Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos (33067 Views)

Truck Conveying Excreta Falls On Odo Iyalaro Bridge; Spills Content On Road(pix) / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens / Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by Goodday90(m): 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
Fake news

Only Anambra gets flooded,tinubu built Lagos to the extent that it’s par with New York City and Tokyo

1 Like

Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by Alabaintprice(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
The part of Lagos THEY will not talk about when they want to defend there fraudulent paymaster.

Only Lagos Island is Lagos so long as they are concerned.....

Laslas, Na dem dey suffer am pass .

Midgets
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by sisisioge: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2023
It is well....na we dey do ourselves. Debris have clogged the drainage again all thanks to those littering the roads and drainages with their dirt! It is well fa.....its a bridge with a river below, water has plenty of place to go down below if the drainage on that bridge isn't blocked!

1 Like

Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by do4luv14(m): 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
ecolime:

It's not only Lagos. Even here in PH, when it rains flood for Market Junction at Rumuomasi dey nearly almost swallow cars.

I agree Lagos own is worse though. It's a city of water that's why places like Odo-Iyalaro, Ago-Palace, Lekki, Weighbridge, Irawo, Surulere, Marina, etc dey always get this issue.

Also, our people too dey block drainage.

That of Marina is due to poor development plan, Road just I feet of the water, While the drainage was ok, but the water escape wish dangerously a little above the sea that is near the road,

I was in Marina last month, i keep thinking if a rough wave could came from the sea, the roads will be flooded asap, and it will takes weeks to clear it

1 Like

Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by Sermwell(m): 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
obembet:

Go your Village if them born u well
So you mean everyone is in Lagos? I left that Sh1t hole some years ago and I'm the better for it. I've built two houses in Abuja and one in suleja. Alot of people are suffering in Lagos.

Is Lagos your village? Even Buhari or thiefnubuu cannot send anybody out of Lagos. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by Maga123: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
This is an situation that repeat itself every year and this can't be fixed to even think of the billions generated in the state.this is to show that nigerian leaders have this recycling potential they can't change.lf you look at countries where things are working before the coming of this flood they will begin to tackle areas that needs to be addressed

1 Like

Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by simpleseyi: 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Lagos state is a slum

If people like you remain in your cursed village, then Lagos will be better
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by pikechukwu6(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
No news... this had been national anthem
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by Jemex003: 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
mannobi:
That is effect of over population. When they were sandfilling everywhere they should have known that water will fight back to claim it's path one day.
I wish ogún state can put up good infrastructural and industrial programmes so they could divert the high population in Lagos to ogun state more.

The taste is different and the different is the taste.
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by Jemex003: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
ChizzyBuna:
This is what happens when isrealites (Nigerians) are stuck with Pharoah (A.P.C)

Floods, Pestilence, Omens, Corruption
We are drowning in the Red Sea

Only Moses (Peter Obi) can save us with rod and staff of Justice and lead us to the promise Land ( A better Nigeria)

Let moses should go and try to rescue the prisoner in Asian countries first then we will believe in overnight angel moses. Yes daddy
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by Jemex003: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
Bahamas95:
Lagos is truly overated.

Bad belle kee you there. Which state are you from Ape?
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by QuinModah(f): 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
mannobi:
That is effect of over population. When they were sandfilling everywhere they should have known that water will fight back to claim it's path one day.
I wish ogún state can put up good infrastructural and industrial programmes so they could divert the high population in Lagos to ogun state more.
Ogun state government wouldn't do that, not in the next 10years
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by ufotunang: 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
Yes.... that is the Lagos they said tinubu built and developed
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by QuinModah(f): 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
Honcho217:
Something needs to be done to this constant flood and building collapses in Lagos, it’s bs. I sell Google voice in bulk. Zero nine zero sixty one seventeen thirty six ninety five
As long as corruption exist, the building agency in Lagos state is an epitome of corruption
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by QuinModah(f): 7:17pm On Apr 23, 2023
do4luv14:

That of Marina is due to poor development plan, Road just I feet of the water, While the drainage was ok, but the water escape wish dangerously a little above the sea that is near the road,

I was in Marina last month, i keep thinking if a rough wave could came from the sea, the roads will be flooded asap, and it will takes weeks to clear it
Marina is till better what about Lekki and environs
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by fayomim: 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hot temp here in abuja
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by do4luv14(m): 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2023
QuinModah:
Marina is till better what about Lekki and environs

Can't say much about Lekki though, Lekki is like sandfilling the seashore to built houses, without a good drainage plan, And when the Sea Roars we got a natural swimming pool for it

Just like they are presently trying to do with barbeach

2 Likes

Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by campbelljosh(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
Parts of Ogun state like Mowe,Akute,Ifo, and mainly Sango otta are filled with Lagos workers now.They are buying any buyable Houses in Sango otta now.
mannobi:
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by slimik: 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
Nobody can save Nigeria Nigeria, the very day we start to work on ourselves individually that is that day things will start working for us....... Everyone in Nigeria wants hammer big money overnight without working for it.

ChizzyBuna:
This is what happens when isrealites (Nigerians) are stuck with Pharoah (A.P.C)

Floods, Pestilence, Omens, Corruption
We are drowning in the Red Sea

Only Moses (Peter Obi) can save us with rod and staff of Justice and lead us to the promise Land ( A better Nigeria)

Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by caracas: 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2023
divinelydiffere:
And we are still praying for rain in Abuja. Life no balance oo. Too much rain somewhere and in another place no rain.
Who told you there is rain in Lagos ?This one only happened today after a long while.
Lagos has been hot as hell….
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by ashawopikin(m): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Lagos state is a slum
na mega city grin grin
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by ashawopikin(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
GoWithGood:
Not the first time.
and it won't be the last
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by President2001(m): 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
When Joe igbokwe left his job to clear drainage for politics, na never seen anything in Lagos
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by lekan62: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
Most of those commenting here are the ones blocking the drainages by throwing thrash on the road from their vehicle after eating or drinking water and carbonated drinks
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by lekan62: 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
mannobi:
. Those coming to Lagos with poly bags should stay in their state and develop it , don't come and pollute Lagos
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by WhereMyLoud: 8:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
TINUBU'S LAGOS
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by Hpesoj: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2023
Angelfrost:
Nothing new here...!

Eventually, nature will reclaim Lagos starting from The Island!

Abeg make nature wait small till I leave Ajah cheesy
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by Hpesoj: 9:05pm On Apr 23, 2023
obembet:

Go your Village if them born u well

You have no right to tell anyone to go back to his village.
Re: Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos by ekhai(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
DevilSignature:
grin

Same Lagos that demonic drug lord claimed he built
SEE PAINMENT. MAY 29,HE IS THE COMMANDANT-IN-CHIEF. THE ARMED FORCES ARE ALREADY DOING REHEARSALS FOR HIS SWEARING-IN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / International Airlines Move Into PH Airport (photos) / Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.