Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

After Over One Year In Ghana. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Over One Year In Ghana. (52859 Views)

Men Watching Big Buttocks While Driving, Cause Of Most Crashes In Ghana - Offici / CRCC to construct 560km railway line in Ghana at $2bn, cost of 156km Lagos-Ibada / World’s Biggest Passenger Airliner Lands In Ghana. First To Land In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by sukkot: 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
mastermaestro:

See en, those UK people have no idea what will hit them in the next five to ten years. The pessimism I have about the future of Nigerians wasting millions to go slave away in UK cannot be explained. Many of them will look back and bite their fingers off in regrets. sad

I had thought I was the only one having such feeling. Now I know I am not the only person.
Unless you are going there because GOD Almighty guided to you to do so, nor go UK o. I have someone who sold so much to relocate to the UK. He was a king here. But now, the man is beginning to have a rethink in just less than a year. He is now living like a nobody under burdens of bills. grin

3 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by JobNeededUrgent: 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
nonny1212:
No dey leak our secret na... why u like this? grin

Digital skill na soft work. The money fit no dey drop like bomb but e dey drop steady. At least, you no go dey hungry at all, u go dey pay rent. If oil dey your head, u fit buy ride join

If you come sabi digital, come get grace, just be ready for too much funds. Grace no be anybody mate grin
lies
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by staga: 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
Drey1:

Lol. They don see una finish. How una dey pay dollars for rent for ghana? Shey nah dollar dem dey spend there ni. I no understand again o. Ghana sef dey form Behind. Just see us finish for Nigeria sha. Nah our leaders I blame sha

Landlord charge rent in dollars. When I lived there in Adjiriganor, it was USD I was paying for rent.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by InvertedHammer: 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:
After over one year in Ghana without anything to show for it, I have finally decided to come back to Nigeria.

With no job, house or anything tangible to fall back to but i am just determined to start all over again because i believe no matter how far you have gone on the wrong part it is never too late to start again.

In my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

now this are my questions.
*can someone like me survive the current nigeria economy?
*does the incoming tinubu govt have a place for people like me?
*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need your help and suggestions.
please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.
i am now a shadow of myself, ghana na wa o.
nairalanders abeg make una help me o.
/

These are not questions someone close to 40 would be asking. Whether in Nigeria, Ghana or Jupiter, your problem has nothing to do with location.

Do yourself a favour and move back to your village. You can join a masquerade group or at best, become a farmer--a very lucrative profession in the modern day Nigeria. But if you are too lazy to farm, then become a babalawo, open a shrine and start hustling the hustlers.

/

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Hamachi(f): 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
inoki247:
Lol apart from electricity nd maybe security...

Nigeria is far better than Ghana Economically we are better if Akufo Addo try doz shiitty policy's we all survived I don't think that country will survive...

When people say different jargons Abt Nigeria they want to go to Ghana that's better I tell them safe trip nothing cheap for that country even ordinary Olosho he cost....

With all dere 247 electricity isn't even showing in derr economy all dere things still costly than our own where the manufacturing company are running on Gen imagine Coke 30cl for 5cedis thats like 300naira apart from the big eatery in Nigeria 50cl Coke is just 200naira if anyone tells you as a Nigerian that Ghana is better and his living dere ask him to show you his bank statement when he was living in Nigeria and his Mobile wallet in Ghana to see if that electricity makes him more productive and his showing in his life...

As a struggling Nigerian sef you can't afford dere Permit so why go stay in another man's country illegally derr permit cost $500 you will pay it in Dollars not dere local currency we Neva talk tips wey u go pay before dey even approve it which can also be like $500 making $1000 nd you've to renew every Year..
Prep yourself it going to 500 Naira soon.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by DOINGS2022: 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
inoki247:
Lol apart from electricity nd maybe security...

Nigeria is far better than Ghana Economically we are better if Akufo Addo try doz shiitty policy's we all survived I don't think that country will survive...

When people say different jargons Abt Nigeria they want to go to Ghana that's better I tell them safe trip nothing cheap for that country even ordinary Olosho he cost....

