Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal (59726 Views)

2023 Elections: Appeal Court Slams INEC, Says It Acted Irresponsibly / ‘Your Action Hypocritical’ – Labour Party Criticizes Wike For Backing Tinubu / PDP Slams INEC's Decision To Extend Deadline For Party Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Epistasis(m): 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2023
ufotunang:
.. and why can't APC and Tinubu win election free and fair
Who told you that the election was not free and fair?
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by IfnobeGod20: 2:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
tsdarkside:

inec is defendin their mandate to hold elections....
if inec says somebody won its definitive....

actualy its inec you are against and not tinubu now....
if inec tells the court that tinubu won,then who do you think the court will listen to....??

how do you want to prove that inec helped apc in this case....
the other thing that could happen is rerun what obi would loose again....

because people would not be happy with obi for puttin them through this stress again....
I think you're missing the point here. INEC can defend the votes cast, that they rely on the votes collated to make declaration but on the issue of 25% at FCT, INEC should have asked tribunal to help in the interpretation but not to be seen taking side with APC. Their taken side has shown, they have a hidden agenda.
The court will only listen to INEC on fact and figure and not just mere words. If court often listen to them, tribunal would not for once upturn any election because whatever they say would have been final.
On issue of rerun. How are you sure rerun will favour Tinubu and disfavour Atiku or Obi? Do you think many people are happy that APC won the election? For you information those that are against APC and refuse to say anything are more than those that are making noise everywhere. You will be shocked to your bone marrow when a rerun happened.
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by tsdarkside(m): 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

I think you're missing the point here. INEC can defend the votes cast, that they rely on the votes collated to make declaration but on the issue of 25% at FCT, INEC should have asked tribunal to help in the interpretation but not to be seen taking side with APC. Their taken side has shown, they have a hidden agenda.
The court will only listen to INEC on fact and figure and not just mere words. If court often listen to them, tribunal would not for once upturn any election because whatever they say would have been final.
On issue of rerun. How are you sure rerun will favour Tinubu and disfavour Atiku or Obi? Do you think many people are happy that APC won the election? For you information those that are against APC and refuse to say anything are more than those that are making noise everywhere. You will be shocked to your bone marrow when a rerun happened.

spare me your blabla....am not a lawyer....tinubu won most votes in the entire nigeria....
this is what courts would consider....

then its rerun then....
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by tsdarkside(m): 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2023
Epistasis:

no min them....let them push for rerun....
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Realestatevixen: 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jerryherd:
cool

Dey sleep...

Dey play....

You filed a motion with INEC and APC as respondent and they responded, same thing happened in Osun tribunals and INEC defense led to Adeleke's victory... At this point it's best to ignore 3rd class Philosophy graduate Obi and his bunch of miscreants

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu SouthWest Yoruba

VicePresident Kashim Shetima NorthEast Kanuri

Senate President Akpabio Goodswill SouthSouth AkwaCross Ibibio

Speaker of house Hon Wase NorthCentral Plateau Hausa

Deputy Senate President NorthWest Kaduna

Deputy Speaker SouthSouth

CJN Justice Ariwoola SouthWest

You can dream sha, continue!!!
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by sweetgala(m): 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
casualobserver:
This Obi is a dunce? You sued INEC, you joined them in a suit how can they be “neutral” when they are a defendant?

The matter tire me , it's like asking me to tie my hands behind my back so you can repeatedly punch me in the face.

INEC has to defend respond to the suit for justice to be done.
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Jerryherd: 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2023
Realestatevixen:

You can dream sha, continue!!!

