Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) (2660 Views)

What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? / About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / Obinna Ukwuani Appointed Chief Digital Officer Of Bank Of Kigali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Adeolaeniola(m): 9:39am On Apr 25, 2023
Wow...congratulation on your latest achievement.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by ariesbull: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2023
Soccrates:
Yorubas are the richest,most educated.https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe
we gear ...buts let's focus on the ones that have the most accounts

You must have accounts for your riches to be measured

Have you been to Osun, Ekiti, Ogun lately

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by aieromon(m): 9:40am On Apr 25, 2023
Learn how to interpret percentages and actual number of survey subjects correctly.

It is alarming that data presented in tabular form is hard to understand.
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by MXrep: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2023
post=122733841:
Ownership of bank accounts by tribes
Edo leads here by percentage. But Igbos will definitely lead in actual number

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Soccrates: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2023
ariesbull:
we gear ...buts let's focus on the ones that have the most accounts

You must have accounts for your riches to be measured

Have you been to Osun, Ekiti, Ogun lately
There are lots of silent hausa millionaires who don't even keep monies in the bank.
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 9:43am On Apr 25, 2023
Soccrates:
Yorubas are the richest,most educated tribe.

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe
Improve sanitation, Yoruba top in Pit latrine grin grin Igbos no be your mate

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 9:44am On Apr 25, 2023
MXrep:

Exactly
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by MXrep: 9:44am On Apr 25, 2023
aieromon:
Learn how to interpret percentages and actual number of survey subjects correctly.

It is alarming that data presented in tabular form is hard to understand.
Igbos will lead by wider margin in actual number

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Alexiiydon: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2023
You’re just stupid to judge with that na person whey get interest Dey do the survey
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by SSFeedsNigeria: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2023
MXrep:

They have become like northerners, their real shyt is now Tinubu becoming president even to their own detriment

I supported Peter Obi passionately as someone from SS because I know he is the best to make Nigeria better. However, I was shocked to see these people fighting against others just because they want a drug baron and the most corrupt politician to rule Nigeria. They did all that because of tribalism.

What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by MXrep: 9:46am On Apr 25, 2023
post=122734228:

Improve sanitation, Yoruba top in Pit latrine grin grin Igbos no be your mate
Lol. I'm loving this. Bursting their age long propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by MXrep: 9:46am On Apr 25, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

I supported Peter Obi passionately as someone from SS because I know he is the best to make Nigeria better. However, I was shocked to see these people fighting against others just because they want a drug baron and the most corrupt politician to rule Nigeria. They did all that because of tribalism.

What a shame!
It is well
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by SSFeedsNigeria: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2023
Alexiiydon:
You’re just stupid to judge with that na person whey get interest Dey do the survey

You see why you people are now dragging last with NE? Very poor education!

Data or polls is never conducted on the entire population, except it is census. What they do is to target a particular percentage across board and extrapolate the figures on the rest of the population to get a full picture.

Make una dey go better school for that side o.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by FreeStuffsNG: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2023
post=122733808:
Igbo tribe leading in financial awareness and ownership of bank accounts survey by MICS survey supported by Nigeria government, UNICEF and Melinda Gate 2022 report
Nice.

Your title is inaccurate. This is a survey and not total bank accounts in Nigeria.

The survey result tells you that among the sample size who participated in the survey, the Igbo there have the most bank accounts. This is not a CBN comprehensive data data but a baseline survey to see how the cashless society is devoping.

Expect a very clean data by the end of this quarter as bvn takes full effect and all dormant accounts emptied by CBN as promised.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by 9gerian: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2023
But Edo is 67%…

post=122733841:
Ownership of bank accounts by tribes
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by ljoh: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2023
Fake account
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by SSFeedsNigeria: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2023
MXrep:

Also notice that all the areas that scored very high in developmental indices are the areas that supported Obi massively. Those areas are the real progressive zones of Nigeria. Not the zones that support a drug baron and extremely corrupt politician just because of tribalism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 9:54am On Apr 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice. This is a survey and not total accounts. It tells you that among those who participated in the survey, the Igbo there have the most bank accounts. This is not a CBN comprehensive data data but a baseline survey to see how the cashless society is devoping.

