Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

After Over One Year In Ghana. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Over One Year In Ghana. (52766 Views)

Men Watching Big Buttocks While Driving, Cause Of Most Crashes In Ghana - Offici / CRCC to construct 560km railway line in Ghana at $2bn, cost of 156km Lagos-Ibada / World’s Biggest Passenger Airliner Lands In Ghana. First To Land In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by femicyrus(m): 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
You better start considering trekking to UK where caregiver jobs are waiting for you.
The only job you can get in Nigeria with your qualifications is that of a grassroot politician and unfortunately, elections are over

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by emmaodet: 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
nothingspoil70:
Please don't come back to Nigeria now. Nigeria is no good for anything. In fact Nigeria is the worst place on earth to be at the moment. Didn't you hear Tinubu had just been elected president? Try find your way to Sudan if you can

grin grin grin

Chaii
From frying pan to fire
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by inoki247: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
1Sharon:

I thought Nigerian women were the most materialistic in the world, thank God oo.

But I heard they get pregnant easily

Lol all doz things na hype I don enjoy Nigeria girls for free Wella...

Buh when I reach Ghana the first girl I jam he Neva even reach 2 days I Neva even touch her hand talkless of inviting her to my house she don dey ask me phone worth of 5000 Ghana I was like naso una dey du for here ....

10 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by ycat: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2023
My heart goes out to you.

But what did you mean by "no family"? What are you doing in Ghana for money?

What about starting a YouTube channel with your phone and come back here for all of us to go and subscribe there? With 1,000 subscribers or so and views you are monetized. You can go to places and events others don't go and create nice contents.
kokorokoman:
After over one year in Ghana without anything to show for it, I have finally decided to come back to Nigeria.

With no job, house or anything tangible to fall back to but i am just determined to start all over again because i believe no matter how far you have gone on the wrong part it is never too late to start again.

In my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

now this are my questions.
*can someone like me survive the current nigeria economy?
*does the incoming tinubu govt have a place for people like me?
*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need your help and suggestions.
please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.
i am now a shadow of myself, ghana na wa o.
nairalanders abeg make una help me o.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by emmaodet: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Bros most people are economic immigrants. I wonder why they can't do small research. You are a job seeker, jump on LinkedIn and see how many jobs exist there before going you no fit.

grin

If you tell them, they will start attacking you that you are enemy of progress etc
One moniker even went with his gf I think around Feb for 1 week vacation and opened a thread boasting about how Ghana is better than nigeria and more sane country blah blah blah
Mtcheew
I have traveled to Ghana more than any state in Nigeria apart from PH

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2023
Starboytwo:
theres cold weather, snow, white people, oyinbo accent, big cardigan, Facebook pics to pepper us wey dey Naija, good roads, stable light etc. you can’t go there and not see $ is not possible. As long as you have white people around you, they will help.

BWAAAAAAAH!!!! you must be joking... they might help you with a coin or two, but they certainly wont help every illegal africans they see on the road with free housing and free food etc... especially in places where there are TOO MANY illegal immigrants.

tensazangetsu20:
Omho if someone is in the world's headquarters of capitalism and broke. The juju for him village strong die. Even illegals for the US still dey make money and person no fit see 1000 usd. Omho him villagers strong die. It's possible in Europe sha.

yu will be surprised how many think like you and therefore head to US/Europe to thereafter SUFFER.... bro, many dont even see 500usd, talkless of $1K at the end of the month.

6 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Caleb15(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
Lewiseze1988:
Learn how to drive,that's the fastest way for u to survive.drivers wanted nationwide

The ones that learnt driving are still looking for decent driving jobs, all na grace sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Jamersirwin1971: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
nothingspoil70:
Please don't come back to Nigeria now. Nigeria is no good for anything. In fact Nigeria is the worst place on earth to be at the moment. Didn't you hear Tinubu had just been elected president? Try find your way to Sudan if you can

Una wey dey Nigeria go just talk as if Nigeria is worse . I just got back from Ghana after two years and I can tell you. Nigeria economy is far better . With 2 million in naira in you account in Ghana , you are nothing . Bro I would advice you to come back .. do not think about restarting . Just feel what ever time spent in Ghana was for a reason and come back and stay positive about your life . Things will get better. I know of Nigerians in Ghana for 10 years that don't have 1 million in account . B cause the system them na bills . But if them take pictures they are fresher

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by 3pointsagree: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
I thought Ghana was Heaven compared to Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:
After over one year in Ghana without anything to show for it, I have finally decided to come back to Nigeria.

With no job, house or anything tangible to fall back to but i am just determined to start all over again because i believe no matter how far you have gone on the wrong part it is never too late to start again.

