Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

My Worst Mistake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Worst Mistake (754 Views)

My Experience With Blord's Famous App (worst Mistake) Screenshots / This Is My Worst Christmas -Man Whose Account Was Frozen After #EndSARS Protest / Rebecca Sharibu, Leah Sharibu's Mother: My Worst Moment Was Day I Dreamt About.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Worst Mistake by desmond2pk: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
Last year, I started making plans to own a property in lagos after I have saved up to about twenty million Naira in Lagos.
What triggered my plan to get a property with my hard earned or hard saved money was a robbery incident that happened to me and my family when we went out to a Bukka Eatery shop at Bode Thomas Junction surulere. Some guys came in with guns and collected our phones , within some minutes, they cleared some little funds in my Access bank and my wife's access bank. I was lucky they couldn't clear my GTB which had huge funds. After that incident, I released that funds, lodged in bank accounts do not belong to you 100%, anything can happened and it can be wiped out in a minute.
I decided to look for a property with the little funds I have saved . It was hard to get but finally I got an half plot of land at ilaje Bariga area of lagos.. The area is a water area so the land is soft and damp. So I would need to do a lot of works in filling the place, doing piling and raft before putting up structure .
As of today, I have spent nearly 30 million, both the cost of the land and the works I have done there which are filling the place, piling and raft that is going on now.
With the current political situation in the country I have regretted my action.
I am from Imo State , married to a yoruba woman and we have four kids. My inlaws are wonderful people and , If I would come back to life again I would marry from the yorubas. No igbo man who got married to a yoruba woman would tell you any negative thing about them. They are wonderful people.
Whoever witnessed the Lagos gubernatorial election of this year would tell you that Nigeria is pregnant and the outcome will be bad for the Igbos , especially those who reside in Lagos.
Since that election, I have contemplated selling the land but if I sold it like it is, I will lose close to Ten to fifteen million Naira. The works I have done and rhe paperwork I have done will go in vain . This is the worst mistake I have made in life. I don't know if I should continue or if I should stop. The best thing is to stop but I can't because I have committed a lot of money. I have denied myself abd my family a lot of good things just to see to it that I continued building the house. And for one to two years, I will put all my profits into that house. My family will be denied a lot of holidays and material things within this two years to enable me complete the house.
The greedy politicians have destroyed this country. They go to Europe and America to buy properties for themselves and their children. Just this week, we stated seeing writeups online how Lagos state government and land owners are planning to make things hard for Igbo people who own properties in lagos.
I don't know what they would do to us and my children. Are they going to confiscate our properties or tax us more ?
Daily I think about this mistake and it makes me sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Mistake by Benki003(m): 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
Seriously man no one knows how Nigeria is going as of today, but one of the lucks you have is that ur wife is Yoruba and by now u should know how to speak their language fluently, so I'll advise not to sell bruh keep hold it might worth more after many years
Re: My Worst Mistake by Ahmed0336(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2023
Damn!!!!
It's sad that you and other few good igbos are experiencing this.
It's unfortunate, this never should have been this way.
Politicians, religious leaders and some bad elderly people have wrongly advised the youths hence this.

I'd advice you halt the project for now, that money you're sinking there invest it instead until things are back to normal.
Re: My Worst Mistake by Billionaire2: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2023

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Worst Mistake by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hold it, subsidy removal is coming the price will instantaneously balloon upon declaration of subsidy removal.

Have some patience.

