Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,708 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:22 AM

Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' (33370 Views)

Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" / Amaechi Loses Ikwerre LGA To Wike As INEC Resumes Collation Of Rivers Results / Thugs Cart Away With Boxes In Ikwerre LGA Rivers State - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by NairaOcean: 4:08pm On May 23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRZ6QLcXWI

I Will Not Leave Office, Our Tenure Is Extended By My State Lawmakers – Ikwerre LGA Chairman, Samuel Nwanosike shocked

The Ikwerre LGA chairman, Hon Dr. Samuel Nwanosike, has reaffirmed his readiness to remain in office comes June 17, said the state lawmakers under Rt. Hon. Martin Amaghule has extended their official as a result of the inability of the state government to conduct the LGA chairman election in Rivers State.

In his two-minute video, the chairman said that he would remain in office since the state lawmakers asked him to remain.

Said Ikwerre Local Government Area will wait for anyone who dared to come and evict them.

This comes days after a Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt, the state capital, ruled that the tenure extensions of the 23 local government chairmen in the state are null and void.

I won’t vacate office on June 16, Rivers LG Chairman dares Fubara

The Chairman, Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State, Dr Samuel Nwanosike, has vowed not to vacate his office at the end of his tenure on June 16.

In a viral video circulated on Thursday, Nwanosike directly addressed the state governor, Siminalayi Fubara, stating his intention to remain in office beyond the stipulated date.

He cited an extension of tenure by state lawmakers under the leadership of Martin Amaghule as justification, due to the state government’s failure to conduct local government elections.

In the two-minute video, Nwanosike asserted that he would continue in his role based on the lawmakers’ directive.

He warned that the people of Ikwerre LG would resist any attempt to remove him from office.

He declared, “Let them come and try to remove me if they dare. The countdown begins—23 more days to go.”

Nwanosike also challenged those questioning the authority of Martin Amaewhule, stating, “Who are you to say Martin Amaewhule is not the Rivers House of Assembly Speaker?

“If Amaewhule declares that the governor’s failure to conduct local government elections means I should remain in office, then I will stay in office. This is the law in Rivers State.”

He further warned potential challengers, “We don’t wear jeans in Ikwerre Local Government. We wear white, we tie wrappers, we wear Ogbakata. Come and disobey the law, we will wait for you. The law of Nigeria is the law passed by Martin Amaewhule. If you have the courage, show your face.”

The chairman’s statements have sparked widespread reactions as the situation unfolds.

He added, “Who are you to say Martins Amaewhule is not the Rivers House of Assembly Speaker? If Amaewhule says that because the governor of Rivers State failed in his duty to conduct local government elections.

And that, I, Dr Nwanosike Samuel, whose tenure by the oath of office I took and the certificate of return I was issued when I contested my second tenure election should remain in office. So shall we remain in the office in Rivers State!

We are sending a message to those who are threatening them to wear their jeans – do like this, don’t do like that. We don’t wear jeans in Ikwere local government. We wear white, we tie wrapper we wear Ogbakata. Come and disobey the law, we will wait for you. The law of Nigeria is the law passed by Martin Amaewhule. If dem born you well, show your face. Thank you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/i-wont-vacate-office-on-june-16-rivers-lg-chairman-dares-fubara/%3famp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by fergie001: 4:11pm On May 23
I don't think he is aware of the court judgement.

281 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by christejames(m): 4:14pm On May 23
Fubara will just be laughing at your ignorance which is akin to that of the dipso in Abuja grin grin grin grin 😂 😂 😂 😂

256 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by Melagros(m): 4:18pm On May 23
COMRADES, Nwanosike you're a big clown. Even tyrant wike had already bowed to the court verdict, I don't understand what an ant like you is saying
Don't worry by the time you see the combined team of police and the army infront of the secretariat when your tenure expires nobody will tell you what to do

232 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by okeyley: 4:19pm On May 23
make that MOFO dey play

Rivers no be Lagos

179 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by PrinceofSarcasm: 4:20pm On May 23
christejames:
Fubara will just be laughing at your ignorance which is akin to that of the dipso in Abuja grin grin grin grin 😂 😂 😂 😂

No this is more akin to how shuaibu in Edo state was blowing hot then. He threatened and said more than this.
Empty barrels sound the loudest. grin

193 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by christejames(m): 4:21pm On May 23
PrinceofSarcasm:

No this is more akin to how shuaibu in Edo state was blowing hot then. He threatened and said more than this.
Empty barrels sound the loudest. grin

grin grin grin 😂 😂 😂

35 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by Gbogbowa: 4:22pm On May 23
He will soon learn the lessons of his life

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by Ensa777(f): 4:24pm On May 23
Career politicians.They don't know any other job except politics reason why they can kill to remain there.It us also why they are callous in making decisions.
If they have built businesses,they'd never be afraid to go back to it.
Let Wike employ you.

154 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by Mrexcell(m): 4:25pm On May 23
He looks and sounds like wike.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by Chinjo2: 4:26pm On May 23
Funny man. I expect Fubara to come out in full force against them.
He should give it to them fire for fire.

Fubara is the only Governor in the history of Nigeria that an ordinary local government chairman or a mere Commissioner will openly insult simply because they think they have the support of the president.