Expect a very clean data by the end of this quarter as bvn takes full effect and all dormant accounts emptied by CBN as promised.
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by aieromon(m): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2023
MXrep:

Igbos will lead by wider margin in actual number

The results of the survey does not support this claim. You guys are looking at percentages which do not add up to 100% when you should be looking at the number of respondents.
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:55am On Apr 25, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

You're right. Igbos are good neighbors just that they can be very aggressive in pursuing their goals and also like to shove it in the face of others who are lagging behind. It is what breeds envy in some Nigerians against Igbos.
U seems to know more about igbos very well. But dis is not time for the comparison
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by BloomingDale(f): 9:55am On Apr 25, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

What a shame!

Igbo man. Always impersonating other ethnic groups. Be very kiaful before karma comes looking for you. You cannot sow division and expect a happy life.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by sonature1: 9:55am On Apr 25, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

Including Igbos of SS. The statistics have always been like that even before the war.

Real estate too, Igbos are on top in Nigeria. Same with education, sports, commerce, industry etc.

Anything good, you will see Igbos at the top. That's why some people hate them out of envy.

You people need to slow down these tribal discussions on Nairaland and focus on our Nigerianness. You are not doing this platform any good. When stats favour you, you praise it but when it doesn't, you criticize it.

Seun, I think it's high time you targeted some monikers that promote ethnic profiling and banned them completely. That's one of the ways of cleaning up this forum.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by MXrep: 9:56am On Apr 25, 2023
ariesbull:

Forget Lagos go to Osun,Ogun and Ekiti and see backwardness at its finest ...trust me I was at Ilesa and was surprised! What about Okitipupa...try going to Abuja via road you will pass many SW villages and you ask what is going on
Traveling from Onitsha to Akure, nobody will tell you when you cross the boarder between Edo and Ondo. Dilapidated mud houses will welcome you as you approach Owo

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 9:56am On Apr 25, 2023
aieromon:

The results of the survey does not support this claim. You guys are looking at percentages which do not add up to 100% when you should be looking at the number of respondents.
So NBS that is part of the process doesn't have the figures from CBN

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by BloomingDale(f): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2023
sonature1:

You people need to slow down these tribal discussions on Nairaland and focus on our Nigerianness. You are not doing this platform any good. When stats favour you, you praise it but when it doesn't, you criticize it.

Seun, I think it's high time you targeted some accounts that promote ethnic profiling and banned them completely. That's one of the ways of cleaning up this forum.

He’s Igbo pretending to be from SS. Very foolish anyhow person.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by sonature1: 9:57am On Apr 25, 2023
BloomingDale:

There are Igbos in South South

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by AfonjaConehead: 9:57am On Apr 25, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

STFU!

This is the real shiit!
Ahhh let me come and be going o
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by BloomingDale(f): 9:58am On Apr 25, 2023
sonature1:

There are Igbos in South South

Igboid groups from the SS don’t talk like that. Moreover Igboid groups from the SS are a mixture of Edoid, Igboid and Ijoid.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by AfonjaConehead: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2023
BloomingDale:

I'm sure you must have equally accused me of being an Igbo pretending to be ss too.

I wonder how you guys are wired undecided

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Mindlog: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2023
Soccrates:
Yorubas are the richest,most educated tribe.

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

Going by JAMB's data which was verified and validated by the National Bureau of Statistics between 2011-2015, Imo state alone had 9,491 of her indigenes gaining admission to study Medicine in various Nigerian universities, Anambra State had about 7,500 of her indigenes gaining admission to study Medicine, then Enugu with 6,500 indigenes.

Those three states alone even without Abia and Ebonyi, had 23,491 of their indigenes gaining admission to study Medicine within those 5 years, far outpacing every other region......the Federal Government knows why they have always fixed the highest average cut-off mark for national common entrance exam on the igbos! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by FreeStuffsNG: 10:01am On Apr 25, 2023
post=122734418:

grin grin grin grin
You just confirmed it is a survey so is it that once again you do not understand what survey and sample size means?
The other time you were displaying ignorance on how shareholding structures of listed companies are interpreted and you went on arguing endlessly with ignorance as if you are a trader that did not go to formal school.

The data you seek to be able to conclude is with the CBN and not from a simple survey

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Obaaderemi2: 10:02am On Apr 25, 2023
sonature1:

Seun, I think it's high time you targeted some monikers that promote ethnic profiling and banned them completely. That's one of the ways of cleaning up this forum.
What nigerianess are you talking about? Were you not here when people said ibos will never be president of Nigeria? What Nigerianess? Let them talk o. If you have evidence to refute the data, brin am come.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What 2m Can Do To Fetch Good Returns On Weekly Basis / Profitclicking Clients: Can We Share Our Experience? / Can I Make 2M Naira Before The End Of The Year Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.