Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,126 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye (2325 Views)

Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? / Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) / "I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2023
I applied and paid for my transcript on OOU etranscript website on June 2022, it was stated that it will take up to 4 weeks before I get it. But since July 2022, I have not gotten my transcript.

Ive sent a lot of mails and WhatsApp message to the department in charge of the transcript, I've gotten no feedbacks.

I called the department phone number but is always switch off.

The funny thing is that, the WhatsApp number is always online but will never reply my message since last year.

So last week, I made a decision to go to OOU main campus at Ago-iwoye to know why is taking close to 1 year for me to get my transcript after making every necessary payments since June 2022.

While on my way to Ijebu ode, the bus I was in was hit by a trailer from behind on the expressway, all the glasses were shattered cause we were hit really hard. The accident was caused by the driver of the bus I was in, he slowed down while on speed because he wanted to pick some passengers on the road

Well, am glad we didnt lose our life neither did anybody got injured but my knee cap hurts seriously.

I'm so disappointed because I could have lost my life today because of the incompetence of some people who failed to do their job

How can someone pay for something since June 2022 and people in charge failed to do their work because they couldn't get bribes.

13 Likes

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
Public servants in Nigeria are just so wicked. I could have lost my life because some set of people refuse to do a job they are receiving salaries to do.

We will be cursing politicians for stealing and not doing their job, but we are doing worst in the little positions we occupy.

9 Likes

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2023
I'm so pained and angry because I could have lost my life in the accident and no one will be held responsible.

Nah just pure wickedness be this abeg

Something I paid for since June 2022, and I have still not gotten it in April 2023 shocked

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
The Ogun state government and the school management should really look into this issue please.

I have sent a lot of mails, sent a lot of Whatsapp messages and even called but I dont get any response. The funny thing b say, the WhatsApp number is always online but will never reply or pick up the call.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Jogs1900: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2023
I know someone that has been processing his since 2021 but is yet to receive it. They said it was in the queue.
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2023
Jogs1900:
I know someone that has been processing his since 2021 but is yet to receive it. They said it was in the queue.
Are you for real? shocked

I wanted to use the transcript in January, I don lose what I wanted to use it for because I couldn't tender my transcript.

I'm so pained right now cause I could have lost my life or limbs

I just sit down dey imagine say if something happened to my spinal cord nko sef? sad

A lot of non teaching staffs in public universities are extremely wicked cause I wander how they sleep comfortably not doing thier jobs

Omo I 4 for Nigeria o

Ogun state government don collect and confirm say I don pay, but to collect my transcript don become wahala. Something wey no be for free o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Jogs1900: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Are you for real? shocked

I wanted to use the transcript in January, I don lose what I wanted to use it for because I couldn't tender my transcript.

I'm so pained right now cause I could have lost my life or limbs

I just sit down dey imagine say if something happened to my spinal cord nko sef? sad

A lot of non teaching staffs in public universities are extremely wicked cause I wander how they sleep comfortably not doing thier jobs

Omo I 4 for Nigeria o

Ogun state government don collect and confirm say I don pay, but to collect my transcript don become wahala. Something wey no be for free o
Sorry for the inconvenience...The attached may be of help.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Pennywise2: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The Ogun state government and the school management should really look into this issue please.

I have sent a lot of mails, sent a lot of Whatsapp messages and even called but I dont get any response. The funny thing b say, the WhatsApp number is always online but will never reply or pick up the call.
sorry bro. God will keep you strong. Try be praying b4 going anywhere.
And concerning that script, please just pray about it. Someone may just park it aside in their office. It's laziness but that's the point. Just pray.
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by swaqq(m): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2023
If you go back to your school and bribe whoever is in charge, I’m sure it will come out in a week.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I applied and paid for my transcript on OOU etranscript website on June 2022, it was stated that it will take up to 4 weeks before I get it. But since July 2022, I have not gotten my transcript.

Ive sent a lot of mails and WhatsApp message to the department in charge of the transcript, I've gotten no feedbacks.

I called the department phone number but is always switch off.

The funny thing is that, the WhatsApp number is always online but will never reply my message since last year.

So last week, I made a decision to go to OOU main campus at Ago-iwoye to know why is taking close to 1 year for me to get my transcript after making every necessary payments since June 2022.

While on my way to Ijebu ode, the bus I was in was hit by a trailer from behind on the expressway, all the glasses were shattered cause we were hit really hard. The accident was caused by the driver of the bus I was in, he slowed down while on speed because he wanted to pick some passengers on the road

Well, am glad we didnt lose our life neither did anybody got injured but my knee cap hurts seriously.

