom. the guy was a 2 time PDP senator that was an epic failure while he was in the NASS. He only tried to play tribal politics but it backfired.
  g. ACN governors are now becoming guilty of the same thing they accused PDP governors of. The reason is simple. Nigerian leaders perform well only when they are under serious pressure. Now several of the PDP governors having felt some real pressure from the last elections are beginning to do well. Even the formerly inept Uduaghan is beginning to do wonders in Delta state. He is now responding to the people more. But the reverse is the case for the ACN states. The ACN governors are becoming comfortable and thereby becoming relaxed. Aregbesola is a very good example. He acts like he is bigger than OSun. It will backfire on him.

5. This trial is only the prelude to a bigger trial. Many of you havent yet understood the end game. It is simple. First, establish that he owns the account. Next prosecute him for embezzlement based on the monies in the account. If you start by trying to prosecute him for embezzlement, you might have a setback in the case. Its a 2 edge sword and no matter how Tinubu's supporters try to wish it away, he is fried. Period!
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by stiyke(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2011
edicolove:

Facts:

1. Gani is vindicated
2. All government prosecutions are politically motivated including that of Bode George which ACN and Tinubu's supporters praised. So it doesnt matter as long as he is a criminal
3. The fact that Tinubu was sitting in the dock yesterday is enough punishment to start with.
4. ACN can never never never win the presidential election in a hundred years.
   a. It is a regional party
   b. The region where it resides are too possesive of the party to allow for other regions to embrace it
   c. It has a cult like following that doesnt allow for open participation
   d. It will soon have a break away as there are serious internal power tussle going on already. Fashola may emerge as the party leader soon. Dont say I didnt warn you guys.
   e. The North does not do opposition politics. They always belong to the center. That was why PDP swept the governorship posts as soon as GEJ was annouced winner of the presidential race. CPC would have swept the northern Governorship election if Buhari was announced winner. North does not join opposition.
   f. ACN does not have real people on the ground in most states outside the SW. All their candidates inthe last elections outside the SW were former PDP or ANPP people who could not get the primary tickets from PDP/ANPP. They are not very relevant in those states, just like the case in Akwa Ibom. the guy was a 2 time PDP senator that was an epic failure while he was in the NASS. He only tried to play tribal politics but it backfired.
  g. ACN governors are now becoming guilty of the same thing they accused PDP governors of. The reason is simple. Nigerian leaders perform well only when they are under serious pressure. Now several of the PDP governors having felt some real pressure from the last elections are beginning to do well. Even the formerly inept Uduaghan is beginning to do wonders in Delta state. He is now responding to the people more. But the reverse is the case for the ACN states. The ACN governors are becoming comfortable and thereby becoming relaxed. Aregbesola is a very good example. He acts like he is bigger than OSun. It will backfire on him.

5. This trial is only the prelude to a bigger trial. Many of you havent yet understood the end game. It is simple. First, establish that he owns the account. Next prosecute him for embezzlement based on the monies in the account. If you start by trying to prosecute him for embezzlement, you might have a setback in the case. Its a 2 edge sword and no matter how Tinubu's supporters try to wish it away, he is fried. Period!

/\/\ Thanks my brother, always feels good to read unbiased opinion. I dont support any party, who ever is cought should go for it simple.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Baawaa(m): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2011
The Film just started,we hav watched d intro grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Gbawe: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2011
Useless FG. The Privatisation mess is very current and deeply embarrassing with the revelation of sabotage that is killing our nation. The culprits are all in the corridors of power so I expect nothing will happen despite all the NLC protest. Let them continue playing politics while the house is on fire. We all know who 419ned Nigeria with the power probe Omar talks about below (i.e OBJ , Imoke, Agagu et al) yet they continue to live large and above the law.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/privatisation-nlc-tuc-barricade-nass-complex/

Privatisation: NLC, TUC barricade NASS Complex
On September 23, 2011 · In News

By Okey Ndiribe  & Henry Umoru
ABUJA—The nation’s labour movement yesterday embarked on street march within Abuja to protest against the Federal Government’s privatization programme. Leaders of the two umbrella labour unions in the country later urged the National Assembly to ensure that those found to defrauded the nation during the privatization programme should be punished.

In his speech at the rally, the President of the NLC Comrade Abdulwahed Omar who initially faulted security officials who refused to allow them to enter the premises of the National Assembly urged the lawmakers to ensure that those found guilty in the BPE probe should be brought to book just as he called on the Federal Government to immediately halt the entire privatisation exercise.

He said “we must encourage the National Assembly to do the a very good job; to tell them that the probe must not end like the power probe which discovered $16bn was squandered without any result and was swept under the carpet.

“On privatisation of the ongoing probe revealed $70 million was spent to upgrade a government company only for that same company to be sold for $7 million. For the minimum wage, it must continue to remain on the exclusive list and it is a law that every arm of government must respect.”

The protest march which was led by the NLC President and his TUC counterpart began from Berger Junction at approximately 8: 50 am. The protesters passed through Wuse Zones Five, Four and Two and the Federal Secretariat Complex before arriving at the National Assembly.