With all dere 247 electricity isn't even showing in derr economy all dere things still costly than our own where the manufacturing company are running on Gen imagine Coke 30cl for 5cedis thats like 300naira apart from the big eatery in Nigeria 50cl Coke is just 200naira if anyone tells you as a Nigerian that Ghana is better and his living dere ask him to show you his bank statement when he was living in Nigeria and his Mobile wallet in Ghana to see if that electricity makes him more productive and his showing in his life...

As a struggling Nigerian sef you can't afford dere Permit so why go stay in another man's country illegally derr permit cost $500 you will pay it in Dollars not dere local currency we Neva talk tips wey u go pay before dey even approve it which can also be like $500 making $1000 nd you've to renew every Year..

You are right bro. The so called mantra that Ghana is better than 9ja it's a mirage.
In the areas of security and peace; it's because 70% of their populations are Christians.
I'll be the last person that'll use my money to obtain a residential permit in Ghana that my country Nigeria is better than..

9 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by benedictilemona(m): 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
Skyciel:
As in! Dem full lagos

If their country is better, they won't be here.
i tell u brother

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by inoki247: 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hamachi:
Prep yourself it going to 500 Naira soon.

Lol wake up from your dream if Coke is selling for 200naira when Diesel is selling for over 700 plus how will it now go up when They remove Subsidy not possible cause most Manufacturing company make use of diesel even most of dere distribution truck all runs on Diesel apart from the reseller that uses dere small vehicle that uses petrol....

So if Diesel that they're using majorly didn't make it jump to 500 who come be Petrol so you guys should rest with all this bad wishes you've for the country...

4 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by OdogwuToks(m): 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
SmartyPants:

Do you want to keep moving around in circles? forget fast money. Take your time and perfect the skill that most aligns with your natural ability. Long term success is what you should be more concerned with at this stage.

Well said
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by SilentVboy: 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
@op, na wa ooo. But how about knowledge of crypto? Arbitrage between Ghana and Nigeria?.

Some of us are in Nigeria buying Ghana SIM being brought in from Ghana. And with arbitrage, made some cash.

It's not all about being in a foreign country but being there, and deriving benefits.
Nonetheless, you can always come back to Naija and hustle.....

Wise up , bro.....

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Germi9: 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
olamilekan9:
pls for example,if someone is traveling from 9ja to ghana just to go run visa stuff and head back to 9ja, will the person also need to get residence permit when applying for the visa stuff? pls i need urgent answers bosses
Yes you need residence permit
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by jaxxy(m): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:
After over one year in Ghana without anything to show for it, I have finally decided to come back to Nigeria.

With no job, house or anything tangible to fall back to but i am just determined to start all over again because i believe no matter how far you have gone on the wrong part it is never too late to start again.

In my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.

I will leave u with this quote.

There is in this world no such force as the force of a person(man) determined to rise. The human soul cannot be permanently chained. — WEB Du Bois

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by OdogwuToks(m): 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
tunde1200:
I had similar experiences in Libya far back 1999 to 2003.
I summoned courage and returned back to my country and today I thank God almighty for my life and I never regret.
Am even looking for a good writer I can tell my ordeal in Libya and some other countries and publish because am not a good writer.

Soy advice is go for farming business if you can is a good business which I added to my aircraft maintenance engineering.

I can write your story in an epic way for an affordable fee.

If interested, send a mail to proking760@gmail.com
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by drololaaof: 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:

Nigeria is not too bad for a man that is determined and focused
Not greedy ,if you are looking for quick money sha you have missed it . God will set you on a good path .
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by NoToPile: 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
Evestar200:
I was the one that sent transport money to my younger brother who left Nigeria for Ghana in 2021 to look for money.

The boy wanted to finish me and my mom with complaint while in Ghana, I have no other choice than to send him 60k to come back to Nigeria before he makes my mom BP to rise.

He didn't even stay up to three months before sending bad feedback home, we left him there for almost a year to learn his lesson because my Mom warned him and he didn't listen.

