Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi (61343 Views)

Husband Of A Pregnant Woman Hanged In Ekiti (Graphic Photos) / Lion Kills A 14-Year-Old Schoolboy In Benin Republic's Private Zoo (Graphic Phot / A Pregnant Woman Raped By Fulani Herdsmen Dies In Presence Of Ortom (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by OloyeVIII: 3:03am On Apr 22, 2023
HIP for the hip, for the hippo po, P O P O, for the hippopo and T A M U S, for tha hippopotamus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by LOVEGINO(m): 3:45am On Apr 22, 2023
shagasha:
Na the hippo wey kill the woman be this?
noooooo. Na him brother.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Bimbilla(m): 5:06am On Apr 22, 2023
NoFucksToGive:
How do they know it was a hippo that killed her?
I knew what you are thinking?
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by cejaypriesty(m): 5:23am On Apr 22, 2023
AchrafHakimi:
Nice.
Hyenas and vultures need food too.
Are you kidding? so you rather want a human to die all for the sake of feeding a beast right ?
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by MemoriesAndMe: 5:30am On Apr 22, 2023
ednut1:
we have in the north, there are elephants too in the forest. Hyena and lions. See soldiers killing a terrorist hippo last year

https://twitter.com/murtalaibin/status/1550840950666174464?s=46&t=6OZ_nbE1xwVeLo2T5RIeWw

Like in the zoo or in the forests as wildlife?
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:44am On Apr 22, 2023
Very unfortunate for her.May her soul rest in peace.
Hippos may look clumsy in appearance,but they are well known for their high level of aggression, and are one of Africa's deadliest animals.
Hippos are known to kill twice more people in Africa,than lions and Nile crocodiles put together.
Hippos are highly territorial and aggressive so,they don't tolerate intruders ,be it human or animal in their territory.
A hippo's most terrifying feature is its jaws with a metre wide fearsome gape, armed with huge canines.
A hippopotamus can bite a human or crocodile in half with its powerfully deadly jaws.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Uniqueteco77: 5:45am On Apr 22, 2023
chatinent:
The Benue river consumes more people per year than how birds pluck fishes from the river. And unfunnily enough, a friend from Wurukum told me it only takes non-indigenes. And this rumour is lowkey popular around that North Bank side and Wurukum area after the bridge. I lost a colleague to it too, and that was when other colleagues began to narrate their loss stories too, and stories they heard.

One story that transpired that very time I was there when my colleague drowned was that some other persons went there to swim and the river came out to the bank where they were and swallowed one of them. He wasn’t even swimming! It just came at him, held him as a friend would hug his longtime friend he’s just seen, and took him beneath.

Even though I don't generally believe in superstitions, I am aware that traditional powers are still practiced nowadays. And that juju exist. But this story? “I don’t believe it.” My uncertainties were put to rest when I witnessed firsthand the community's attempt to dispel the enigma behind the unending number of fatalities by calling upon the services of a native wizard.

This indigenous wizard dove into the water and transformed into a crocodile as he swam downstream. Omo, na so  I begin go house sharp sharp. I fess check my chamber for my body if anything miss cos I no come understand the touching touching body for the crowd. I dey form rugged then but e never reach wetin I see. The next information was that he had gone to visit the river goddess and all that.  What happened? The result was that in order to stop these deaths and to pacify her, sacrifices had to be made.

Even though I lived on property that bordered the river, you can take my word for it that I never in a million years went near it to swim, fish, paddle the canoe, or even wash, regardless of how intense the pressure from my peers was.

You can call me hydrophobic. You can also call me delusional. I don't care if you brand me a coward if it has anything to do with this issue; I'll attend the cowardice coronation with pride, palm wine, a male goat, and with my overworn isi agu.✌️

Are you a writer? You are damn good with words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by ElBenny(m): 6:15am On Apr 22, 2023
AchrafHakimi:
Nice.

This is Dark 💀 💀 💀
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Nwaotu10(m): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2023
Abi na hippoherdsman grin
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Superpower(m): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2023
Princeton92:

Thank you, God bless you cause I believe we both know Hippos are vegetarians so how come?
They only kill humans when they feel attacked/threatened
💡👌
This is a lie.Hipppos kill more humans yearly than lions and other big cats.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chocboi78(m): 7:09am On Apr 22, 2023
chatinent:
The Benue river consumes more people per year than how birds pluck fishes from the river. And unfunnily enough, a friend from Wurukum told me it only takes non-indigenes. And this rumour is lowkey popular around that North Bank side and Wurukum area after the bridge. I lost a colleague to it too, and that was when other colleagues began to narrate their loss stories too, and stories they heard.

One story that transpired that very time I was there when my colleague drowned was that some other persons went there to swim and the river came out to the bank where they were and swallowed one of them. He wasn’t even swimming! It just came at him, held him as a friend would hug his longtime friend he’s just seen, and took him beneath.

Even though I don't generally believe in superstitions, I am aware that traditional powers are still practiced nowadays. And that juju exist. But this story? “I don’t believe it.” My uncertainties were put to rest when I witnessed firsthand the community's attempt to dispel the enigma behind the unending number of fatalities by calling upon the services of a native wizard.

This indigenous wizard dove into the water and transformed into a crocodile as he swam downstream. Omo, na so  I begin go house sharp sharp. I fess check my chamber for my body if anything miss cos I no come understand the touching touching body for the crowd. I dey form rugged then but e never reach wetin I see. The next information was that he had gone to visit the river goddess and all that.  What happened? The result was that in order to stop these deaths and to pacify her, sacrifices had to be made.

