Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Thanks - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thanks (854 Views)

Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) / I Make Delicious And Affordable Cakes And Cupcakes. Call Or Whatsapp Me. Thanks. / I Just Wanna Say THANKS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks by Sunshinehappy: 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2023
Thank you
Re: Thanks by jaeyking(m): 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
Is your sister older than you or younger

If she is older, let her leave the house and go and marry, maybe na wetin dey make her talk anyhow

If she is younger, then you no be man or deserve to be called senior

Thats my two cents

6 Likes

Re: Thanks by Flight90: 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
angry
Chike!
Chike!
Chike!
How many times did I call you
This matter shouldn't be made public 🙄

1 Like

Re: Thanks by Sunshinehappy: 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
jaeyking:

If she is older, let her leave the house and go and meet, maybe na wetin dey make her talk anyhow

Thats my two cents

I am a female and my sister is my older sister. She is way older then me, 12 years. I am the last born.
Re: Thanks by GoWithGood: 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
jaeyking:

If she is older, let her leave the house and go and meet, maybe na wetin dey make her talk anyhow

Thats my two cents

Answers to these questions may provide us with more insights.

1 Like

Re: Thanks by Rokiat(f): 5:54pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lol poster this is how most women live, they hardly get along. Be it mother and daughter, sisters, friends, in-laws, as soon they live under the same roof and for too long there are bound to be problems.

2 Likes

Re: Thanks by AsomStructures: 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2023
Seriously i destest it when an elderly person is been disrespected not to talk of disrespecting/disregarding ur own parent..

I'll advise you confide in anyone who she respects or a well respected person in the family or church to talk her about her attitude towards ur mom..
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

4 Likes

Re: Thanks by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sunshinehappy:

I am a female and my sister is my older sister. She is way older then me, 12 years. I am the last born.
no wonder, that's why you cant do anything,the age gap too wide angry

3 Likes

Re: Thanks by Sunshinehappy: 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:
Lol poster this is how most women live, they hardly get along. Be it mother and daughter, sisters, friends, in-laws, as soon they live under the same roof and for too long there are bound to be problems.

Hmmm
I can surely say it’s better to live alone than be in a house with a nagging person.
Re: Thanks by Rokiat(f): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sunshinehappy:

Hmmm
I can surely say it’s better to live alone than be in a house with a nagging person.

Is there a father figure in the home?

1 Like

Re: Thanks by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sunshinehappy:
My mom and my sister are always at loggerhead and it is making me sick. The house has become unbearable for me. My sister is always complaining about our mom, using all sorts of words on her and my mom on the other hand is always crying and being sad. I can’t remember the last time that I saw my sister smiling or happy. She doesn’t smile or show happiness and if someone else smiles or shows happiness, she doesn’t join in.

I have spoken to my sister severally about the way she talks to our mother, I told her to talk to her with respect and be careful what she says to mom but it still hasn’t changed anything. I spoke with mom to just obey her and not cry but still the two of them continue.
I’ve tried talking to them privately but still nothing.
My sister says that my mom likes taking the little we have to help people who turn out being ungrateful to us, she also accuses my mom of being the kind of person who gives to other people while neglecting herself. She says our mother is always looking for other people’s problems to solve when we ourselves are still managing and we have no help from other people. When my sister is talking and my mom jokingly responds, my sister stops talking and cuts her off or sometimes with her a hears responds or sometimes just suddenly shut down and walk away. I feel sorry for my mo. I pray for peace and love in our home all the time.

What do you think I should do now?

- how can you ask your mum to OBEY your sister?!
- your mother is who she is, you cant expect her to become someone different, and as long as she aint doing anything criminal, let her be herself!
- no matter how old/wise you think you are, you should always respect the person who raised you..
- your disrespectful sista needs to either change her ways or move out to her own place.

5 Likes

Re: Thanks by Sunshinehappy: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2023
Rokiat:

Is there a father figure in the home?

That’s the problem, no father figure. My dad passed away since 2012. My sister and I have been together since then. No uncle or if there is an uncle then we don’t really know him. My mom tried introducing us to a family man that we can take as an uncle or elder family person but my sister said she doesn’t see any other person as her father apart from our dad. She doesn’t have a friend or husband that I can at least explain to. She’s always indoors. She doesn’t regard anyone as an elderly family person.
Re: Thanks by Sunshinehappy: 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

- how can you ask your mum to OBEY your sister?!
- your mother is who she is, you cant expect her to become someone different, and as long as she aint doing anything criminal, let her be herself!
- no matter how old/wise you think you are, you should always respect the person who raised you..
- your disrespectful sista needs to either change her ways or move out to her own place.