The president should be reminded that Fubara is an Ijaw man. If he doesn't caution Wike or play neutral, the problem will consume the whole of Nigeria and it will cripple oil production in the Niger Delta region.

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by lonelydora: 4:31pm On May 23
You can never find Nwanosike on the peaceful and honest side.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by YorubaForum: 4:43pm On May 23
Even Greedy_Wike has not won his own war of challenging a sitting governor, na this f**l that calls himself a local govt chairman, and even in weeks he will be a "former" for that matter grin

Maybe he have some skeletons that he's hiding in his office, let him better get out of there so a new chairman will look into all his previous appropriation of funds and embezzlements.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by CoronaVirusPro: 4:43pm On May 23

Fvck Fubara!

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by seanfer(m): 4:44pm On May 23
Samuel Nwanosike is thinking this is 2015 when Wike was ammending the LGA laws just for Wike to continue appointing him as Care-taker Chairman of Ikwerre LG more than 3 times and then contested subsequent elections.
You have been the Ikwerre LGA chairman since 2015 and here you are boasting as if that office is his birthright..
Fubara already told them all that if a fly is hurt because of them, they will face the full wrath of the law.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by LordofNaija: 5:00pm On May 23
Nwanosike, nosike inugo

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by slivertongue: 5:02pm On May 23
fergie001:
I don't think he is aware of the court judgement.

he is just ranting

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by vanitybutiwanti: 5:05pm On May 23
Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by vanitybutiwanti: 5:07pm On May 23

1 Like

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by Desyno: 5:14pm On May 23
Chinjo2:
Funny man. I expect Fubara to come out in full force against them.
He should give it to them fire for fire.

Fubara is the only Governor in the history of Nigeria that an ordinary local government chairman or a mere Commissioner will openly insult simply because they think they have the support of the president.

The president should be reminded that Fubara is an Ijaw man. If he doesn't caution Wike or play neutral, the problem will consume the whole of Nigeria and it will cripple oil production in the Niger Delta region.

Of all the problem Nigeria is facing, Fubara and Wike fight is now the one that will consume Nigeria. Dey deceive yourself.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by Tochj(m): 5:19pm On May 23
Na koboko Dem go use flog this one commot
Using security Officers na insult

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by vanitybutiwanti: 5:20pm On May 23

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by Tochj(m): 5:20pm On May 23
vanitybutiwanti:
A judgement will be issued on the 29th of May and in that judgement, all the security agencies will be instructed to work with the chairmen, I laugh when I read comments of non Rivers residents on social media, its reminds me of pro obi supporters during the build up to the election, the governor is not in charge of security in the state, I've taken note of your moniker, I'll call you out on the 29th
De play, even if Tinubu chose to side with Wike
Fubara can just starve him of funds
Any Local government official seen collecting any money will be beaten up

18 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by Tochj(m): 5:23pm On May 23
vanitybutiwanti:
Which security officers? What do you know?
I know more than you think

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by seanfer(m): 5:30pm On May 23
vanitybutiwanti:
A counter judgement will be issued by the high court in Abuja on the 29th of may, all the chairmen are not leaving their seats

Let's wait and see the Judge that will put his neck on such issue.
You people think if Wike can have his way by extending the LGA tenure will be a bad precedent for the country.
Other states will start emulating such acts.

15 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by vanitybutiwanti: 5:36pm On May 23
Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by vanitybutiwanti: 5:36pm On May 23
Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by vanitybutiwanti: 5:39pm On May 23

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by seanfer(m): 5:46pm On May 23
vanitybutiwanti:
Lol, let me give you a breakdown of what will happen on the 29th, bookmark my post, I'm on ground and I don't rely on comments from uninformed social media commenter, firstly on the 29th, the court of Appeal will affirm the 27 lawmakers as the authentic Rivers state House of assembly members, secondly a judgement will be issued from the High Court in Abuja, instructing the governor not to tamper with LGA funds and also giving validity to the tenure elongation since he has refused to conduct an election, I'm sure you're surprised? That's because empty barrel makes the loudest noise and fubara the empty barrel has been making a lot of noise, 21 out of 23 LGA Chairmen are not leaving the council on the 17th of June and nothing will happen, they will also be provided with adequate security from Abuja

Nice Satire.

9 Likes

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by ruggedtimi(m): 5:46pm On May 23
vanitybutiwanti:
Beaten up by who? Who is the signatory to the LGA account? Will the governor stop banks from disbursing funds to them especially when they have a court judgement backing their stay in office? The governor can only withhold FAAC, the LGA Chairmen will keep spending their IGR.

I don't know why you guys online feel te governor and his people have a monopoly of violence, so you think the other side of the divide do not have supporters, right? If you're in Rivers state, go to the council to challenge any of the 21 LGA Chairmen on the 18th
which bank will pay who money?? From where...LGA chairmen rely solely on State funds. How much is Ikwerre local govt IGR. if is Obio Akpor i can understand.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by vanitybutiwanti: 5:52pm On May 23
Re: Samuel Nwanosike, Ikwerre LGA Chairman Blows Hot - 'I Will Not Leave Office' by vanitybutiwanti: 5:52pm On May 23

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Demolish Costain, Jibowu Bridges For Lagos/ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line / We Won The Election And We Will Prove It — Peter Obi Reaffirms / Re: President Jonathan Accused Of Falsifying His Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.