Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

CNN Fires Don Lemon - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CNN Fires Don Lemon (50357 Views)

CNN Fires Chris Cuomo / Trump Fires Rex Tillerson, US Sec. of State Who Just Visited Nigeria Few Days / Donald Trump Blasts CNN On Twitter, CNN Replies With An Epic Clapback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Fires Don Lemon by Airlohim(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
BREAKING NEWS: Tucker Carlson’s time as a host at Fox News is finished.

Fox News Media announced in a statement this morning that the company has “agreed to part ways” with the controversial host.

“We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor,” the statement said.

Carlson last appeared on air Friday night and ended his show by telling viewers to have a good weekend and “we’ll be back on Monday.”

Tucker Carlson Tonight was a highly-rated primetime show for Fox News, regularly attracting more than three-million nightly viewers.

It will continue to air as Fox News Tonight on an interim basis, the company said, with a rotating group of Fox News personalities at the helm until a new permanent host is named.

There was no immediate explanation from Fox News as to why Carlson was leaving, although the decision came less than a week after the network settled a defamation lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems for over $787 million.

Dominion sued Fox News in 2021 for pushing a false narrative about the company’s involvement in rigging the vote during the 2020 US presidential election.

It was alleged that statements made on Carlson’s show after the election were defamatory and he had been expected to testify in the trial if it had reached that point.

Carlson, who started at Fox News as a contributor in 2009, had been hosting Tucker Carlson Tonight since November 2016.

The shakeup at Fox News wasn’t the only one this morning, as Don Lemon took to social media shortly after the Carlson news broke to share that he had been fired by CNN after 17 years.

Don Lemon On Twitter:

"I am stunned. After 17 years at CNN, I would have thought that someone in management would have had the decency to tell me directly,” Lemon wrote, noting that the news was broken to him by his agent.

“At no time was I ever given any indication that I would not be able to continue to do the work I have loved at the network. It is clear that there are some larger issues at play.”

The news anchor’s firing comes after Variety published a story in early April with allegations that he mistreated female colleagues over the course of his career at CNN.

Lemon had been with CNN since 2006 and was a central figure of the network’s prime time coverage for nearly a decade.

https://www.kelownanow.com/news/news/World_News/Tucker_Carlson_is_out_at_Fox_News_Don_Lemon_fired_by_CNN/#fs_124233

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna78349

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65379340.amp

3 Likes

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by tamdun: 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
grin
Used and dump,after helping them push propaganda down the throat of millions of gullible followers

113 Likes 14 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Romanoff(f): 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2023
Don Lemon has paid his dues in CNN sha.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by tamdun: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2023
Romanoff:
Notice how they are both black?
Carson isn't black

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Romanoff(f): 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2023
tamdun:

Carson isn't black

Sorry. I thought I was commenting on another topic.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2023
Romanoff:
Notice how they are both black?

Tucker Carlson is black?

156 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Romanoff(f): 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2023
UnusualEmissary:

Tucker Carlson is black?

I assumed I was commenting on another post ni o.
Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by FreeStuffsNG: 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2023
That Tucker own is understandable. Tucker is a barefaced liar , but Don Lemon's sack is somehow.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2023
Romanoff:

I assumed I was commenting on another post ni o.

Maybe you should erase that comment before Nairaland boys wey no get joy descend on you

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Wodu89: 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2023
I'm a strong believe that people should be fined heavily for defamation And all actions that negatively affects the reputation of a business, brand or personality

Do not do business with FredFrankHussle

Without any provocations, he scammed me of my hard earned PayPal funds my foreign clients sent to him and at first did not acknowledge he received the funds.

Over one week when I confronted him and asked for the full amount he received, he refused to acknowledge the amount the client mentioned nor sent screenshot of funds he received in his account during the duration.

As a result, I had problem with that job. I was earning between ( 100,000 and 150,000 Naira per week ). He ruined the job.

The client got frustrated from the back and forths.

I was developing a poultry around my weekly Earnings, because FredFrankHussle ruined the entire system, the poultry I spent close to 800,000 Naira expecting a return of 1,200,000 Naira collapsed completely.

He is aided by two non-entities TotoNaRubber, a miscreant who's identity is as poignant as his reasoning. He aided him in his evil actions alongside OdimbaNnamdi

I have cursed All parties involved in ruining my businesses.