Loool @ bolded
sorry I just had to quote you. Thank God it was Ghana it's still close by. Lessons learnt if it was obodo abroad another story entirely.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by 1Sharon(f): 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
staga:

Landlord charge rent in dollars. When I lived there in Adjiriganor, it was USD I was paying for rent.

So Ghanaians have audacity like this? Dollars!
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Jayphoenix45(m): 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
[quote author=kokorokoman post=122730403]After over one year in Ghana without anything to show for it, I have finally decided to come back to Nigeria.

Bro you still have not gotten the right results because I feel you’re blaming things around you instead of finding solutions to it. First of all you left Nigeria to Ghana because you were looking for a better life meaning you were not doing well in Nigeria also. Now you’re asking for something that will make you money quickly and that’s another red flag for me. Nothing good comes easy!!! I’m also living in Ghana with my family presently and I schooled here also years ago. I know a lot of Nigerians who are working in good firms and making money. Ghana is expensive and I can’t deny that but I mean, you said something about not having any job or skill or education so what was your plan coming to Ghana? It’s hard enough even for people who work and earn compared to you who isn’t earning.. it’s not rocket science. I have remote jobs I would have sent you links for that pays as much as 6-8k cedis monthly but you said you’re not educated. Please learn any skill because although location plays a huge Part in success, the onus is on you as a person to have a clear vision of what you want and equip yourself for it. A lot of people are here and are successful. What part of Accra are you in? We could be able to figure out a bolt driving job for you if you can drive.. just don’t blame location for your situation.

6 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by 1Sharon(f): 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2023
inoki247:

Lol all doz things na hype I don enjoy Nigeria girls for free Wella...

Buh when I reach Ghana the first girl I jam he Neva even reach 2 days I Neva even touch her hand talkless of inviting her to my house she don dey ask me phone worth of 5000 Ghana I was like naso una dey du for here ....

Lol. With their uncooked food..they blend pepper by hand and then poor bleached palm oil on it, what's that about
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:
didn't know it will get you angry, no vex o.

If e like make e Vex😂
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by inoki247: 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol. With their uncooked food..they blend pepper by hand and then poor bleached palm oil on it, what's that about

Doz ones are real buh I no dey eat am....

Anything apart from Nigeria food I no dey eat the day my guy offer me that uncooked pepper cut onions dere he come fry egg put, pack plenty small small fish putI no gri eat am some of dere soup sef na water he dey always plenty like Lekki flood....

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
tunde1200:
I had similar experiences in Libya far back 1999 to 2003.
I summoned courage and returned back to my country and today I thank God almighty for my life and I never regret.
Am even looking for a good writer I can tell my ordeal in Libya and some other countries and publish because am not a good writer.

Soy advice is go for farming business if you can is a good business which I added to my aircraft maintenance engineering.

If you couldn't make it in Libya during Gadaffi's Tenure. Probably hardluck was following you around.

I have many close relatives and people who made it during Gadaffi's Regime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Mrklemo(m): 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
[quote author=Jayphoenix45 post=122749236][/quote]

Boss... I am in Nigeria. Can you please link me with the remote job?.
Thanks
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by 1Sharon(f): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
inoki247:

Doz ones are real buh I no dey eat am....

Anything apart from Nigeria food I no dey eat the day my guy offer me that uncooked pepper cut onions dere he come fry egg put, pack plenty small small fish putI no gri eat am some of dere soup sef na water he dey always plenty like Lekki flood....

🤣😂

The only food that looks presentable to me is their waakye and their jellof. Everything else na write off

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

These are not questions someone close to 40 would be asking. Whether in Nigeria, Ghana or Jupiter, your problem has nothing to do with location.

Do yourself a favour and move back to your village. You can join a masquerade group or at best, become a farmer--a very lucrative profession in the modern day Nigeria. But if you are too lazy to farm, then become a babalawo, open a shrine and start hustling the hustlers.

I agree with you on your notion about the Age Factor. Anything by Late 30's, One should have figured out life so deep to an extent.

