Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi (61396 Views)

Husband Of A Pregnant Woman Hanged In Ekiti (Graphic Photos) / Lion Kills A 14-Year-Old Schoolboy In Benin Republic's Private Zoo (Graphic Phot / A Pregnant Woman Raped By Fulani Herdsmen Dies In Presence Of Ortom (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Dearlord(m): 10:07am On Apr 22, 2023
You all can see why we eat everything?

Even the Christian bible said that we should enjoy all the goodies Baba Jah has created that they are all good.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by nairamaniac: 10:11am On Apr 22, 2023
shagasha:
Na the hippo wey kill the woman be this?
I tire. Exactly what I said to myself when I saw this image.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Octopusssy(f): 10:17am On Apr 22, 2023
ArchiLimited:
Hippo or drowning which one?
The hippo attack is the remote cause while the drowning is the immediate cause of death
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Osashalom: 10:20am On Apr 22, 2023
donbenie:
You are the one encroaching on its habitat..
Keep off its territory and you will live to see another day..
It is that simple..
I am not surprised at your response
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by AchrafHakimi: 10:32am On Apr 22, 2023
GreyLaw:

You will go that way. You'll be food to birds of prey.

I wish same upon you and your entire extended family for the next three generations.

Any attempt to reverse this proclamation will result in your swift and unfortunate demise.

Amen.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by jimb(m): 10:33am On Apr 22, 2023
chatinent:
The Benue river consumes more people per year than how birds pluck fishes from the river. And unfunnily enough, a friend from Wurukum told me it only takes non-indigenes. And this rumour is lowkey popular around that North Bank side and Wurukum area after the bridge. I lost a colleague to it too, and that was when other colleagues began to narrate their loss stories too, and stories they heard.

One story that transpired that very time I was there when my colleague drowned was that some other persons went there to swim and the river came out to the bank where they were and swallowed one of them. He wasn’t even swimming! It just came at him, held him as a friend would hug his longtime friend he’s just seen, and took him beneath.

Even though I don't generally believe in superstitions, I am aware that traditional powers are still practiced nowadays. And that juju exist. But this story? “I don’t believe it.” My uncertainties were put to rest when I witnessed firsthand the community's attempt to dispel the enigma behind the unending number of fatalities by calling upon the services of a native wizard.

This indigenous wizard dove into the water and transformed into a crocodile as he swam downstream. Omo, na so  I begin go house sharp sharp. I fess check my chamber for my body if anything miss cos I no come understand the touching touching body for the crowd. I dey form rugged then but e never reach wetin I see. The next information was that he had gone to visit the river goddess and all that.  What happened? The result was that in order to stop these deaths and to pacify her, sacrifices had to be made.

Even though I lived on property that bordered the river, you can take my word for it that I never in a million years went near it to swim, fish, paddle the canoe, or even wash, regardless of how intense the pressure from my peers was.

You can call me hydrophobic. You can also call me delusional. I don't care if you brand me a coward if it has anything to do with this issue; I'll attend the cowardice coronation with pride, palm wine, a male goat, and with my overworn isi agu.✌️

u can write.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Blackdisciple(m): 10:40am On Apr 22, 2023
Lies , no pictures
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Christistruth03: 11:28am On Apr 22, 2023
NoFucksToGive:
How do they know it was a hippo that killed her?

River Benue is full of Hippos the Natives know what hit them
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chatinent: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2023
Eraser33:

Exactly. Pls reach out to me if u can. I need a help pls

What help please?
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chatinent: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2023
ogaontop:

Go and start writing stories, your talent is also there!

Writing sells with sponsorship, chief.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chatinent: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2023
chocboi78:
you make a very good writer bro. Nice partition, use of diction, lingual expression And clarity
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chatinent: 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2023
SURElee:
Guy, your own is good. Thank God you are alive to tell the story.
My childhood friend, never made it back alive. She schooled in Kogi state university, after exams she went home and returned back to school. Apparently she and her clique of friends and their boyfriends had planned a get together. She didn't tell her widower Dad she was done with exams in school, so she was allowed to go back.

Now they went for picnic to the Benue river, and that was where they all died. This was broadcast even by the news media years ago, I can't remember the year now again.

But you see, when I listened to the news I remember making snide remarks "who goes to venue river to swim or have picnic"?

Then in 2009, I was discussing with my colleagues at work about my childhood friend Titi and her family, when I mentioned her surname, my colleague looked at me, she couldn't believe I know the late Titi.

That was how I got to know she was amongst those students who drowned at the venue river years ago.

My advice has always been stay away from water. Whether you can swim or not. My hand no dey.

Anybody who calls you coward, never know anything. Things dey occur o!
So sorry for your loss, man.

1 Like

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chatinent: 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2023
SURElee:
Anybody who calls you coward, never know anything. Things dey occur o!