Same thing happened in North, after religious, ethnic sectarian crisis, many rushed sold their properties at cheap give away price, now the price is X10, X100 of original price. Have a little patience.
Re: My Worst Mistake by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
desmond2pk:
Last year, I started making plans to own a property in lagos after I have saved up to about twenty million Naira in Lagos.
What triggered my plan to get a property with my hard earned or hard saved money was a robbery incident that happened to me and my family when we went out to a Bukka Eatery shop at Bode Thomas Junction surulere. Some guys came in with guns and collected our phones , within some minutes, they cleared some little funds in my Access bank and my wife's access bank. I was lucky they couldn't clear my GTB which had huge funds. After that incident, I released that funds, lodged in bank accounts do not belong to you 100%, anything can happened and it can be wiped out in a minute.
I decided to look for a property with the little funds I have saved . It was hard to get but finally I got an half plot of land at ilaje Bariga area of lagos.. The area is a water area so the land is soft and damp. So I would need to do a lot of works in filling the place, doing piling and raft before putting up structure .
As of today, I have spent nearly 30 million, both the cost of the land and the works I have done there which are filling the place, piling and raft that is going on now.
I am from Imo State , married to a yoruba woman and we have four kids. My inlaws are wonderful people and , If I would come back to life again I would marry from the yorubas. No igbo man who got married to a yoruba woman would tell you any negative thing about them. They are wonderful people.
Whoever witnessed the Lagos gubernatorial election of this year would tell you that Nigeria is pregnant and the outcome will be bad for the Igbos , especially those who reside in Lagos.
Since that election, I have contemplated selling the land but if I sold it like it is, I will lose close to Ten to fifteen million Naira. The works I have done and rhe paperwork I have done will go in vain . This is the worst mistake I have made in life. I don't know if I should continue or if I should stop. The best thing is to stop but I can't because I have committed a lot of money. I have denied myself abd my family a lot of good things just to see to it that I continued building the house. And for one to two years, I will put all my profits into that house. My family will be denied a lot of holidays and material things within this two years to enable me complete the house.
The greedy politicians have destroyed this country. They go to Europe and America to buy properties for themselves and their children. Just this week, we stated seeing writeups online how Lagos state government and land owners are planning to make things hard for Igbo people who own properties in lagos.
I don't know what they would do to us and my children. Are they going to confiscate our properties or tax us more ?

So, you're just realizing for the first time that Nigeria is a heavily divided country and that buying/building properties in any region other than yours is pure foolishness??

Your parents failed some of you woefully in their upbringing roles, and that's very unfortunate.

I was first schooled about Nigeria far before i started primary school at the age of 6 in 1988.
Re: My Worst Mistake by PandoraObi: 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
Well it is disheartening to say the least the ugly incident of the governorship election, it is quiet necessary after endsars incident that Kanu nnamdi commanded Igbos to destroy Yoruba properties in Lagos and one Igbo boy Chinasa Micheal burn BRT buses in Lagos yet in Enugu phyno and flavour were chased away from Enugu despite they are igbos, Yoruba rejected Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour because he was not proud to be attached to Yoruba, he never miss any opportunity to vilified and disparage the yorubas for reasons best know to him, he can speak Igbo fluently but can't speak Yoruba, he supported IPOB and biafra but disregard and disrespect even the traditional leaders of Yoruba, he and his principal Peter Obi removed Yoruba executives of labour party and put igbos and South south,

Igbos want to install chinedu Rhodes-Vivour by force in Lagos and he even boasted that he will win with the help of labour and igbos too refused to know Lagos political sphere have restrictions, you don't because you are accommodated freely in a place, Igbo tooks Yoruba for granted, what they can accept in their land, they are doing it in Yoruba land, Yoruba don't usually bear grudges, that is the end of the situation if igbos do not bring up the issue of no man's land again, don't sell your land

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Mistake by simpleseyi: 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2023
Omo Igbo, go back to your Imo where Unknown Gun Men are killing you everyday like Christmas chicken. Lagos is fir Yorubas, we just told you that point blank. If you refuse to hear, anything you see thereafter, just know that you brought it upon yourself. Don’t forget to go with your flat headed children. They are Igbos just like Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour. We will never accept them as Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Mistake by helinues: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
The truth is when building a house, you need to be involved, forget about na my friend, na my family, they would just be quoting ridiculous amount for you some the elderly amongst.

Average Nigerians are opportunists, a friend sent N20m to his own sister oo, person wey follow him, imagine with land and building nothing was done, the land self no get fence, more like he wasted the money cos he has abandoned it

1 Like

Re: My Worst Mistake by tricksters: 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
This is another foolish cork n bull story.
Did anybody come to take your land from you ?