Oya no vex.. Ibo Senate President and Speaker

🤭🤭
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by SmartyPants(m): 3:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, it is not enough to write good sentences or good English, you must also know what the law of the land is saying.
Please what concerns INEC with the eligibility of any candidate? It is the responsibility of political party to cross check and find out if a candidate they are fielding is eligible or not. INEC doesn't screen candidate and cannot reject candidate, that has been settled in court. Their only assignment is the conduct of an election and no more.
So, if a case is filed in court against a winner of an election and it raises concern on the eligibility of the candidate so declared, nothing concern INEC with such prayer, the prayer is meant for the winner political party and the candidate to react to it.
The only issue that concern INEC is how its conduct the election, that bothers on the result. Anything outside of it is tantamount to grandstanding and partiality.

Funny how you didn't quote a single law of the land.

Now listen: INEC applies both the Electoral ACT and the Constitution. It is bound to and by both. Now under Section 84 (3) of the Electoral Act, INEC participates in the nomination process by ensuring that certain sections of the Constitution are upheld. Specifically, with respect to the present issue, Section 131 (and 137) of the Constitution imposes certain minimum criteria, which, while INEC generally maintains an unobtrusive posture, it is bound to ensure that parties observe.

This is why candidates must submit their particulars and educational credentials to INEC prior to the elections. Are you not aware that such a screening and validation exercise took place prior to the election?

Now, I haven't even said that INEC must prove this aspect of the case. What I've said is:

1: The petition is one and the parties are equally joined wholly and not separately. This means INEC does have a duty/privilege to respond to any issues raised, in order to prevent the elections from being overturned;

2. That INEC is in a position to give evidence as to the qualification of candidates, either as a party interested in proceedings or as a party that partook/oversaw a critical element of the nomination process. That is, even if INEC was not a party to the suit, it could easily be involved as Amicus. As it stands, it is a party to the suit.
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by diggindeep: 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
Olodo

You think everybody is an alare like you and your drug puffing daddy.

My father is way healthier and unlike you, my health is perfect.

😂

Epistasis:

Coming from a person who believes Buhari will die before the end of his tenure. Your father at Tinubu's age is already using walking stick. Our health is in the hand of God and it's stupid to make mockery of people based on their health status. Don't you have one ailment or the other that you are battling with?. Radarada!
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Epistasis(m): 4:36pm On Apr 26, 2023
diggindeep:
Olodo

You think everybody is an alare like you and your drug puffing daddy.

My father is way healthier and unlike you, my health is perfect.

😂

E pain am.... oinnnn 😂
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by ufotunang: 4:46pm On Apr 26, 2023
Epistasis:

.. where was it free and fair.. where INEC refused to transmit results directly from the polling units to the INEC IREV server and they had to count, collate results manually tand manipulate the presidential results to favour tinubu and APC
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Epistasis(m): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
ufotunang:
.. where was it free and fair.. where INEC refused to transmit results directly from the polling units to the INEC IREV server and they had to count, collate results manually tand manipulate the presidential results to favour tinubu and APC
And so... Ellu P senators and House of Reps member didn't reject their certificate of return because of the unfair nature of the elections.
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by ufotunang: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2023
Epistasis:

And so... Ellu P senators and House of Reps member didn't reject their certificate of return because of the unfair nature of the elections.
..many parties won Senate and House of reps election ...not only labour party....I am talking of the presidential election that needs only one winner one presidential candidate to win in which APC manipulated the results to win the presidential election
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Epistasis(m): 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2023
ufotunang:
..many parties won Senate and House of reps election ...not only labour party....I am talking of the presidential election that needs only one winner one presidential candidate to win in which APC manipulated the results to win the presidential election

We are still saying the same thing. But you can't deem some fair, others unfair.

Moreover, the elections in states where Ellu P won, were they uploaded immediately to the INEC server?, No. So why is the election in those area fair but the states the party lost were not free and fair....same election, same umpire!!!
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Pepperdem88: 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2023
Peacemaker5128:
This Peter Pand0ra obituary is a fool
Tinubu the criminal election thief is a BIG BIGGEST FOOL.
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Realestatevixen: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jerryherd:

Oya no vex.. Ibo Senate President and Speaker

🤭🤭

Lol 😆 na you sabi
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by lawbabs: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2023
Paperwhite:
See how shameless INEC has become in this dispensation?