Even though I lived on property that bordered the river, you can take my word for it that I never in a million years went near it to swim, fish, paddle the canoe, or even wash, regardless of how intense the pressure from my peers was.

You can call me hydrophobic. You can also call me delusional. I don't care if you brand me a coward if it has anything to do with this issue; I'll attend the cowardice coronation with pride, palm wine, a male goat, and with my overworn isi agu.✌️

you make a very good writer bro. Nice partition, use of diction, lingual expression And clarity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by hardbody: 7:16am On Apr 22, 2023
greenermodels:
Don't they eat Hippos there? Uncontrolled populations of wild animals would naturally lead to attacks on humans and the best way to control their populations is by hunting them for food.

They are protected by law like the ones in Katsina

2 Likes

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by ogaontop(m): 7:19am On Apr 22, 2023
chatinent:

Go and start writing stories, your talent is also there!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Jadeng: 7:21am On Apr 22, 2023
I know there are Hippos in that River, however, the story did not mention hippo attack as the headline said o..
Or are you trying to say the recovered body had been mutilated and hippo were suspected?
Crocs could have done that too.
May her soul and that of her unborn child find rest in the Hands of the Almighty.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by alizma: 7:24am On Apr 22, 2023
shagasha:
It is called file photo
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Felix6: 7:25am On Apr 22, 2023
shagasha:
No be am be this, that one Resemble ESCOBAT THE MANDATE ROGUE.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by matm: 7:51am On Apr 22, 2023
The hippo shld be hunted down and shot dead.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Josbreed: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2023
Una must get pishure for every post una post.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by DoxxAnon: 8:10am On Apr 22, 2023
mysticwarrior:
That hippopotamus should be hunted and killed.

And that will bring the woman back?

The hippo was only being a hippo; fiercely territorial and the boat with the woman unfortunately were in its habitat! Humans are not natural prey for hippos but if you find yourself in water filled with hippos; you’ll find out.

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Princeton92(m): 8:15am On Apr 22, 2023
Superpower:

If you read well and clearly you know what I mean. And we have many humans in water everyday right?
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by riverbird: 8:21am On Apr 22, 2023
Las las that hippo will end up in the stomach some day.....him don find trouble.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by GreyLaw(m): 8:22am On Apr 22, 2023
AchrafHakimi:
Nice.

You will go that way. You'll be food to birds of prey.

2 Likes

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by GreyLaw(m): 8:24am On Apr 22, 2023
Superpower:

Hippos don't eat flesh! They can kill and maul when you are in their territory. They even kill crocs but they don't eat them.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by delishpot: 8:38am On Apr 22, 2023
E be like Nigerians no dey eat hippo Sha.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by pocom16: 8:42am On Apr 22, 2023
Any news about benue... It is either someone died or Ortom is talking trash....spits

Rip anyways
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by SURElee(f): 8:50am On Apr 22, 2023
chatinent:

Guy, your own is good. Thank God you are alive to tell the story.
My childhood friend, never made it back alive. She schooled in Kogi state university, after exams she went home and returned back to school. Apparently she and her clique of friends and their boyfriends had planned a get together. She didn't tell her widower Dad she was done with exams in school, so she was allowed to go back.

Now they went for picnic to the Benue river, and that was where they all died. This was broadcast even by the news media years ago, I can't remember the year now again.

But you see, when I listened to the news I remember making snide remarks "who goes to venue river to swim or have picnic"?

Then in 2009, I was discussing with my colleagues at work about my childhood friend Titi and her family, when I mentioned her surname, my colleague looked at me, she couldn't believe I know the late Titi.

That was how I got to know she was amongst those students who drowned at the venue river years ago.

My advice has always been stay away from water. Whether you can swim or not. My hand no dey.

Anybody who calls you coward, never know anything. Things dey occur o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by eyinjuege: 9:11am On Apr 22, 2023
Hippos are very aggressive territorial water animals. Even crocodiles fear them and don't mess with them.
They may look cute and cuddly, but very dangerous.
R.I.P to the deceased

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by nathyx(m): 9:43am On Apr 22, 2023
Another Fake News.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Delightsome2023: 9:46am On Apr 22, 2023
donbenie:
You are the one encroaching on its habitat..
Keep off its territory and you will live to see another day..
It is that simple..
no worry, e go touch you soon
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Delightsome2023: 9:47am On Apr 22, 2023
tuzle:
they are very dangerous. A crush from a hippo and that is the end. They are also very aggressive and the worst is u can't outspace them with how fat they are they are also very fast
that their fastness In running still dey shock me
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Delightsome2023: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2023
eyinjuege:
Hippos are very aggressive territorial water animals. Even crocodiles fear them and don't mess with them.
They may look cute and cuddly, but very dangerous.
R.I.P to the deceased
you watch too much of natgeo wild
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Superpower(m): 9:53am On Apr 22, 2023
GreyLaw:

Hippos don't eat flesh! They can kill and maul when you are in their territory. They even kill crocs but they don't eat them.
I did not say they eat flesh. They are very territorial and aggressive to humans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tanzanian Thief Surrenders To Police As Stolen Bag 'Refuses To Leave His Head' / Fulani Man Escapes With Sharp Object In His Throat After Militia Attack (Graphic / Pictures Of Don Wanny, His Wife And Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.