Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Wahala Pro Max - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wahala Pro Max (720 Views)

How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic / Toyota Camry Pencil Light Transmission Wahala. / Benz Wahala. Advice Me Before Village People Rejoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wahala Pro Max by osundu(m): 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
Early this year, i bought a toyota highlander 3mz engine but later discovered that the tappets are making noise. I gave the vehicle to a mechanic to change parts causing the noise. He made it worse. After his work, the vehicle have a hard start, the rev goes up and down, to moves at about 300 metre and stop firing. I scan the vehicle and it was crankshaft position sensor, bank 1. My mechanic is still not convince. Please what do I do.
Re: Wahala Pro Max by Angrygoat: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2023
Crank position sensor one. Yay. See just close eye,sell the engine. If u want confirm engine,sor leh(freshly imported,1 month of importation,put am for ground) I can epp u. But u see,once naija mechanic open your engine. Forget. Oti lor.
If na top cover seal rubber replacement na small tin,but u see inside engine. Na na na. Forget

1 Like

Re: Wahala Pro Max by homeboy205: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
He didn’t set the timing very well…

I changed my water pump in my Lexus es 330, 3MZ engine and the person that did the job didn’t set the timing very well. It bring out the same code but I don’t have those symptoms…

The water pump eventually failed after 3 months and I had to order an iron impeller from China my self. Happens that the plastic water pump I just bought 3 months ago had broken in the housing already.

The new mechanic that install the new water pump called my attention to the timing missing by 1 teeth. He fixed it and after starting the car, code went away itself…

So for that particular code, it’s timing… I don’t know about anything else

1 Like

Re: Wahala Pro Max by osundu(m): 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
Thank you, I appreciate.
Re: Wahala Pro Max by Oracleee: 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
osundu:
Early this year, i bought a toyota highlander 3mz engine but later discovered that the tappets are making noise. I gave the vehicle to a mechanic to change parts causing the noise. He made it worse. After his work, the vehicle have a hard start, the rev goes up and down, to moves at about 300 metre and stop firing. I scan the vehicle and it was crankshaft position sensor, bank 1. My mechanic is still not convince. Please what do I do.

Should be camshaft position sensor not crankshaft. It's timing related. Get a professional In that aspect to recheck the timing. Camshaft and crankshafts are two different things.

1 Like

Re: Wahala Pro Max by Oracleee: 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2023
osundu:

From the Rev sef it's obvious Camshaft position sensor. Tell your mechanic to check the timing.

1 Like

Re: Wahala Pro Max by osundu(m): 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2023
Oracleee:

Should be camshaft position sensor not crankshaft. It's timing related. Get a professional In that aspect to recheck the timing. Camshaft and crankshafts are two different things.

Oh thank you.
Re: Wahala Pro Max by chukel(m): 9:24am On Apr 24, 2023
Crankshaft position sensor gives all the symptoms you mentioned when failing. When it finally fails, that car will not start. Start by checking online to locate the position of the cps bank 1. The mechanic may not have plugged the socket into the sensor or may have frayed the wire. That sensor doesn't die like that. Forget those telling you camshaft.

(1) (Reply)

Acura TL Available For Sale / Please I Need Answers To These Urgent Questions. / Best Car To Use For Taxi Business (advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.