Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

M.i Wants To Quit Music For Acting - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.i Wants To Quit Music For Acting (969 Views)

Why My Uncle Ufforay Quit Music In 2003: For Upcoming Musicians Only / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs / World Breaking News: M.I Puts Music on Hold For Acting. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

M.i Wants To Quit Music For Acting by mashnino(m): 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
Reports coming in from Abuja has it that Mister Incredible, M.I, the premier artist of CHOCOLATE CITY MUSIC has thrown the record label into confusion by announcing that he wants to pursue a career in the movies.
“I think it’s about time for me to try something else and acting is something I’ve always had a passion for and I think it’s time for me to explore that area. I know my fans will love my new movie coming out and although this may not be final, I will no longer be doing music for the time being,” confirmed MI in a recent phone conversation.
As far-fetched as this may sound for a rapper who quickly rose to the top of Nigerian music scene with just one album in the space of one year, close sources to CHOCOLATE CITY MUSIC where he and his brother Jesse Jags and Ice Prince are signed on are saying that M.I actually put this request in writing. A call to Mr. Audu Maikori, the head honcho of the Abuja-based label, didn’t fully clear the air because while he didn’t outrightly dismiss the story he admitted that M.I has actually requested that the November release date for his sophomore album, M.I 2, be shifted indefinitely for the meantime. Further questions as to whether M.I would be fully quitting the label went unreplied.
M.I, who is said to have taken part in a film production, first came to limelight in 2008 with the release of his debut album, TALK ABOUT IT, has been on top of his game and emerged as arguably the best rapper in the country. He is also the highest ranking Nigerian rapper in the recently released MNET AFRICA list of the ten best African rappers. He is widely respected in the Nigerian music industry and legend has it that TALK ABOUT IT sold 30 000 copies in the first 30 minutes of its release in 2008. He has also won numerous awards with it.

SOURCE: http://www.nairation.com/discussion/22/jude-m.i.-abaga-wants-to-quit-music-for-acting

(1) (Reply)

[remix] Terry G Vs Dj White Remix – Lantazonto (drum Version) Dj White Remix / Music Producer ID Cabasa Ordained A Pastor / Www.naijalatext.com No.1 Gospel Musics Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.