I laboured hard to build my businesses without cheating anyone. Two brought evil counsel encouraging the principal here to not pay my money for eight months.

The main culprit out of nowhere chose to send a paltry sum after almost 4-8 weeks. I can't even recall the length of the period he seized my funds

As at when FredFrankHussle seized my money, I showed him images of my chickens dying in my poultry one by one by his actions. He didn't even blink and eye and did not even regard me.

All through out the cash crunch period, I sat down watching my chickens dying one by one and my jobs stripped from me because he was exerting the power of a demigod.

That my funds was in his hands and I could never do anything about him at the moment. And that he had the power over my other businesses.

I stand as an innocent victim. As FredFrankHussle damaged and ruined my businesses,his life however high be has climbed in life, would return to ruins and ashes.

Everything he has laboured for would become ashes if he doesn't fully restitute all my money lost in my businesses.

Because of this evil human being, people whom I owed salaries had to be labelling me as a thief because I couldn't pay someof my workers their due wages. First time in over ten years since I've been on this forum

I prayed negatively over the money as a Prophet and gave it out..

As my own businesses got ruined the businesses of FredFrankHussle, TotoNaRubber and OdimbaNnamdi would meet utter destruction beyond repairs.

As I makes and curse these evil human beings who ganged up against me without curse, they would meet misfortunes beyond their capacity to bail them self out of. Or get help to resolve

FredFrankHussle is a thief and a criminal.

Doing business with this animal clothed in human skin collapsed my businesses.

Stay clear of this fool to avoid misfortune.

If I was warned about this psychopath, my businesses would still be standing till today

As you ruined and collapsed my businesses which were a sub-structure of my ministry, your life, future and those of your children would be brought down to total collapse and ruin unless you restitute the full value of my collapsed businesses anything short is a deceit.

As you destroyed my businesses, so would person's who would destroy you completely be assigned to you.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Romanoff(f): 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2023
UnusualEmissary:

Maybe you should erase that comment before Nairaland boys wey no get joy descend on you

I full ground dey wait any clown wey pass him boundary.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Wodu89: 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2023
Good
Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2023
Too much talk na for market women angry

1 Like

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by ATEAMS: 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2023
No joy

2 Likes

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by NuclearWetin: 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
K
Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Raskimonojendor: 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley must be happy.

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by inoki247: 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
Lol Na Season of Fire Fox just fire someone too....
Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by xpressionx(m): 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2023
ok
Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by treatise: 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2023
tamdun:
grin
Used and dump,after helping them push propaganda down the throat of millions of gullible followers
He was fired because of an allegation of misogyny and his refusal to meet with management.

5 Likes

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Nairalander248: 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2023
Court fires Tinubu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Legitisreal: 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2023
Gay

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by ecolime(m): 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2023
Good news!!!

I stopped watching CNN because of Cuomo and this slowpoke.

Very unprofessional idiot. Oloriburuku adofuro 😡

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Omeleyi: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2023
That's not fair. He should have been given soft landing
Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by donproject2(m): 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2023
In another news

It is bad to talk about oneself but when speaking publicly, it is safer to draw everything back to yourself.

May be as little as 3-year old me, a show was airing on TV where culinary skills were being flaunted by bahd chefs in town. Me, my twinny and papa dey watch the show. When dem finish cooking, papa ask if I go chop, I nodded in affirmation. Papa say make I go carry plate give dem for TV make dem serve me, mumu me enter kitchen go carry plate, offered the plate to the TV, papa laugh sotey water dey comot for hin eyes. My papa nah confirm tout walahi.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by AImiron: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2023
This lying piece of sh1t and a misogynistic basssstard. Good riddance

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2023
Wow!

We just got to know he is married to a man few months ago.

He is a good broadcaster.

Lemon fired!
Tucker fired!!

Season of fires 🔥 😉
Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Dialpad: 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
Lol, this guy will be super shocked.

Fox lost a lot with the dominion lawsuit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by juman(m): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
"allegations that he mistreated female colleagues over the course of his career at CNN."

Its unacceptable treating people badly.
Firing him was good.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Fires Don Lemon by Legitisreal: 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley must be happy.
iso love that woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Putin Readies Massive Yars Nuclear Missile Capable Of Hitting US And UK ( Pics) / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle / Joe Biden's Dog, Commander, Removed From White House After Biting secret Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.