Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others (13334 Views)

FG Withdraws Power Of Attorney For 40% Shares In Discos From BPE / FG Withdraws Corruption Charges Against Ashinze, Sambo Dasuki’s Aides / FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by dre11(m): 9:19am On Apr 21, 2023
Barely two weeks after it instituted a legal action against the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Seplat Energy Plc, Mr. Roger Brown, as well as the oil firm for allegedly breaching the extant provisions of the Immigration Act, 2015, the federal government yesterday withdrew the suit.

In a corporate notice to the Nigerian Exchange Limited, Seplat stated that it had become aware of the notice of discontinuance of the legal action. The Notice of Withdrawal/Discontinuance of the suit was issued by the Director Legal Services of the Nigeria Immigration Service and stated in part that “the Claimant hereby discontinues all the proceedings in this charge against the above-named Defendants.”

Seplat said it would, “continue to engage with the Ministry of Interior to bring closure to the false allegations presented to the Ministry as a result of which the residency status of its Chief Executive Officer was withdrawn.”

The federal government had on April 6, dragged the CEO alongside the Board Chairman, Mr. Basil Omiyi, the Independent Non-Executive Directors (INED) Dr. Charles Okeahalam, Mrs. Bashirat Odunewu, Prof. Fabian Ajogwu, Mr. Rabiu Bello, Ms Emma Fitzgerald, and Company Secretary/Legal Counsel, Mrs. Edith Onwuchekwa to court for allowing Mr. Brown to accept employment as the CEO of Seplat Energy PLC without the statutory approval of the Controller-General of Immigration.

The defendants in the suit marked: FHC/AB/CR/149/2023 were in addition accused of conspiring among themselves to allow Brown take over business as CEO of Seplat Energy Plc without the consent of the Minister of Interior, allowing Mr. Roger Brown, a non-Nigerian to accept employment as CEO of Seplat after withdrawal of his visa, resident, and work permits, and for refusing to apply for the Comptroller-General of Immigration’s approval before employing Mr. Brown both as Chief Finance Officer and CEO, contrary to the provisions of the Immigration 2015.

Count one of the charge had read: “That you on or before March 9, 2023 at Seplat Energy PLC Head Office 16 A Temple Road Ikoyi Lagos, within the Jurisdiction of the Honourable Court, did conspire among yourselves to allow Mr Roger Brown accept employment as CEO at Seplat Energy PLC without the consent of the Comptroller General of Immigration, contrary to Section 36 (1)(a) and 71 of the Immigration Act 2015 and punishable under Section 36 (2) and Section 71 (a) of the Immigration Act 2015.

The federal government had on March 3, revoked the visa, Resident Permit, and Work Permit of Seplat’s CEO, Roger Brown, over alleged racist practices, discrimination against Nigerian employees at Seplat, favouring of expatriate workers, and breach of good governance codes.

The letter to Seplat entitled “Withdrawal of Work Permit, CERPAC, Visa/Residence Permit of Mr. Roger Thompson Brown – CEO, SEPLAT Energy PLC” also read in part: “Investigation and records in the Ministry also revealed that Mr. Roger Brown was in possession of CERPAC that was not based on validly issued Expatriate Quota approved by the Ministry of Interior resulting to the violation of relevant Immigration Laws and Regulations.

“As a result of these, the Honourable Minister has determined that Mr. Brown’s continued stay in Nigeria is contrary to national interest.“Consequently, the Ministry has withdrawn the Work Permit CERPAC, Visa, Residence Permit and all relevant documents that authorised Mr. Roger Thomson Brown’s entry or stay in Nigeria”.

However, in a swift reaction, Seplat Energy, in a statement signed by the Board Chairman, Mr. Basil Omiyi had stated: “On March 8, 2023, the Board of Seplat Energy unanimously passed a vote of confidence in Mr. Brown, who continues to discharge his duties and responsibilities as CEO from the Seplat UK office.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/04/21/in-new-twist-fg-withdraws-immigration-case-against-seplats-ceo-others/

Previous Post

FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism

Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism

2 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by otuomasirichi: 9:19am On Apr 21, 2023
😎

Prices of foodstuffs have skyrocketed since Buhari assumed office.

Buhari should return Nigeria Economy exactly the way he met it, when Goodluck Jonathan handed over to him or ☝️

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by slivertongue: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2023
Confused FG

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Eraser33(m): 10:01am On Apr 21, 2023
Buhari is a joke.

Nigeria has failed me and several other people. I saw myself through secondary to university education without help since I am a posthumous child. I studied hard to come out good despite hustling and schooling at same time. Sadly I ended up as a bricklayer. My children are starving now because I have not had any job in the last 5months or so. Where is death, I feel like am unuseful. I am tired of the world already. My cert is useless. If I knew, i wouldn't have wasted my time going to sch. How can my kids survive this hardship? Pls my people, help me pls

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Derrickfoster1: 10:03am On Apr 21, 2023
The man who prints Nigeria passport was involved in cocaine trafficking.

Nigeria is not real

Some dead brain support these top men without proper investigation

12 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by iCauseTrouble: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
Nigeria doesn't have respect for herself and her citizens cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by badBADbichh(f): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
a.k.a. money don exchange hands. Nor be 9ja wey we all sabi??

20 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Senkasa(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
Banana republic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Kitotech13ddf: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
Ok

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by AsomStructures: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Zico5(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
All we pray for is better Nigeria where everything will be easy for all. My joy is that Tinubu is not a failure and he will put in the right machinery to steer the country into glory. Step by step we shall get their.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2023
Anything is possible in APC

3 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by 1950Mack: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2023
grin awon werey tun ti gba bribe... dem don bribe dem again... Nigeria is for sale walahi tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Seyiemath(m): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2023
Alert received

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by hansomb: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
Something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by lexy2014: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
No wonder buhari fired the comptroller general of the NIS. Buhari feels that it's better to fire a govt official than offend a white man

3 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by SouthSouth1914: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
This government headed by Buhari is the most corrupt platform of governance on earth.

4 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
At the face of foreign bodies nigeria is totally weak. Buh the dss keep flexing there muscle on poor individuals who are so helpless here. Now where is the giant of africa,, shameless country.

4 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by KingLennon(m): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
When u hear something like this, just know that envelope has exchanged hands....

5 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by 1950Mack: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
Senkasa:
Banana republic

Banana still try, it's more like guguru and epa republic grin

3 Likes

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by greatiyk4u(m): 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2023
What happens to Ezugworie the Ag. CEO now?

Make them leave that man there oooo
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by hansomb: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Nigeria doesn't have respect for herself and her citizens cheesy
Who's the Nigeria
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Waakanda: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2023

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2023
Confused
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by GetSenseNow: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
Zico5:
All we pray for is better Nigeria where everything will be easy for all. My joy is that Tinubu is not a failure and he will put in the right machinery to steer the country into glory. Step by step we shall get their.
lolzzz....you guys make me laugh. Anyways, get ready for what's coming

1 Like

Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Dinik: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
undecided
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by oluwaseyi0: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
Confused FG
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by Ppogbae: 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2023
African men have no backbone grin
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by money121(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
Ok
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by bonnyhope: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
Dollar has exchanged hands
Re: Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others by mytime24(f): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
Naija no get president,

Wetin them get na presidency angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court bars Uche Secondus from participating in PDP NEC, BoT, Caucus meetings / Kogi Governor’s Aide Arrested Over Okene Killings – Police / President Buhari Blames Powerful Individuals For Herders And Farmers Clashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.