How does the indigenous Lagosian clamour to be allowed chose their leader a problem to your Igbo father ? Is their any land that anybody asked Igbo to surrender because they are igbo in Lagos ?

You chose to always vote against the indigenous population choice they in turn chose to have their way on their fathers land so no bastard from faraway hell can impose who they do not want on them if you are not OK with thay sell the land n move out of Lagos instead of concorting senseless n foolish igbo lies.

desmond2pk:
Last year, I started it makes me sad.

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Mistake by desmond2pk: 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2023
tricksters:
This is another foolish cork n bull story.
Did anybody come to take your land from you ?

How does the indigenous Lagosian clamour to be allowed chose their leader a problem to your Igbo father ? Is their any land that anybody asked Igbo to surrender because they are igbo in Lagos ?

You chose to always vote against the indigenous population choice they in turn chose to have their way on their fathers land so no bastard from faraway hell can impose who they do not want on them if you are not OK with thay sell the land n move out of Lagos instead of concorting senseless n foolish igbo lies.

First, the idiots you called indigenous populations are not indigenous but useless set of bastards from other states of South west.
Second. There is no law thar stated that I should vote for your choice candidate but mine. Who the Bleep are you to force me to vote for your candidate?
Third. Father's land ? So The labour party candidate father has no land in lagos ?
But sanwolu fsther from ogun state or ekiti has land in lagos ?
Get the Bleep out of here

Re: My Worst Mistake by Lifestone(m): 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
Bro, Nothing to worry about. Just show respect to your host and you will live in peace
Re: My Worst Mistake by desmond2pk: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
simpleseyi:
Omo Igbo, go back to your Imo where Unknown Gun Men are killing you everyday like Christmas chicken. Lagos is fir Yorubas, we just told you that point blank. If you refuse to hear, anything you see thereafter, just know that you brought it upon yourself. Don’t forget to go with your flat headed children. They are Igbos just like Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour. We will never accept them as Yorubas.

Poor rat spotted
Re: My Worst Mistake by desmond2pk: 7:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
PandoraObi:
Well it is disheartening to say the least the ugly incident of the governorship election, it is quiet necessary after endsars incident that Kanu nnamdi commanded Igbos to destroy Yoruba properties in Lagos and one Igbo boy Chinasa Micheal burn BRT buses in Lagos yet in Enugu phyno and flavour were chased away from Enugu despite they are igbos, Yoruba rejected Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour because he was not proud to be attached to Yoruba, he never miss any opportunity to vilified and disparage the yorubas for reasons best know to him, he can speak Igbo fluently but can't speak Yoruba, he supported IPOB and biafra but disregard and disrespect even the traditional leaders of Yoruba, he and his principal Peter Obi removed Yoruba executives of labour party and put igbos and South south,

Igbos want to install chinedu Rhodes-Vivour by force in Lagos and he even boasted that he will win with the help of labour and igbos too refused to know Lagos political sphere have restrictions, you don't because you are accommodated freely in a place, Igbo tooks Yoruba for granted, what they can accept in their land, they are doing it in Yoruba land, Yoruba don't usually bear grudges, that is the end of the situation if igbos do not bring up the issue of no man's land again, don't sell your land

1. I hate playing tribal wars but some week yorubas like you always drag me into it.
Election is election and people have right to vote whoever they want. Yorubas, not all yorubas, minority rats are too scared of igbos. Why ?
2. You are right. Yorubas don't bear grudges. Na rats and thugs dey bear unnecessary grudges. Guy, make your money and live your life.
3 we igbos never Brought up any issue of no man's land. Your greedy politicians used it to encourage your touts do disrupt election.
4. My kids don't speak igbo but yoruba. I don't have any problem with that. If chinedu speaks igbos, it is his choice . People have right to support whoever they want to support politically. Tinubu supported buhari who supported boko haram and fulanis who kill and kidnap yourbas. And u have no problem with that?
Re: My Worst Mistake by desmond2pk: 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

So, you're just realizing for the first time that Nigeria is a heavily divided country and that buying/building properties in any region other than yours is pure foolishness??