Are you normal? You joined INEC into a case, you accused INEC of not folllowing process, and you expect them not to back their conduct of the election. You expect INEC to say they didn’t do well? How did Peter Obi bring you guys into idiocy?
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by lawbabs: 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
casualobserver:
This Obi is a dunce? You sued INEC, you joined them in a suit how can they be “neutral” when they are a defendant?

As in, I am beginning to even question his source of wealth. You know why? He is too shallow to be in control of billions. That guy thinks like a secondary school dropout.
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Yenny4real(f): 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Why is Mahmud Yakubu behaving as if he is a member of APC and as if he as a personal fight with Peter Obi. Definitely, INEC does not know his responsibility as an electoral empire.
why did you like thinking from your anus? Same INEC Obidient and OBI has been laying curse on that he lied, if INEC didn't support Tinubu that they declared winner how would they be vindicate that they actually did fre and fare election? You people should stop been childish, Tinubu does not declared himself INEC did and same OBI said is challenging the process that declared Tinubu the winner. So think well and stop displaying how daft you are
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by drewxx88(m): 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2023
Tzar:
If your assertions are correct I absolutely agree that they should contest the results of the election in court.
But, I don’t think anybody in their right mind will go to court and inflict self injury by justifying incompetence raised against them. You will expect them to use every means to justify their competence and defending the position of the winner of the election they superintend over is one of it.

since you have put it that, way then I am forced to agree with you ,it makes a lot of sense as inec too would not want to look silly whew, the tribunals will be fun once they commence.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by anochuko01(m): 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
Epistasis:

He won fair and square...
Wail till 2031, by then the presidency returns to the north!

Lol
Broods of scorpions and vipers
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by diggindeep: 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2023
Epistasis:

E pain am.... oinnnn 😂

E sweet me, e pain you... 😂
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Epistasis(m): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2023
anochuko01:

Lol
Broods of scorpions and vipers

A headless mob on the loose!
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Mickykarim: 1:09am On Apr 27, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

You.Karim.Yes.
I am not sure you are okay.
You are a confirmed daft. tongue

GOOD AND FINE BY ME THAT YOU FOUND ME A WORTHY UMPIRE.

I thank you for the confidence.
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by ogelekpomgam(m): 8:10am On Apr 27, 2023
Mickykarim:

You are welcome. grin
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by ogelekpomgam(m): 8:10am On Apr 27, 2023
Mickykarim:

You are welcome. Mpi. grin
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Mickykarim: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

You are welcome. Mpi. grin

I REMAIN WITH MY HEAD HELD PREETY HIGH.

While your INFIRM laughter on a digital page speaks volume of you.
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by Babinski: 6:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Why is Mahmud Yakubu behaving as if he is a member of APC and as if he as a personal fight with Peter Obi. Definitely, INEC does not know his responsibility as an electoral empire.

If you are a co-respondent or co-defendant in any case before a Court or Tribunal, you cannot afford to be neutral again. I am surprised that Peter Obi is expecting INEC that he has sued along with APC and Tinubu to the Tribunal to be neutral. INEC will definitely want to defend their results and consequently defend Tinubu and the APC victory.
Re: Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal by tammie24: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2023
SmartyPants:

Lol.

Obi and LP sued INEC. The role of INEC as an impartial arbiter has therefore subsided. Now they are in Court at the behest of Obi and are expected to defend themselves, or risk admitting his allegations--which are pretty serious.

What more do you want?
lol
I love this response

He expects INEC to say nothing or admit to the allegations and indict themselves

What a slowpoke

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Weeps At Isiaka Adeleke's Grave In Osun. Photos / Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Removal Of Lekki Second Roundabout (Pictures) / Checkout These Pics Of Buhari, Zuma, Osinbajo And Wife At The Inauguration Lunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.