In my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.
If you have stayed in Ghana for at least 6 months ! My brother you can survive any hardship anywhere on earth ! I left Ghana some years back when thing are not even as bad as it is in Ghana now ! Believe me every where is on fire 🔥 🔥🔥 now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Starboytwo(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

BWAAAAAAAH!!!! you must be joking... they might help you with a coin or two, but they certainly wont help every illegal africans they see on the road with free housing and free food etc... especially in places where there are TOO MANY illegal immigrants.

yu will be surprised how many think like you and therefore head to US/Europe to thereafter SUFFER.... bro, many dont even see 500usd, talkless of $1K at the end of the month.
so people legit leave here with BIG money for aza and go and do illegal migrants inside cold. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by topsam1(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
Go learn how to drive truck jere

6 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

Omho they should come back to Nigeria let others try their luck.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by emmaodet: 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
Jecci:
Your eyes is finally open now to the truth bah. Everytime someone will not rest from Ghana is better than Nigeria and you see people buying into that crase.

They don't make proper research they just dust their empty bag enter chisco motor dey go Ghana to go pack plenty cedis. Awwww far Charlie there good or e bad shey you have used your eyes to see things for yourself.

There is nothing in that country and other west Africa countries around us. Stop buying into that electricity hype. Very local country. Been there lived there before schooled there I don't get the hype about that country.

grin grin grin
What really made me scared of Ghana was when a friend rented an apartment at Kasoa which is outskirt of the capital Accra and he paid 9000 Ghana cedis for a 2 bedroom flat and that was in 2016. As at then, 9000 Ghana cedis was 900k naira.
Omoh, I was shocked.
It is like someone paying 900k in Ifo or sango Otta which are outskirt of Lagos, now imagine what people are paying in central Accra.
I don't even know how they pay such rent because it is a very very poor country with very poor salary scale so I wonder how they get to pay those house rents.
Even Nungua where I schooled, to get a one room for rent for 30k /30 cedis na with beta beta abeeeeg
Just imagine one room for 30k per month

11 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by pvicky(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:

If you can get Ghana Vodafone SIM card for both of us. I will teach you how to carryout naira/cedis arbitrage with it. very profitable.

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Caleb15(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
topsam1:
Go learn how to drive truck jere

Bros i sabi drive truck, but i never see better job, i go appreciate am if you fit link me
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by mastermaestro(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
GeneralPula:

Ans - Why not?..

Ans - Yes, he does..

Your own still good. You see those wey rush go UK? They've realized that greener pasture you read on media or see on TV is very diff from reality..

See en, those UK people have no idea what will hit them in the next five to ten years. The pessimism I have about the future of Nigerians wasting millions to go slave away in UK cannot be explained. Many of them will look back and bite their fingers off in regrets. sad

I had thought I was the only one having such feeling. Now I know I am not the only person.
Unless you are going there because GOD Almighty guided to you to do so, nor go UK o. I have someone who sold so much to relocate to the UK. He was a king here. But now, the man is beginning to have a rethink in just less than a year. He is now living like a nobody under burdens of bills. grin

10 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Dopeluiz(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You went to Ghana. What were you expecting. I have said it countless times over and over again, if you plan to relocate within Africa and your destination isn't south Africa just sit your ass down in Nigeria. As horrible as Nigeria is, the only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa and by African countries I mean black Africa. I don't consider the northern parts of Africa as African countries
Uganda is good also
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
Starboytwo:
so people legit leave here with BIG money for aza and go and do illegal migrants inside cold. Kudos.

by the time all the big money is spent and NO BETTER JOB found, na that time they will have landed abroad. in the US, when looking for illegal jobs, there will be 1000 Mexicans, 1000 Haitians, 1000 Dominicans, 1000 Venezueleans, 1000 Chinese, 10000 Africans willing to do that one job.... there will be so many desperate people willing to do the job that the salary per day will drop from 50/40usd per day to 25USD per day!

tensazangetsu20:
Omho they should come back to Nigeria let others try their luck.

SHAME no go let them come back without anything to show for... so thats why many stay!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by tunde1200(m): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
I had similar experiences in Libya far back 1999 to 2003.
I summoned courage and returned back to my country and today I thank God almighty for my life and I never regret.
Am even looking for a good writer I can tell my ordeal in Libya and some other countries and publish because am not a good writer.

Soy advice is go for farming business if you can is a good business which I added to my aircraft maintenance engineering.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Evestar200(f): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
I was the one that sent transport money to my younger brother who left Nigeria for Ghana in 2021 to look for money.

The boy wanted to finish me and my mom with complaint while in Ghana, I have no other choice than to send him 60k to come back to Nigeria before he makes my mom BP to rise.

He didn't even stay up to three months before sending bad feedback home, we left him there for almost a year to learn his lesson because my Mom warned him and he didn't listen.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by musicwriter(m): 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:

You don't have to come back to Nigeria before making money, though it may indeed be easier for you in Nigeria than Ghana.

See how to start a business without money.