Early 30's is the last bustop for Excuses.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Jayphoenix45(m): 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2023
Mrklemo:

Boss... I am in Nigeria. Can you please link me with the remote job?.
Thanks

Just go to invisible.co… check for open positions and apply for the remote jobs. Just follow the instructions and keep your fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by chudez0147(m): 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2023
You dey mind the guy ?? Lol
thesicilian:

You claim you spent one year in neighbouring Ghana here and yet you're asking questions like someone who has lived over a decade on Mars.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Gabangel(m): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
There are many online skills you can learn that make you highly employable. As long as you have data.
First you can go online and apply for IT support in Coursera, either you pay 14k per month, or you apply for scholarship. You finish the course, you are qualified to work without a degree (as a computer personnel anywhere in the world). Then you have google Ad Video training... could almost take 2 months of training to do it, but when you are done, you apply on upwork to get jobs.
There are so many others, but the ones above are the ones, me as a person focused on. I ran away from the Google Ad Video Training, because it was taking too long (I practically read and sleep off), even when I noticed that on upwork, almost every Nigerian who had done the training the least amount of jobs I saw the person do was 4!
Anyway, this is my two cents, sorry two naira. And if you can, look for the book, the 4-hour week by Tim Ferriss, it would change your idea of work forever.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by blazerzz: 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by betshopagent(m): 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
EgwunsoDOTcom:
I can't believe all these fools above are condemning the guy for seeking greener pasture elsewhere.. Wicked people really dey this world sad

* OP.. If you have something left with you like 100k, you can just start a little business, trust me with prayers, you'll sure pass this phase of life. Flavour was deported if you know that, he even said in one of his songs. (Ups and Downs are part of life)

* If you're koboless, you can start with a security work or look for a teaching job, at least that's the easiest job to find now in Nigeria. From there, you can try out other bigger stuffs.

* Then, If you want to live a peaceful life free from competition and egocentric nonsense, just go to the North and settle in one village there, trust me, you will live longer and more healthier than your siblings in the South or anywhere else in the country.. Their women don't care if you have one pair of slippers, most of them don't even have sef.

But if you like Bugatti lifestyle (asin, you love to Buga), then stay in the South and start slave_hustling, then pray depression won't finish you off.. Because you will keep comparing others to yourself till you give up the ghost.

All is not lost bro.. At least you have a story to tell your kids.
God bless you. You are wise.Op take this advice

3 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by nawaah: 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
musicwriter:

You don't have to come back to Nigeria before making money, though it may indeed be easier for you in Nigeria than Ghana.

See how to start a business without money.

You can start making money within 24 hours with the given information, if only you do away with shame.

Thanks very much for the info 👍👍
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by BlueAir: 11:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
Pls which northern states can I easily find such women
EgwunsoDOTcom:
I can't believe all these fools above are condemning the guy for seeking greener pasture elsewhere.. Wicked people really dey this world sad

* OP.. If you have something left with you like 100k, you can just start a little business, trust me with prayers, you'll sure pass this phase of life. Flavour was deported if you know that, he even said in one of his songs. (Ups and Downs are part of life)

* If you're koboless, you can start with a security work or look for a teaching job, at least that's the easiest job to find now in Nigeria. From there, you can try out other bigger stuffs.

* Then, If you want to live a peaceful life free from competition and egocentric nonsense, just go to the North and settle in one village there, trust me, you will live longer and more healthier than your siblings in the South or anywhere else in the country.. [/b]Their women don't care if you have one pair of slippers, most of them don't even have sef [b].

But if you like Bugatti lifestyle (asin, you love to Buga), then stay in the South and start slave_hustling, then pray depression won't finish you off.. Because you will keep comparing others to yourself till you give up the ghost.

All is not lost bro.. At least you have a story to tell your kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

• • •Tips On Getting A US VISA / Accident Along Benin Highway Few Days Ago,Some Dead,Others Injured(Pics) / Welcome To Balneario, Brazil, The Dubai Of Brazil(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.