Oh, yeah, things dey happen. If you have any naval friend, intimate that person to a discussion concerning these issues. You'll be astonished.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chatinent: 12:58pm On Apr 22, 2023
Uniqueteco77:
Are you a writer? You are damn good with words

Yeah, I am a research writer. Thanks for the compliment.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by AfonjaPriest: 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2023
Like that cock sentenced to death on Good Friday, the hippopotamus should be arrested ASAP, prosecuted and sentenced to death.
What is done to the cock must be done to the hippopotamus. Period!
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by AfonjaPriest: 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2023
Like that cock sentenced to déath on Good Friday, the hippopotamus should be arrested ASAP, prosecuted and sentenced to deàth.
What is done to the cock must be done to the hippopotamus. Period!
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Eraser33(m): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2023
chatinent:

What help please?

Myself and two kids are starving sir. We are almost lifeless. I'm a bricklayer, but for over five months now, I've not had any job to do. Pls Sir, help my kids
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chatinent: 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2023
Eraser33:

Myself and two kids are starving sir. We are almost lifeless. I'm a bricklayer, but for over five months now, I've not had any job to do. Pls Sir, help my kids
Aren’t easy with me here of late too bro
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Eraser33(m): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2023
chatinent:

Aren’t easy with me here of late too bro

Even if it's a thousand naira pls
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Allwell96: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2023
shagasha:
Na the hippo wey kill the woman be this?
🤣🤣🤣
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Lovelydaisies: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2023
ImoleNaija:
If the hippo later gets caught & served in plates, the Animals' Right Activists would be shouting all over the thread. undecided

But did the ones they've been killing and celebrating on the forum (even the ones they don't know their names before roasting), do anything to be killed? smiley
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Tyjoelik(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hippo are a big enemies to crocodiles , I feel sorry for the victims. Because these boats are shaped like this boat , they see them as a threat. Hippo on second hand are very unpredictable animals which moods swings easily.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Tyjoelik(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
Tyjoelik:
Hippo are a big enemies to crocodiles , I feel sorry for the victims. Because these boats are shaped like crocodiles they see them as a threat. Hippo on second thought,are very unpredictable animals which moods swings easily.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chudez0147(m): 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2023
Dey play
chatinent:
The Benue river consumes more people per year than how birds pluck fishes from the river. And unfunnily enough, a friend from Wurukum told me it only takes non-indigenes. And this rumour is lowkey popular around that North Bank side and Wurukum area after the bridge. I lost a colleague to it too, and that was when other colleagues began to narrate their loss stories too, and stories they heard.

One story that transpired that very time I was there when my colleague drowned was that some other persons went there to swim and the river came out to the bank where they were and swallowed one of them. He wasn’t even swimming! It just came at him, held him as a friend would hug his longtime friend he’s just seen, and took him beneath.

Even though I don't generally believe in superstitions, I am aware that traditional powers are still practiced nowadays. And that juju exist. But this story? “I don’t believe it.” My uncertainties were put to rest when I witnessed firsthand the community's attempt to dispel the enigma behind the unending number of fatalities by calling upon the services of a native wizard.

This indigenous wizard dove into the water and transformed into a crocodile as he swam downstream. Omo, na so  I begin go house sharp sharp. I fess check my chamber for my body if anything miss cos I no come understand the touching touching body for the crowd. I dey form rugged then but e never reach wetin I see. The next information was that he had gone to visit the river goddess and all that.  What happened? The result was that in order to stop these deaths and to pacify her, sacrifices had to be made.

Even though I lived on property that bordered the river, you can take my word for it that I never in a million years went near it to swim, fish, paddle the canoe, or even wash, regardless of how intense the pressure from my peers was.

You can call me hydrophobic. You can also call me delusional. I don't care if you brand me a coward if it has anything to do with this issue; I'll attend the cowardice coronation with pride, palm wine, a male goat, and with my overworn isi agu.✌️

Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by Uniqueteco77: 7:14am On Apr 23, 2023
chatinent:

Yeah, I am a research writer. Thanks for the compliment.
it's my pleasure boss
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by SURElee(f): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2023
chatinent:

Oh, yeah, things dey happen. If you have any naval friend, intimate that person to a discussion concerning these issues. You'll be astonished.

I had a friend in the Navy, he drowned in Lagos. Not a story I always want to remember. God rest his soul.
Re: Hippopotamus Kills A Pregnant Woman In Makurdi by chatinent: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
SURElee:

I had a friend in the Navy, he drowned in Lagos. Not a story I always want to remember. God rest his soul.
Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Mom & Dad, Please Forgive Me – 19 Year Old Cultist [photo] / Woman Brutalized By Her Husband In Ondo, Lands In Hospital (Disturbing Photos) / Katherine Isaiah Missing For A Week, Left Home To Visit Her Boyfriend In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.