Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

He Called Them Gods To Whom The Word Came - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Called Them Gods To Whom The Word Came (191 Views)

He Called Them To Repentance. / No Man Of God Was Called By God To Preach Prosperity, Mammon Called Them / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Called Them Gods To Whom The Word Came by Kei144(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ps. 82:1 God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the “gods”.

Ps. 82:6 “I said, `You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’
Ps. 82:7 But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler.”

Jn. 10:31 Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him,
Jn. 10:32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
Jn. 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
Jn. 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, `I have said you are gods’?
Jn. 10:35 If he called them `gods’, to whom the word of God came — and the Scripture cannot be broken —
Jn. 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, `I am God’s Son’?
Jn. 10:37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.
Jn. 10:38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

Ep. 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy
Spirit,
Ep. 1:14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession — to the praise of his glory.

Anyone who heard the gospel of salvation and believed and then was baptized into Jesus Christ in water and in the Spirit, is a god, a son of God, a ruler. The big problem is that most sons of God do not live up to their potential and die like mere men. Why?

Ho. 4:6a My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: He Called Them Gods To Whom The Word Came by Kei144(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2023
They can become like Jesus Christ

Lk. 3:38 The son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

Ro. 5:14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.

1Co. 15:45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; [Gen. 2:7] the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

The first man Adam became a son of God when God breathed into him the breath of life (the Holy Spirit)—Ge. 2:7. Adam went against the word of God that came to him and death began to reign over him and his descendants.

The first man Adam was a pattern of the last Adam (Jesus Christ) who was to come. God brought the last Adam into the world and at about the age of thirty, God breathed into him the breath of life (Mt. 3:16). He thus became a son of God. Satan tempted him to go against God’s word, but he never yielded to the temptation.

Col. 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him.

God raised Jesus Christ above the level at which Adam operated as a son of God by making the fullness of His Holy Spirit to dwell in him, because he never went against the word of God, even as Satan tempted him. He redeemed us, descendants of the first Adam, from sin with his blood. Anyone who hears and believes the gospel of Jesus Christ and is baptized into Jesus Christ in water and in the Spirit (Jn. 3:5) becomes a son of God. The person has risen back to where our foremost father Adam was before the fall of man. The difference though is that the new son of God is still bearing the sinful nature.

Ro. 8:6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;
Ro. 8:7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.
Ro. 8:8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

God can never be pleased to have all His fullness dwell in a son of God with sinful nature. In order for God to be pleased to have all His fullness dwell in a son that is a descendant of the first Adam, the mind of that son must no longer be controlled by the sinful nature, but rather by the Holy Spirit. How does such a son of God make the transition from living according to the sinful nature to living in accordance with the Holy Spirit?

Ez. 36:25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.
Ez. 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
Ez. 36:27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

In Ez. 36:25-27, God says that He is the one who will remove the sinful nature from His son and then put in His son the fullness of His Spirit. Does this apply to every son of God or is there something a son of God must do in order to provoke God to fulfill Ez. 36:25-27 in his life?

Ep. 5:26 To make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word.

Ep. 5:26 says that God makes a son holy by the washing with water (Ez. 5:25) through the word. “Through the word” is where the son of God participates in the process of removing the sinful nature and replacing with Holy Spirit control.

We must not forget that the first Adam acquired the sinful nature through a disregard for the word of God. Incidentally, the way to remove the sinful nature is through constantly holding on to God’s word.

Jo. 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Is. 55:10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
Is. 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it

Jn. 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

The best way to hold on to God’s word is to regularly return God’s word to Him. As a son of God returns God’s word to Him, the word is being fulfilled in his life. In Jn. 3:34 Jesus says that as a son of God speaks God’s words, God increases the measure of the Holy Spirit in him. Increase in the measure of the Holy Spirit decreases the measure of the sinful nature.
Re: He Called Them Gods To Whom The Word Came by Kei144(m): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
Example of returning God’s words to Him

Mt. 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Lk. 10:27 He answered: “`Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, `Love your neighbor as yourself.’“

By your grace, Holy Father God Almighty, I shall be perfect, even as you, our heavenly father are perfect. In the name of Jesus Christ.

By your grace, Glorious Father God, I will always love you with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind and with all my strength. I shall love my neighbor as I love myself. In the name of Jesus Christ.