You can start making money within 24 hours with the given information, if only you do away with shame.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by emmaodet: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
Gerrard59:
At times, I see Nigeria as the United States. It is the reason I am surprised when Americans on Reddit want to leave the country because of kini kon. There are "Ghanas" in Nigeria just as there are Switzerlands, Singapores, Koreas in the US. This means, you don't have to relocate to Ghana if since there exist Ghanas in Nigeria. Tensa20 schooled in Ghana and has preached it for donkey months that nothing dey that country. Look at the economy, terrible. Buhari is bad, but Addo is worse considering he studied at Oxford and his finance minister studied at both Columbia and Yale universities. I wonder what they learnt there (assuming they actually attended classes and did not stand by the windows).

As for digital courses, man. No idea, but please note that nothing good comes easy. It will take an average of 2-3 years to learn and start making something from a digital skill especially if you don't have a pretty strong math foundation. Working is just like starting a business, you don't make profits during the nascent stages. Heck, you even generate losses, but keep ploughing in money. Na why people wey never chop food belly full suppose start business or else, dem go chop all the small small revenues finish.

Ghana, just like dem Namibia and Botswana, are good to live a safe and quiet life when you don make money. There are not places to make money from, but to enjoy the serenity and quietness.

Gbam!!!
End of story
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Icrave4u: 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
For some one who has lived and stayed in ghana for years nigeria is far better than ghana economic wise, most Nigerians i know are into galamsey there its called illegal gold mining you will see most of them in obuasi, kumasi etc they make good money but i wont advise you to follow that root but if you want quick money you can join them, pleaae come back to Nigeria and hussle and you will be happy you did!

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by clockwisereport: 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
@kokorokoman

Yes. You can make it.

I always encourage myself with the story of Jibrin Samuel Okutepa(SAN). Man started primary school (primary 2) at the age of 17 and later dropped out in primary 3 to focus on helping his father in his farm. He later ventured into fire service and auto-mechanic. Started IJMB as a married man and later studied law in UNIJOS. Today, he is a senior lawyer in Nigeria.

He had so many reasons to quit but he kept pushing until he achieved his dream. You can also tow his part. It is never going to be easy but with with due diligence and hardworking, you will achieve anything you set your mind on. Start anything today, no matter how small and watch it grow

6 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by correctguy101(m): 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
inoki247:
Lol apart from electricity nd maybe security...

Nigeria is far better than Ghana Economically we are better if Akufo Addo try doz shiitty policy's we all survived I don't think that country will survive...

When people say different jargons Abt Nigeria they want to go to Ghana that's better I tell them safe trip nothing cheap for that country even ordinary Olosho he cost....

With all dere 247 electricity isn't even showing in derr economy all dere things still costly than our own where the manufacturing company are running on Gen imagine Coke 30cl for 5cedis thats like 300naira apart from the big eatery in Nigeria 50cl Coke is just 200naira if anyone tells you as a Nigerian that Ghana is better and his living dere ask him to show you his bank statement when he was living in Nigeria and his Mobile wallet in Ghana to see if that electricity makes him more productive and his showing in his life...

As a struggling Nigerian sef you can't afford dere Permit so why go stay in another man's country illegally derr permit cost $500 you will pay it in Dollars not dere local currency we Neva talk tips wey u go pay before dey even approve it which can also be like $500 making $1000 nd you've to renew every Year..

As we complain reach about this country, we can't relocate to Ghana. For what? Dem follow for person japa plan? undecided

Na love make us dey complain about we country.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by hansomb: 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
Go and learn carpenter and thank me later.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by emmaodet: 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
Starboytwo:
I don laugh tire.

Shebi Ghana get 24/7 electricity na. Manage it.

You wan make money, you leave Naija go Ghana, no be juju be that.

grin grin
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by caprini1: 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:

if you are a good and a loyal person ,i will fix you up at alaba international market and you will be fine in no time.

5 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Adeagbo77: 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
nautybride:
Hmmmm
Power of the mind. What you believe you will become will come into reality.
Tbh, you are in your late thirties and asking this questions, I am not judging you but you sound like you have had things on a platter of gold from the start.
Study yourself, build a new career on your passion. It's not too late.

Hmm........ There is no harm in trying as you have tried Ghana, at least you have a country to compare Nigeria with. A lot of Nigerians will never appreciate Nigeria until they travel to other places. Although, we have our challenges and could have done better if not for bad leadership and other artificial problems we created for ourselves. Please, don't waste time to come back home. You can still make it big in Nigeria with determination, hardwork and prayers. Nonetheless, you need to go slow and steady in your pursuit and don't be too much in a hurry to making money. With time, money will come and you will live a better life here in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Welcome To Balneario, Brazil, The Dubai Of Brazil(photos) / Helicopter Flying Couple To The Airport For Honeymoon Crashes In Texas (Photos) / Drone Crashes Into Spewing Volcano In Iceland (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.