Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. (477 Views)

Free Moddroid Wordpress Theme V4.1 Download / Wordpress Developers Come In Lets Talk Deal / I'm Hiring Great Developers, Come Learn From A Master (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. by chukwuebuka65(m): 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
Do I need to know all these template tags or is it ok to know just the important ones?

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. by qtguru(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2023
chukwuebuka65:
Do I need to know all these template tags or is it ok to know just the important ones?

It's for reference, you will need some of them at certain point, just learn how to look them up vs trying to cram them all
Re: Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. by qtguru(m): 9:39am On Apr 22, 2023
Also you should know about the the-post method in WordPress, enqueing scripts for JS and how WordPress works with hooks and actions. There's a bit of callable functions used alot in WP for that
Re: Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2023
Get Udemy course or any course to guide yourself or end up in a rabbit hole. grin

Tomorrow you'd jump to plugins grin

After that you'd jump to using page builders grin

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. by qtguru(m): 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:
Get Udemy course or any course to guide yourself or end up in a rabbit hole. grin

True
Re: Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

Even if I don’t get a course, I am not the type that gets stuck in tutorial hell. Besides I rarely watch videos now, I have passed that stage, I read documentations.
Re: Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. by Edipet(m): 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
chukwuebuka65:

Even if I don’t get a course, I am not the type that gets stuck in tutorial hell. Besides I rarely watch videos now, I have passed that stage, I read documentations.
please where do you read your documentation
Re: Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. by bassdow: 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
chukwuebuka65:
You don't need them all. You only need the basic ones, then whatever extras would depend on your requirements.

If you not selling themes in a marketplace having requirements for 100% wordPress coding standards, I suggest you just try do normal PHP development. That way, you wouldn't need any of them at all.

ust write simple database class, with basic caching layer. Use that in communicating with the database. Afterall, at end of the day, all that's involved is GET, SET, manipulate and display records.

Should you happen to do such work regularly, you come up with a template of classes and functions and those should be all you need
Re: Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
bassdow:
You don't need them all. You only need the basic ones, then whatever extras would depend on your requirements.

If you not selling themes in a marketplace having requirements for 100% wordPress coding standards, I suggest you just try do normal PHP development. That way, you wouldn't need any of them at all.

ust write simple database class, with basic caching layer. Use that in communicating with the database. Afterall, at end of the day, all that's involved is GET, SET, manipulate and display records.

Should you happen to do such work regularly, you come up with a template of classes and functions and those should be all you need

Alright thanks

(1) (Reply)

Headset That Can Read Your Mind / We Do Mobile Application, Software, Desktop Application, Web App / Infinix S5 Lite X652b Official Stock Firmware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.