Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) (74874 Views)

Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by sixtuso(m): 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2023
Zonefree:

The only thing we produce is corruption. Can the containers be filled with corruption
This guy your really funny Hunestley
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by PoliteActivist: 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2023
sixtuso:
This guy your really funny Hunestley

Funny how? What do you mean he's funny? Funny how??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfcy15ZUE2c
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by ComeToJesus: 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2023
Those empty containers are Buhari's legacy after 8 years.

Such a shame. Worst president in history.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by FireUpNow(m): 4:19am On Apr 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You right.
Naija by far na the chief exporter of scammers! (I said exporter o)
It's very sad indeed. Most white people outside the country once anyone introduces himself or herself as a Nigerian, the first thing they thinkis all Nigerians are fraudster!
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by kizaronto: 6:25am On Apr 22, 2023
ppppppppppppppppppppp
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Basic123: 6:47am On Apr 22, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Ignorance is bliss. You belong in the circus šŸ¤”
šŸ˜† ..offcourse to fools and unintelligents
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by PoliteActivist: 7:28am On Apr 22, 2023
FireUpNow:
It's very sad indeed. Most white people outside the country once anyone introduces himself or herself as a Nigerian, the first thing they thinkis all Nigerians are fraudster!

Once they hear Nigeria, their instinctive reaction is embarrassing: they'd hold tighter to their bag, check their phone that it's still there... cheesy
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Babastrong(m): 7:33am On Apr 22, 2023
[quote author=aariwa post=122658358]We are not producing and the reason the thieves that held Nigeria down are fighting Obi who wanted to restore dignity of Nigeria as a country [ The sane nigerians knew the mission of YES DADDY. Even God himself knows Obi's evil missions. The reason he failed woefully. Darkness cannot prevail over light.]
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Dotman2210(m): 7:43am On Apr 22, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

I work in the transport and logistics firm. And I can tell you for free that it is normal for empty containers to leave the country. Millions of containers are however, are held in China waiting to be loaded as import has reduced drastically. Many shipping companies have reduced their rates due to lower patronage. Investors are still skeptical about the new government. We should expect more imports from May-August. Usually, a single government policy can change everything. It can make one lose billions or gain same vice- versa. There was a time someone had twenty units of 40' containers coming into the country just for the FG to ban importation of rice.

On a flip side, if we have a very robust agricultural and mechanised economy, the empty containers ought to be export-laden containers instead of going empty.

Interesting read, very valid points you raised.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by jahsharon: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2023
maleekberry:
We don't produce anything,ours is just to import and consume.

On a normal day those containers are supposed to be filled up with what we produce but the reverse is the case.

Check well, there are drugs in some of those containers being exported by the Flat headed developers.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by crowther15(m): 8:05am On Apr 22, 2023
ALISMILE:
That is how he would have been urging farmers as president. Obi is just fooling you guys, he has absolutely nothing to offer. If he had anything to offer where are the footprints he left as Anambra gov. Why arenā€™t Anambra farmers leading in agricultural production and exports today? Aside Obiā€™s establishment of heroes beer and saving Anambra state money in his personal bank, Iā€™m yet to see any footprints of his achievement.
The bile in you wouldn't have allowed you to open the link and read. I know nothing could change the mind of people like you. Obi empowered them with necessary funding and training they needed.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by kelly72: 8:17am On Apr 22, 2023
All Buhari has to export is electoral criminality.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Ofemmanu1: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

I work in the transport and logistics firm. And I can tell you for free that it is normal for empty containers to leave the country. Millions of containers are however, are held in China waiting to be loaded as import has reduced drastically. Many shipping companies have reduced their rates due to lower patronage. Investors are still skeptical about the new government. We should expect more imports from May-August. Usually, a single government policy can change everything. It can make one lose billions or gain same vice- versa. There was a time someone had twenty units of 40' containers coming into the country just for the FG to ban importation of rice.

On a flip side, if we have a very robust agricultural and mechanised economy, the empty containers ought to be export-laden containers instead of going empty.

Oga FM, my name is Femi too and I'm working with Dangote Transports and Logistics.
Over the years things have become to tight cos the salary level of 5yrs ago is not worth anything today.
I need a new job pls.
Do not hesitate to notify me if there's opening.

Thanks in advance sir.