Your parents failed some of you woefully in their upbringing roles, and that's very unfortunate.

I was first schooled about Nigeria far before i started primary school at the age of 6 in 1988.

There is nothing wrong with have a property in a place you live.
Our politicians buy properties in abroad they don't even stay.
Re: My Worst Mistake by tricksters: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
Your comment here shows you are not knowledgeable about the Yorubas.

Yorubas don't segregate any set of it people as Osu. Read up about the history of Oshodi Tinubu etc to know they are not indigenous Lagosian but are now part of the ruling class in Lagos because of their contribution unlike your Igbo hate that refuse the little given to you.

Of course you have the right n liberty to vote your choice as well as Chinedu as the right to contest the indigenous Yoruba from the SW also informed your Igbo fathers they won't be dictate who rule their state so where you right end others begin.

desmond2pk:
First, the idiots you called indigenous populations are not indigenous but useless set of bastards from other states of South west.
Second. There is no law thar stated that I should vote for your choice candidate but mine. Who the Bleep are you to force me to vote for your candidate?
Third. Father's land ? So The labour party candidate father has no land in lagos ?
But sanwolu fsther from ogun state or ekiti has land in lagos ?
Get the Bleep out of here

1 Like

Re: My Worst Mistake by PandoraObi: 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
desmond2pk:

1. I hate playing tribal wars but some week yorubas like you always drag me into it.
Election is election and people have right to vote whoever they want. Yorubas, not all yorubas, minority rats are too scared of igbos. Why ?
2. You are right. Yorubas don't bear grudges. Na rats and thugs dey bear unnecessary grudges. Guy, make your money and live your life.
3 we igbos never Brought up any issue of no man's land. Your greedy politicians used it to encourage your touts do disrupt election.
4. My kids don't speak igbo but yoruba. I don't have any problem with that. If chinedu speaks igbos, it is his choice . People have right to support whoever they want to support politically. Tinubu supported buhari who supported boko haram and fulanis who kill and kidnap yourbas. And u have no problem with that?
I know it wouldn't be long before showing your parental deficiencies and ill-mannered nature, I guess your mother taught you to vilify and attack people unprovoked, I am not surprised anymore about you people, if you led by psquare can insult Fela Kuti that is dead because of his son, Seûn Kuti, what can you not do, so you see Yoruba rats , well done group of maggots and disgusting bedbugs.

3 Likes

Re: My Worst Mistake by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
desmond2pk:

abroad and this contraption are two different things

Abroad that they allow a black man called Obama whose father was an immigrant from Kenya to rule them for 8 solid years!

Please never ever you compare
Re: My Worst Mistake by ibechris(m): 12:40am On Apr 24, 2023
I am igbo.

There is no part of Nigeria I can buy land if not Abuja and my state of origin.

Anything short of this,I might be wasting away my money.
Re: My Worst Mistake by DaddyJapan(m): 1:41am On Apr 24, 2023
desmond2pk:

I completely understand how you must feel at the minute, but I will say this much: despite the outcome of the recent elections in Lagos, you have absolutely nothing to fear.
Our histories and fortunes are far too intertwined for the sort of conflagration often touted on Nairaland and other social media platforms, so my advice is to become more circumspect about what you read online.

Nigeria is not falling apart anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Mistake by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:38am On Apr 24, 2023
desmond2pk:

Thank God you said 'abroad' and not within the toxic and highly ethnoreligiously divided Nigeria.

I would have been surprised if you had said the hausa/fulanis and yorubas who live in the East buy properties there

(1) (Reply)

The Northerners Are Still Very Much In Charge / Is The South South Gravitating Towards Apc From Pdp? / Breaking: Chief El-rufai Rejects Ministerial Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.