The above example shows two words that God gave to us through Jesus Christ and how I return those words to God. I speak this kind of word of faith every morning and evening. As I continually return God’s words to Him, I see my heart becoming cleaner and cleaner. God’s righteousness is increasing in me. I believe that in the near future, God will be pleased to have all His fullness dwell in me and I will become like Jesus Christ.

1Jn. 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn. 3:3 Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

1 Like

Re: He Called Them Gods To Whom The Word Came by TradingGod: 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Kei144:
Example of returning God’s words to Him

Mt. 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Lk. 10:27 He answered: “`Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, `Love your neighbor as yourself.’“

By your grace, Holy Father God Almighty, I shall be perfect, even as you, our heavenly father are perfect. In the name of Jesus Christ.

By your grace, Glorious Father God, I will always love you with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind and with all my strength. I shall love my neighbor as I love myself. In the name of Jesus Christ.

The above example shows two words that God gave to us through Jesus Christ and how I return those words to God. I speak this kind of word of faith every morning and evening. As I continually return God’s words to Him, I see my heart becoming cleaner and cleaner. God’s righteousness is increasing in me. I believe that in the near future, God will be pleased to have all His fullness dwell in me and I will become like Jesus Christ.

1Jn. 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn. 3:3 Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.
Good read but...
You don't seek Perfection as a Child of God

The Holy Spirit is perfect and the Holy Spirit lives inside of you, that makes you perfect also

As a Christian you don't seek perfection because Lord Jesus Christ has attained Perfection for us, all we need to do is to give Him our imperfect nature and accept his perfect nature that He Gave to us freely after defeating sin and death.

Now we can boldy live our life in triumph knowing the finished work of Christ brought us back into a Holy Matrimony with the Father there by making us to be as perfect as God Almighty

Now the only thing God want from us is to consistently Give Him All the Glory all the Time
Because Giving God the Glory is the perfect wisdom that will bring the necessary change we want in our lives and we have this glory to give and we must give it to God Almighty at all times because that is the primary Work of every man on earth and the Holy Spirit is present to help us with this work at all times.

Edited
This is because when you give to God your glory, God inexchange will Give you His Glory and God Glory is enough to make you very successful here on earth
Re: He Called Them Gods To Whom The Word Came by Ashez: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
Nice
Re: He Called Them Gods To Whom The Word Came by Kei144(m): 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2023
TradingGod:

Good read but...
You don't seek Perfection as a Child of God

The Holy Spirit is perfect and the Holy Spirit lives inside of you, that makes you perfect also

As a Christian you don't seek perfection because Lord Jesus Christ has attained Perfection for us, all we need to do is to give Him our imperfect nature and accept his perfect nature that He Gave to us freely after defeating sin and death.

Now we can boldy live our life in triumph knowing the finished work of Christ brought us back into a Holy Matrimony with the Father there by making us to be as perfect as God Almighty

Now the only thing God want from us is to consistently Give Him All the Glory all the Time
Because Giving God the Glory is the perfect wisdom that will bring the necessary change we want in our lives and we have this glory to give and we must give it to God Almighty at all times because that is the primary Work of every man on earth and the Holy Spirit is present to help us with this work at all times.

Edited
This is because when you give to God your glory, God inexchange will Give you His Glory and God Glory is enough to make you very successful here on earth

Ph. 3:10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him
in his death,
Ph. 3:11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Ph. 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which
Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Ph. 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining
towards what is ahead,
Ph. 3:14 I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus.
Ph. 3:15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.

Apostle Paul sought for perfection. The way to perfection was not clearly revealed to him, because it was reserved for the end times. We are the end time generation, the generation that will see the rapture. Only perfect Christians will make the rapture. Many Christians will miss the rapture because of wrong doctrines. No doctrine of any church of today can lead anyone to perfection, and hence the rapture.

I belong in the woman of Revelation 12--the 144,000 Israelites. We will raise up the manchild of Re. 12:5; perfect Christians who will be snatched up to heaven in the rapture. I challenge you to practice returning God's word to Him as I have described in the example in this thread. Practice it at least two times every day and see if the righteousness of God will not visibly start increasing in you. It is very much like natural science. Do the experiment and see the outcome.

(1) (Reply)

Best place for Group Prayer Retreat Camp - Group Prayer Camp in Nigeria / Is There Anything In The Old Testament / What Will Happen If I Don't??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.