1 Like

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by netmillionaires(m): 8:25am On Apr 22, 2023
I just learn to ignore the rants of these people called Obidients. It shows they are either gullible or hypocrites. Obi was governor for 8 years under APGA, and also an economic adviser under Jonathan. All these while, he didn't think to go understudy how Egypt generates electricity. He had to do that pre-campaign nor did he turn Anambra from consumption to production. He is now saying nonsense up and down doing character cleanup pre-campaign to deceive the people.

A wise and sincere person would have waited until he is the president-elect before doing all those in order not to waste resources should he not be elected, and to hit the ground running after being sworn in. Doing it before campaign shows it is all campaign gimmicks to deceive the masses.

I am not expecting much from other politicians also. But allowing someone to scam me to become the president is a no-no. You can say I AM NOT PERFECT BUT I WILL DO MY BEST and I will take you serious. But coming with I AM A SAINT WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS EVIL is nothing but a scam.

kpompey:

Did you ask Obi about his source of wealth aside drug? Obi is one of those who drained Nigeria economy through importation and not exportation.Easier said than done.Nigerians rejected Peter Obiscam

1 Like

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Femmyfamous4u(m): 8:29am On Apr 22, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Oga FM, my name is Femi too and I'm working with Dangote Transports and Logistics.
Over the years things have become to tight cos the salary level of 5yrs ago is not worth anything today.
I need a new job pls.
Do not hesitate to notify me if there's opening.

Thanks in advance sir.

This is not the best time for firms in the logistics industry. Volumes of activities are on the nosedive. We just lost the services of three shipping companies in my firm.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Ofemmanu1: 8:35am On Apr 22, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

This is not the best time for firms in the logistics industry. Volumes of activities are on the nosedive. We just lost the services of three shipping companies in my firm.

Ohh my..

It's everywhere tho, even Dangote is planning to take some drastic measures where the staffing will be at the receiving end.
May God help our Generation.

There is Hope.

1 Like

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Bishop4real: 8:40am On Apr 22, 2023
arejibadz:
obi said consumption to production

Yet is one of the highest importers of foreign goods. Hypocrisy to the core!
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Bishop4real: 8:40am On Apr 22, 2023
arejibadz:
obi said consumption to production

Yet he is one of the highest importers of foreign goods. Hypocrisy to the core!
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Kobicove(m): 8:41am On Apr 22, 2023
lereinter:

Instead of you to say Politicians or very rich nigerians you saying nigerians

How many nigerians living around you have you seen purchasing or selling the foreign versions of the produce you mentioned.

Mtchew

You don't have to be a politician to be able to afford a bag of foreign rice or imported cornflakes, I am not a politician but I and most of my friends can afford to buy imported goods; instead I buy Nigerian versions where available so as to help keep Nigerian factories open and help our economy.

The supermarkets in my neighborhood stock imported items and people who live around me buy them; to the best of my knowledge there is no big time politicians living there.

It is not my fault if you have poverty mentality by believing that one must be a politician in Nigeria before one can be comfortable!
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by GudLion(m): 8:42am On Apr 22, 2023
Picture another year of renewed hopelessness!!!!
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Pootle: 8:42am On Apr 22, 2023
passed by this vessel as its unload its cargo
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by lereinter(m): 9:21am On Apr 22, 2023
Kobicove:

You don't have to be a politician to be able to afford a bag of foreign rice or imported cornflakes, I am not a politician but I and most of my friends can afford to buy imported goods; instead I buy Nigerian versions where available so as to help keep Nigerian factories open and help our economy.

The supermarkets in my neighborhood stock imported items and people who live around me buy them; to the best of my knowledge there is no big time politicians living there.

It is not my fault if you have poverty mentality by believing that one must be a politician in Nigeria before one can be comfortable!

abi
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Litmus: 9:42am On Apr 22, 2023
Zonefree:

The only thing we produce is corruption. Can the containers be filled with corruption

We also produce millions of people that call piggy banks JuJu. Such people are majority of voters, they are the ones thar cry out corruption and point fingers at politicians. People that also point fingers at and kill owners of piggy banks, labeling them witch. How can anyone who does not believe piggy banks are JuJu trust the views of such masses?

