Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) (32378 Views)

Lagos-New York Flight Price Throwback: This Was Nigeria. What Do You Think Now? / 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / How Much Is Flight From Abuja To Enugu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by qwertyuioplm: 9:55am On Jul 21, 2023
What's the cause of this why is Nigeria own higher than others,were we not paying subsidy for Benin?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by Phranx1: 9:58am On Jul 21, 2023
🤣🤣🤣 Japaism naim do us

26 Likes

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by Kollyman: 10:02am On Jul 21, 2023
grin angry sad
Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by Day169: 10:18am On Jul 21, 2023
qwertyuioplm:
What's the cause of this why is Nigeria own higher than others,were we not paying subsidy for Benin?
.. it's largely a lack of patriotism that's responsible for this in my opinion.
Poor leadership with selfish and greedy interests from people in positions of power, and poor "followership" where the users feel they have no choice but to continue to live their lives, whatever the cost.
The slang now is "it shall favour me and my family"!

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by XerXers: 10:21am On Jul 21, 2023
Higher taxation in Nigeria

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by LikeAking: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2023
Na to go tru Cotuno na..

We can see the west intentionally hate us.

Na only the Chinese dey fair to us, although their short man character is a turn off.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by LikeAking: 10:25am On Jul 21, 2023
XerXers:
Higher taxation in Nigeria

Are u sure?

They are taking advantage of us.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by qwertyuioplm: 10:27am On Jul 21, 2023
LikeAking:

Are u sure?

They are taking advantage of us.

Omo wondering cause it's the same benin that was crying because of the increase in price of fuel

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by ednut1(m): 10:45am On Jul 21, 2023
qwertyuioplm:
demand in Nigeria is not the same as in Benin. Taxes in benin are not same in Nigeria. Airlines also have their funds trapped in Nigeria and the cbn has been unable to give them dollars.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by SouthSultan(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
A lot of people travel for vacation this summer period. But if you think otherwise, OYO
Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by LikeAking: 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2023
qwertyuioplm:
Omo wondering cause it's the same benin that was crying because of the increase in price of fuel

They are taking advantage of us..

The whites are not our friends.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by LikeAking: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
ednut1:
demand in Nigeria is not the same as in Benin. Taxes in benin are not same in Nigeria. Airlines also have their funds trapped in Nigeria and the cbn has been unable to give them dollars.

I think you are wrong..

This industry is mainly about demand and supply, and some times distance..

Even if demand will push a price up it shouldn't be over 400% and it should return back to the normal price when the demand is low..

But this one is diff..

Imagine say Lagos to Onistha cost pass, may be from Kastina to PH.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by ednut1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2023
LikeAking:

I think you are wrong..

This industry is not about demand and supply, na distance..

have you bought international flight tickets before Who dey talk of local flights here ImNigeria to Canada currently is very high because its summer and people are travelling alot at this time. When its winter the fares become cheap because there is less demand for it. When my siblings went to uk in January it was very expensive because many people were also heading to the Uk to resume school. Dont come here to say what you know nothing about

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by LikeAking: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
ednut1:
have you bought international flight tickets before Who dey talk of local flights here ImNigeria to Canada currently is very high because its summer and people are travelling alot at this time. When its winter the fares become cheap because there is less demand for it. When my siblings went to uk in January it was very expensive because many people were also heading to the Uk to resume school. Dont come here to say what you know nothing about

Forget argument..

Compare $450 to $2550, isn't the diff too much..
Is that normal to you?

Is that diff cos of demand?

It's too much...

We are just been exploited.

I understand what you mean, but the increase is beyond demand..

If it's demand then the price most return to normal when the demand is low..

But I doubt it will ever return to previous prices.

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by Originalsly: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2023
LikeAking:

I think you are wrong..

This industry is not about demand and supply, na distance..

Not sure. ... but isn't the distance between Lagos and New York the same in December and February? If yes... then why the big difference in ticket price in December and February?

Ticket price has a lot to do with supply and demand.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by ednut1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2023
LikeAking:

Forget argument..

Compare $450 to $2550, isn't the diff too much..
Is that normal to you?

Is that diff cos of demand?

It's too much...

We are just been exploited.

I understand what you mean, but the increase is beyond demand..

Ethiopian air in Nigeria and Cotonou any much difference Air maroc and turkey airlines dont have slots in Nigeria for same date because it has been sold out. So if 2 or 3 people cancel their air maroc or Turkey airline ticket. Will they sell it for cheap when there is demand. Abeg make una dey rest, many of these posts on social media are for agenda abeg. You can check wakanow.com or skyscanner yourself

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by LikeAking: 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
Originalsly:

Not sure. ... but isn't the distance between Lagos and New York the same in December and February? If yes... then why the big difference in ticket price in December and February?

Ok.

But will the same demand result to x400% increase in the UK and the USA.

My point is, the price increase is abnormal and the whole demand thing may be an excuse to exploit us.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by LikeAking: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
ednut1:
Ethiopian air in Nigeria and Cotonou any much difference Air maroc and turkey airlines dont have slots in Nigeria for same date because it has been sold out. So if 2 or 3 people cancel their air maroc or Turkey airline ticket. Will they sell it for cheap when there is demand. Abeg make una dey rest, many of these posts on social media are for agenda abeg. You can check wakanow.com or sky’s and yourself

Ok.
Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2023
You day ask us?
Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by nony43(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2023
Simple . Lack of Foreign policy. These airline had complained of not getting dollars, and thirdly if Nigerian air was working the competition would have pushed down the price. Take for example when Air peace started flying Dubai , Emirates pushed down their price. But no. Buhari and his gang of thieves scammed us.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by Farid24224(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
My Sister just got back from Qatar to Kano... Its so suffocating walla...
Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by Emilianorora(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
It's crazy
Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by raskymonojendor: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
It's demand and supply. Almost everywhere in the world where there is a lot of travelling, the airline's would adjust their prices accordingly. As Covid went away, people.just went crazy with travel plans.

I do alot of traveling across and from various countries. I just paid almost $6,000 for 4 tickets last sunday and it was even a steal of a deal.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by saphiere(f): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
It is because Nigeria is the giant of Africa

1 Like

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by xristos(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
I think the foreign economies are also taking advantage of the spending power of Nigerians

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by pol23: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
They said the problem basically is Jet A1 fuel.
This problem has been lingering for a while.
Suddenly government comot subsidy for aviation fuel.
Europe wey dey even import oil has cheaper flight.
Return Flight from london to Paris cost about £85-£130
If you decide to fly Ryana air it’d be between £40-60
And Lagos to Abuja return ticket be like £200-£300
How do we expect aviation industry to grow with this outrageous price.
Government selling expensive aviation fuel.
Government collecting heavy tax.
I heard cost of parking flight in Nigeria is the most expensive in the world (don’t know how true)
And then to help aviation industry with a genuine interest to fix things, APC government staged Nigeria air, wasted billions on it from the design of the logo to different bouquets party to renting and painting a different carrier…. How else can you define a deceitful and disrespectful government.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by pol23: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Naija for show.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by FalseProphet1(m): 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Please I'm reading. When I'm done, I'll prophesy.

This I have seen.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by Kukutente23: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Let the rich breathe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) by raskymonojendor: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
Originalsly:

Gbam.

Nigerians travel alot. As in alot. Everyday, the MMIA in Ikeja is always like Oshodi market of the 1990s.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu State Re-Opens Nike Lake Resort / Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) / Fatal Accident At Ehor, Edo State, Driver Burnt To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.