I'm so disappointed because I could have lost my life today because of the incompetence of some people who failed to do their job

How can someone pay for something since June 2022 and people in charge failed to do their work because they couldn't get bribes.
Sorry about that.
Hope things get better.
But I doubt.
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Reggaemich(m): 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

have u also collected your certificate
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Brownshoe: 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2023
Getting transcripts in Nigeria university is the hardest part of it, even getting money is easier than transcripts.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Rexymania(m): 8:32pm On Apr 20, 2023
Thank God for life.
Who did you vote during this last $-election?
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by johnwizey: 8:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
Were you able to get the transcript bro?
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
Pennywise2:
sorry bro. God will keep you strong. Try be praying b4 going anywhere.
And concerning that script, please just pray about it. Someone may just park it aside in their office. It's laziness but that's the point. Just pray.
Thanks man

I will start praying o, cause I no just understand this kin matter

I don pay for something, to get am don become wahala
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
Reggaemich:
have u also collected your certificate
Yes
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 9:14pm On Apr 20, 2023
Iamuk:

Sorry about that.
Hope things get better.
But I doubt.
I hope and pray things will get better

But Nigeria have a long way to go

I could have lost my life because some people decided not to do their job

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2023
johnwizey:
Were you able to get the transcript bro?
No o, something wey I don pay for since June 2022

I fear some Nigerians o

Phone number wey dem drop say person fit call to make enquiries, have been calling the number since August 2022, is always switch off

I'm glad the accident was not fatal
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by techgen(m): 10:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
Next time dey enter bus from credible park not roadside, I learnt my own lesson the hard way...I for lost my life to kidnappers.

For the transcript mata...you self try dey active for una Alumni, so that you can easily channel this kind irregularities appropriately.

In all, Thank God for life.
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Flora2Sweet: 11:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
As if you don't know how 9ja works .... you paid online😁😁😁

I laugh you in Spanish.....

Anything school documents ,in Nigeria you need to be physically present except Its a private school...

Abi u no want make Non Academic staffs chop

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Bayor28: 11:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
My own was paid since September last year same oou, I tried so hard to reach them all effort prove abortive,

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by EastAlchemist: 3:13am On Apr 21, 2023
Go to the office with money
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by christejames(m): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2023
Thank God for your life...

Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ will never happen to us, amen!
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by rashfat(m): 11:42am On Apr 21, 2023
Jogs1900:

Up Jogs!!!! 05/06 set
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2023
christejames:
Thank God for your life...

Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ will never happen to us, amen!
Thank you Man!

Amen!

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
Bayor28:
My own was paid since September last year same oou, I tried so hard to reach them all effort prove abortive,
Nah wah o

I don even leave am for them, anytime dem send am I go collect am.

If Nigeria is working the way it should work, I would have sued the Ogun State Government for damages

I know how much I don spend to treat myself cause my kneecap no balance after the accident.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
Flora2Sweet:
As if you don't know how 9ja works .... you paid online😁😁😁

I laugh you in Spanish.....

Anything school documents ,in Nigeria you need to be physically present except Its a private school...

Abi u no want make Non Academic staffs chop
I want make dem chop nah

But is getting close to a year, they are suppose to do their job, they cant just abadon wetin person don pay for is not right

I'm glad I didn't lose my life sha

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Ikaeniyan0: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
techgen:
Next time dey enter bus from credible park not roadside, I learnt my own lesson the hard way...I for lost my life to kidnappers.

For the transcript mata...you self try dey active for una Alumni, so that you can easily channel this kind irregularities appropriately.

In all, Thank God for life.
I don learn my lesson

Thank you

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by Flora2Sweet: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Yeah thank God..

Ikaeniyan0:
I want make dem chop nah

But is getting close to a year, they are suppose to do their job, they cant just abadon wetin person don pay for is not right

I'm glad I didn't lose my life sha
Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by EverblazingTee: 8:07am On Jun 08, 2023
I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through.

Honestly, OOU is one of the most useless schools when it comes to collection of transcripts. They delay you unnecessarily and make you lose opportunities.

I'm also going through the same thing. Have you gotten your transcript now?

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Lost My Life While Traveling To OOU Main Campus In Ago-iwoye by marijane59(f): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I don learn my lesson

Thank you

Please what is the update now, have you been able to collect it.
I am about to apply for mine now online. Please do you suggest i go to school to make a cash payment?
Any advise will do. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How was your JAMB? (UME, May 7th 2005, Nigeria) / Breaking News: Uniport Resumes Friday May 25th / Jamb Utme Is Now Every Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.