The protest caused traffic chaos along the access roads to the National Assembly. Traffic was brought to a total standstill for the period the rally lasted.

There was tension at the link road to the National Assembly as the protesters were denied entry into the main premises of the Parliament.

The protesters were first stopped at the Three-Arms Junction and had to stage a sit-in for close to 20 minutes before they were allowed to proceed to the main gate where they were also stopped.

A second round of negotiations took place between the protesters and Deputy Speaker Hon. Emeka Ihedioha who led some members of the parliament to address them by the main gate. However, the protesters booed him and Senator Oluremi Tinubu, the Deputy Committee Chairman on Labour. The protesters insisted they must enter the main premises of the National Assembly.

It was gathered that the lawmakers refused the protesters entry due to fear of infiltration by members of the Boko Haram sect.

The labour leaders finally agreed to address the lawmakers by the last gate of the National Assembly. Deputy Senate Leader Abdul Ningi who was also there stated that the report of the Senate Committee on the Privatisation conducted by the Bureau for Public Enterprises (BPE) will be ready by October.

Speaking at the rally, President General of the TUC Comrade Peter Esele said workers will not allow the privatisation probe to be swept under the carpet just as he echoed the demand for the halting of the privatisation exercise.

On his part, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives Emeka Ihedioha assured the workers that the National Assembly will take up the matter seriously and will ensure that the demands of Nigerians will always come first.

On her part, Senate Deputy Chairman, Labour Committee Senator Remi Tinubu said “we are here to do the work and I assure you that we will continue to live up to expectation and will not disappoint Nigerians on this matter.”

However, Deputy Senate Leader Abdul Ningi, who said the report of the probe will be available by late October, blamed the Federal government for not implementing the recommendations of the various investigations conducted by the National Assembly.

He said “this is not a personal fight between you and us. But it is a collective fight. It is an

institutional fight. You have made mention of that which took place in the house. It was in the house that the power probe held, but, however, what we are trying to understand is that the process of bringing people to justice does not start and end in the house.

“One must understand that the National Assembly’s duty is to expose corruption and for some

people to implement it. The power probe that you have seen a lot of people say it is buried. It may be buried for now, but it may not be buried forever because the investigation, the documents are within the public glare. Tomorrow, by God’s grace; tomorrow somebody powerful who understands people power will come and open up that particular power project.”

“Back to the issue of privatization, I want you to appreciate one thing. It is easy to criticize. But let me tell you one thing that the Senate was unanimous in adopting the issue of the privatization. Some of us are personally committed.

We have personal reservation about the privatization since its inception by the former president. We had our fears and we said it. Not once, not twice. What you have seen is a tip of the iceberg. Let me assure you we are all Nigerians. This probe has started. Investigation has commenced. Therefore, if you allow us to push this thing under carpet, it your fault.”

“By the grace of God this particular report in God’s name will never be thrown under the carpet.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Delafruita(m): 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2011
@pointB

you have simply produced links of past threads which contain baseless accusation with not a single shred of evidence.
For those in the know,it is a fact that asiwaju has more than 13 foreign accounts which have been in operation since 1988.three of those accounts were voluntarily closed by asiwaju in 1991 after the investigation by the FBIand the amounts totalling about $1.2million forfeited by asiwaju to take care of his legal expenses.at the end of the investigation,he was foun innocent of all the charges.
Those acounts remained active till he was became governor.it however will be insane to expect the man to abandon businesses he has built over the years and which can be run in his absence.

The CCB will only have a case if it can prove that the accounts were use to launder funds which i doubt.

P.S i wonder what makes people so edgy when any topic that regards the great asiwaju comes up
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by odeleyej: 5:47am On Sep 25, 2011
NairaLander I just want us to see this issue in another perspective .What is code of conduct doing since 5 years ago,I just felt the federal Government is trying to play some tricks on Nigeria Intelligent and we should be careful about thsi and perhaps All i see the are giving this man is political popularity showing the party or the federal government were being run by some fools, President,Special Adviser,and all Cabinet Members.
I always said instead this guy should be disturbing themselves on a opposition leader,the should better use thei cabinet meeting to discuss about key issues disturbing Nigeria.Remember Last Month was Boko Haram, This Month is Bola Tinubu what will be next Month, Keep Guessing
oakcha:

Tinubu is not first Ex-Gov to have come under the scrutiny of the code of conduct bureau, they did the same to Orji Uzor Kalu, and he told them the account that he left in the United State was to take care of this wife and family because they stay in the United State and the bureau had no choice but to let him go free, so please Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, no body is after you, just go there and clear your name, 10 accounts is much anyway,
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Slncere9gerian: 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
lol
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Slncere9gerian: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
D

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Fayemi & Wife Spent N100m On Their Bedrooms – Fayose's Aide Claims / Drama As Senator Akpabio Weeps At APC Rally Over PDP In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Presidency, MDAs to Spend N13.2bn on Food, Sitting Allowance, Others in 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.