Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade (6729 Views)

We’re Ready To Be Aso Rock Sweepers, Miyetti Allah Begs Tinubu For Appointment / Osun Policemen Protest: 'Pay Us Our Salaries; Okada Riders Sleep With Our Wives' / Kogi Workers Jubilate As Yahaya Bello Pays Salaries Before Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by adenigga(m): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2023
Following the non-payment of their salaries, street sweepers in Calabar, Cross River State, on Tuesday, protested at the governor’s office.

“We are here to let the governor know that we have not been paid for four months. In 2015, they refused to pay us for six months and now they want to go with our four months’ salaries”, the women said through their 60-year-old leader, Madam Nkoyo Etim Effiong.

The sweepers made up of aged women carried out the protest in the presence of security operatives who tried frantically to break up the action.

Narrating their plight to newsmen, Effiong said they had not been paid for four months.

Effiong explained that some sweepers earned N5,000 while others earned N10,000.

“Those of us who are sweepers are paid differently. There are those who collect N5,000, N8,000 and N10,000 monthly. There are those we call “wreckers” and they collect N15,000 a month. We just want them to give us our money before they leave office,” she said.

Speaking about the risk involved in the job, another elderly woman, Emana Cobham, said, “By 4.30am, you must go to your duty post, sweep your portion, which is always a long stretch, before day breaks,” adding that many sweepers had been killed by motorists, some raped while others lost their phones and other valuables to robbers.
Source: https://punchng.com/Pay-our-salaries-before-you-leave-office-Cross-River-sweepers-tell-Ayade

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by BrotherFolake: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
😎

All these Governors that put Nigeria in this condition will never know peace

They must pay

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Hezzyluv: 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
grin
Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by yinkus6750(m): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2023
Oweing sweepers four months salary is the highest level of wickedness
People doing meagre jobs can't be well taken care of.
Fear politicians

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nawa oooo

1 Like

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Utty44(m): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ayade is a monumental and colossal disaster of a Governor always known for using humongous grammar to Christen all his yearly state Budget. For instance, "Budget of olympotic meristemasis" Budget of quabalistic densificaation", budget of kinetic crystalization etc.

Na Grammer we wan chop? Abeg pay salaries jor

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by inoki247: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
I don even forget say Ayade still dey Cross River where he go hide since all this days ....

The guy no get any Tears to donate to Cross River people again....

13 Likes

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by GoWithGood: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ayade is the worst thing that happened to Cross River. The sweepers should hold him by the blokos.

21 Likes

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by duduade: 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tomorrow now Baba go show on Channels TV crying that cross river State sweepers have refused to do their work

Fuuulish man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by donbachi(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
Let him pay oo.broom no be wetin dem dey take swear for person oo.

9 Likes

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by adenigga(m): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
Utty44:
Ayade is a monumental and colossal disaster of a Governor always known for using humongous grammar to Christen all his yearly state Budget. For instance, "Budget of olympotic meristemasis" Budget of quabalistic densificaation", budget of kinetic crystalization etc.

Na Grammer we wan chop? Abeg pay salaries jor
Yeeeee.........

6 Likes

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by nony43(m): 10:05am On Apr 26, 2023
Under Ayade the streets of Calabar turned to an eye soar.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by owiko(m): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2023
Ayada wey never pay state and local government workers for over two months, na street sweepers him go comot money pay? Two seconds, he will appear on a statewide TV broadcast, crying and begging crossriverians for forgiveness. Too much play in the name of governance in obodo naija

1 Like

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by BOLATINUBU01: 10:07am On Apr 26, 2023
How una go dey owe sweepers

5 Likes

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Nature33: 10:10am On Apr 26, 2023
All d enemies of dis country dat is maltreating
d masses, will all die of kidney failure dis
year.

1 Like

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 10:14am On Apr 26, 2023
hard for me to believe all this stories mehn.... how can one be owe 5months or 4months salary ?! I can't even be owed 1 and half month salary before I press the Button

3 Likes

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:19am On Apr 26, 2023
Over to Governor Ben Ayade.
Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by thaoriginator: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2023
Reminder grin
Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by AsomStructures: 10:26am On Apr 26, 2023
I don't subscribe to owing workers their pay..
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide
Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Risingblue008(m): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2023
Every labourer deserves he's/her pay
Why owing people working for you?
Why?
Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by FBS: 10:29am On Apr 26, 2023
What's the excuse for not paying salaries? I don't understand.
Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by NaijaHeadache: 10:30am On Apr 26, 2023
Ever wondered why, despite offering amazing goods or services, your sales page just isn't converting to sales? The answer may lie in one simple question - Who wrote your sales copy?

Introducing Wealth Dispensers Limited - the sales copywriting solution that will transform your website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and all other sales pages into sales generating machines!

At Wealth Dispensers Limited, we specialize in crafting persuasive and compelling sales copy that converts visitors into paying customers. Our team of expert copywriters have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results for businesses of all sizes and industries.

Don't settle for lackluster sales pages that fail to make an impact. Let Wealth Dispensers Limited elevate your sales game and help you achieve the success you deserve. Contact us today on Whatsapp via the number below to learn more about how we can help you boost your sales with our premium sales copywriting services.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Creamypie(m): 10:32am On Apr 26, 2023
They deserve to suffer. Ayada no pay them, make em get sense Vote in serious candidates next time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Jeamillz2020(m): 10:34am On Apr 26, 2023
you think you are doing something great ah you go cry tire your kids go suffer
Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by MasterShifu010(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2023
Nigeriaaa1960:
hard for me to believe all this stories mehn.... how can one be owe 5months or 4months salary ?! I can't even be owed 1 and half month salary before I press the Button

I swear salary earners are really trying , what pains me more is that , no matter how hard you work , your salary won’t increase just your bosses profit ..

1 Like

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Braun007: 10:49am On Apr 26, 2023
Come May 29th,my state will get to rest from this evil conman.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by BrickDevo: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2023
Even sweepers salaries they still embezzled, most politicians have no shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by Zendinho(m): 11:21am On Apr 26, 2023
[quote author=BrotherFolake post=122745155]😎

[b][color=orange]All these Governors that put Nigeria in this condition will never know peace

They must pay

Most times i just have to laugh seriously when this type of prayers is uttered to Nigerian politicians 🤣🤣
The same Nigerians that will be queuing during elections time to get peanut from the same politicians who don't have conscience at all.
Baba forget that thing, politicians will always get richer while the prayers will only be like water on top of a cock.
Re: ‘Pay Our Salaries Before You Leave Office’, Cross River Sweepers Tell Ayade by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:23am On Apr 26, 2023
Dirty state

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judiciary Under My Watch Won’t Be A Tool, CJN Vows / Buhari: I’ll Prioritise Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians’ Welfare Till 2023 / PDP Candidate Puts Peter Obi Picture In His Billboard In Delta (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.