I do not trust white people's assesment of Nigerians nor can I trust the views of the Nigeria masses. They aren't sophisticated enough to vote objectively nor sophisticated enough to know if politicians are really as corrupt as they believe or if something else is going on....
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by ALISMILE(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2023
crowther15:

The bile in you wouldn't have allowed you to open the link and read. I know nothing could change the mind of people like you. Obi empowered them with necessary funding and training they needed.
My point is that why is Anambra the center of agricultural exports in Nigeria today? Just like his investment in one useless alcoholic company amounts to next to nothing today according to Soludo, same way his all the various investments he did.
Thank God that mediocre lost and came 3rd in the last election. He would have taken this country backwards
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Invitationn: 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2023
aariwa:
what enabling environment is there in Nigeria not to import? Without importation that filled in that gap by now hunger would have pushed you to go and kill your parents and eat them..or you thought manna( those things you use now) fall from heaven?
You missed the point because you are too emotional and too excited to reply.

The point is not about whether or not he(Obi) or any other person is importing. Even nations like China imports.
The point is, a chief importer of finished goods from China is the last person to convince us about moving us ā€œfrom consumption to productionā€ because heā€™s doing exactly the opposite of what he says heā€™ll do.
Itā€™s utterly absurd!
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by PotatoSalad(m): 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2023
ALISMILE:
Iā€™m sure we shall see 100%

https://www.nairaland.com/7662318/tinubu-not-sickbed-orji-kalu

It's already happening and the game is yet to start.
Your president elect can't even address Nigerians and clear any doubts.
Spokespersons are now doing his job.
Oya continue jubilating lmao
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by aariwa(m): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2023
[quote author=Babastrong post=122670075][/quote] he is far better than the senile omoale drug daddy . Peter Obi remains my president elect. Yoruba Muslims are not destined to rule Nigeria
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by ALISMILE(m): 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2023
PotatoSalad:

https://www.nairaland.com/7662318/tinubu-not-sickbed-orji-kalu

It's already happening and the game is yet to start.
Your president elect can't even address Nigerians and clear any doubts.
Spokespersons are now doing his job.
Oya continue jubilating lmao
Tinubu understands that he has to allow PMB to serve out his term, as such he knows itā€™s not healthy for him to be interfering. That aside Tinubu is working out strategies to hit the ground running immediately after swearing in. We have gone past campaign times, now is not the time to be addressing media or Nigerians or appearing in public for unnecessary show to convince members of the headless mob about anything
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by aariwa(m): 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2023
Invitationn:

You missed the point because you are too emotional and too excited to reply.

The point is not about whether or not he(Obi) or any other person is importing. Even nations like China imports.
The point is, a chief importer of finished goods from China is the last person to convince us about moving us ā€œfrom consumption to productionā€ because heā€™s doing exactly the opposite of what he says heā€™ll do.
Itā€™s utterly absurd!
so you prefer not mention government that failed to create an enabling environment for production to thrive but prefer to blame importers filling the gap with an alternative. Tomorrow you will also blame people digging boreholes for not waiting for government to provide tap water? FYI PO as government made it compulsory for all tiers of government to use innoson vehicles and Leo Stan ekeh supplied all the computers that was used schools and all tiers of government in Obi 8 years and he paid off all which created jobs for thousands of people. In buhari convoy of thousands of vehicles are all produced by Mercedes creating jobs for Germans with Nigeria tax payers money while tinubu hundreds of Toyota convoy creates jobs for car makers in Japan while his people wallow in poverty. Are you Ok?With this your mindset itā€™s not difficult to see why most of you wallow in generational poverty. My 5 year old saw what you typed and was laughing.,.please stop quoting me with this your set back Agbado brain because itā€™s a distraction and I wonā€™t read itā€¦spits
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by aklid(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2023
Letā€™s just blame ourselvesā€¦.no body want to produce, talkless of export..we are our worst problems ..someone with money to make a company producing something in the country and help make jobs will rather importā€¦
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by PotatoSalad(m): 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2023
ALISMILE:
Tinubu understands that he has to allow PMB to serve out his term, as such he knows itā€™s not healthy for him to be interfering. That aside Tinubu is working out strategies to hit the ground running immediately after swearing in. We have gone past campaign times, now is not the time to be addressing media or Nigerians or appearing in public for unnecessary show to convince members of the headless mob about anything
Wake up to reality bro šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by ALISMILE(m): 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Wake up to reality bro šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
It is you who was expecting president elect Tinubu to be parading himself at invents and gatherings that needs to wake up to reality

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Moving Filling Station In Dubai Shocks Nigerian Man (Pix, Video) / Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) / Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.