Well I just wanted peace that’s why I said that. She has refused to change her ways. She quit her job because they weren’t paying well at all and doesn’t have money to rent her own place not to talk of getting basic necessities. I am the one even paying for the place we are in and everything. How do I ask her to leave now?
Re: Thanks by sisisioge: 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sunshinehappy:

Well I just wanted peace that’s why I said that. She has refused to change her ways. She quit her job because they weren’t paying well at all and doesn’t have money to rent her own place not to talk of getting basic necessities. I am the one even paying for the place we are in and everything. How do I ask her to leave now?

It is well....you mom should toughen up and put your sister in her place. If matters becomes unbearable, she should send your sis packing. I even thought she was the one winning bread with all that nonsense!
Re: Thanks by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sunshinehappy:

you dont have to ask her to leave but if you are paying for the house then ask her to RESPECT YOUR MOTHER if she wants to live their for free.
Re: Thanks by Rokiat(f): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sunshinehappy:

That’s the problem, no father figure. My dad passed away since 2012. My sister and I have been together since then. No uncle or if there is an uncle then we don’t really know him. My mom tried introducing us to a family man that we can take as an uncle or elder family person but my sister said she doesn’t see any other person as her father apart from our dad. She doesn’t have a friend or husband that I can at least explain to. She’s always indoors. She doesn’t regard anyone as an elderly family person.

Your elder sister is obviously the bigger problem here from the little I have gathered from what you wrote. Nothing you wrote about your mom that shows genuine concern. But your sister is downright disrespectful to your mother, she’s bitter and acting as if all her trouble is caused by her mother…….the poor woman has it rough already her husband is deceased and your elder sister is acting like a 15 yr kid that just entered puberty no sense of direction what so ever.

I am shocked she’s the eldest with this her behaviour, if I was her little sister I would give her the truth raw and undiluted. Also I wouldn’t stand for her to disrespect our mother in my presence ever I would give her a taste of her own medicine so she can see how it feels when you are disrespected by your junior, then she will learn not to disrespect the mother who birthed us.

She needs to let go of the bitterness. Maybe she needs some dick in her life a man perhaps. She need to start putting herself out there and stop being indoors all the time. Prince Charming wouldn’t come knocking at her door looking for her.

Let her please stop putting her frustration on the oldma….your mother have her own issues she’s dealing with as well, she don’t have to add an over grown angry brat to that.
Re: Thanks by Simeony007(m): 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2023
Na see finish be this. When you're too Familiar with what you see everyday it loses value. But when you see things less it gains more value.

The more you sister sees your mom the more she loses interest in her because she getting old for the house.

It's time for your sister to leave the house, she's due for a move out.

1 Like

Re: Thanks by JeffreyJunior: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
Start looking for a husband for your sister so she can leave the house ASAP. She has proven to have outlived her usefulness in that house.

You too, be the man you should be. She can't be disrespecting and hurting your mum when you are there, ogini di? sad

However, her concerns about your mum is valid.

You too should advise your mum that it's not bad to be selfish sometimes.

Na when you bellefull, you suppose share food with strangers, not when you never chop well.

Helping people is not bad but she should be wise while at it.

2 Likes

Re: Thanks by Stevenbright(m): 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sunshinehappy:

She has emotional issues.

The lack of job (finance), friends, and significant other is the reason for her behavior.

If possible, help her find a job by recommendation in her areas of interest or training and if possible a significant other too by match making/recommendation.

And you will see a great change in no distance time.
Re: Thanks by illicit(m): 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ur sister is ugly right
Re: Thanks by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sunshinehappy:
My mom and my sister are always at loggerhead and it is making me sick. The house has become unbearable for me. My sister is always complaining about our mom, using all sorts of words on her and my mom on the other hand is always crying and being sad. I can’t remember the last time that I saw my sister smiling or happy. She doesn’t smile or show happiness and if someone else smiles or shows happiness, she doesn’t join in.

I have spoken to my sister severally about the way she talks to our mother, I told her to talk to her with respect and be careful what she says to mom but it still hasn’t changed anything. I spoke with mom to just obey her and not cry but still the two of them continue.
I’ve tried talking to them privately but still nothing.
My sister says that my mom likes taking the little we have to help people who turn out being ungrateful to us, she also accuses my mom of being the kind of person who gives to other people while neglecting herself. She says our mother is always looking for other people’s problems to solve when we ourselves are still managing and we have no help from other people. When my sister is talking and my mom jokingly responds, my sister stops talking and cuts her off or sometimes with her a hears responds or sometimes just suddenly shut down and walk away. I feel sorry for my mo. I pray for peace and love in our home all the time.

What do you think I should do now?

its simple, pick up negatives thats are damaging to each other and present to them while you are heading the meeting, they way they might recognise things that they do and affect or annoye the other

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Discover Your Fiancee Has This Kind Of Past? / The Ultimate Price Of Marital Infidelity / Parenting And Drinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.