Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. (1188 Views)

My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces / Bored In Marriage / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by SpaceXR: 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good evening everyone. Trust your day was great.
Please I need advice or suggestions. Got my brothers two daughters living with me and my wife. They are gonna stay awhile. We are living a very private life here. We don't go outside gate. After work, me and my wife stays in. This kids got to play a lot when they were with my brother but that not happening here. Like right now, after dinner, they are just sitting down folding their hands, just sitting, doing nothing. So I'm thinking of what I can get for them to play with till they goes to bed.
Please someone should suggest for me. Can't watch them just sitting for three hours, just sitting because we eat our dinner by 6:30, goes to bed by 9:30.
Thanks everyone.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by swaley: 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
How old are your nieces?

1 Like

Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Blackdeewhy(m): 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
Get them:
1. Affordable I-pads
2. Story books
3. On cartoon network
4. Buy toys
5. Allow them to play outside
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
a different activity each day of the week:

- educative board games
- painting/drawing etc
- help cleaning the house
- help cooking dinner
- help with school lessons (math/English etc)
- professor teaching a new language
- professor teaching a musical instrument

3 Likes

Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
swaley:
How old are your nieces?
Why are you asking for their age Oloko give away
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Ihateheadslamer: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
I hate to interfere on people's choice of life
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by garriAndsugar: 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Very important question for sensible people but you aren't one

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Very important question for sensible people but you aren't one
Says a loser. Tinubu in your faces till 2021. Come and force me to stop supporting him let me see.

1 Like

Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Ihateheadslamer: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
Take your ignorance to the politics section tongue
IyaebeTheGreat:
Says a loser. Tinubu in your faces till 2021. Come and force me to stop supporting him let me see.

5 Likes

Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by SpaceXR: 8:51pm On Apr 25, 2023
swaley:
How old are your nieces?
12 and 8 years respectively.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by SpaceXR: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
a different activity each day of the week:

- educative board games
- painting/drawing etc
- help cleaning the house
- help cooking dinner
- help with school lessons (math/English etc)
- professor teaching a new language
- professor teaching a musical instrument

Thanks so much. They got things doing during the day but after dinner is when they sit idle, doing nothing. Before they got a break from their school, there are a lot of activities for them after school ( home work, assignment and all that ) but same thing still happens after dinner. After dinner is only when they don't do a thing. Though I got to noticed this now when electricity was bad, for about 5 days now, no light so I do not put on TV from 6 upward so as to save the battery ( solar ) to power the house till the next morning.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
SpaceXR:

Thanks so much. They got things doing during the day but after dinner is when they sit idle, doing nothing. Before they got a break from their school, there are a lot of activities for them after school ( home work, assignment and all that ) but same thing still happens after dinner. After dinner is only when they don't do a thing. Though I got to noticed this now when electricity was bad, for about 5 days now, no light so I do not put on TV from 6 upward so as to save the battery ( solar ) to power the house till the next morning.
Una no get graphic novels to read? Dem no fit go library go borrow books read ? undecided
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by SpaceXR: 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
Blackdeewhy:
Get them:
1. Affordable I-pads
2. Story books
3. On cartoon network
4. Buy toys
5. Allow them to play outside
Thanks my sister. My house is gated. And all other houses, no kid play outside. They got to do things during the day. Put water on flowers, runs round the house, the older one teaches the younger one and TV but after dinner which we usually eat by 6:30. They do nothing till we goes to bed. I mean just sitting down doing nothing. I'm gonna go with what you have suggested..thanks once again.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by SpaceXR: 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Una no get graphic novels to read? Dem no fit go library go borrow books read ? undecided
I can get them one.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Nazgul: 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
SpaceXR:
Please I need advice or suggestions. Got my brothers two daughters living with me and my wife. They are gonna stay awhile. We are living a very private life here. We don't go outside gate. After work, me and my wife stays in. This kids got to play a lot when they were with my brother but that not happening here. Like right now, after dinner, they are just sitting down folding their hands, just sitting, doing nothing. So I'm thinking of what I can get for them to play with till they goes to bed.
Please someone should suggest for me. Can't watch them just sitting for three hours, just sitting because we eat our dinner by 6:30, goes to bed by 9:30.
Thanks everyone.
If you don't have cable TV like DStv, gotv and the likes, get one for them. They'll definitely find a particular program irresistible. That should relieve them of the boredom.

Alternatively, you can take the whole family out for picnics on weekends and have fun in whatever way you feel.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Acidosis(m): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
LMAO grin grin I can relate sha
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
SpaceXR:

I can get them one.
If una get library around, that would turn out a lot cheaper depending on how long they will be staying. undecided
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by vincenteger: 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
I saw on the front page something about parenting and technology or so
I think you should look for it. You will likely learn one or two

You should avoid giving them gadget or something relating to that so that when they go back they won't start asking their parents for it.. but rather buy them books or educative stuff that they can go back with after their stay.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by SpaceXR: 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nazgul:

If you don't have cable TV like DStv, gotv and the likes, get one for them. They'll definitely find a particular program irresistible. That should relieve them of the boredom.

Alternatively, you can take the whole family out for picnics on weekends and have fun in whatever way you feel.
Alright thanks for your contribution.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by SpaceXR: 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
vincenteger:
I saw on the front page something about parenting and technology or so
I think you should look for it. You will likely learn one or two

You should avoid giving them gadget or something relating to that so that when they go back they won't start asking their parents for it.. but rather buy them books or educative stuff that they can go back with after their stay.
Ok thanks so much.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
SpaceXR:

Ok thanks so much.
Something else you could do is purchase drawing pad, pencil and crayon and ask them to draw their own graphic novels after reading a couple of them for themselves. Spark their creativity. undecided

Also, consider engaging them in container or sack gardening in the back yard. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by garriAndsugar: 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If una get library around, that would turn out a lot cheaper depending on how long they will be staying. undecided
i know day you no dey Naija but why you dey do like say you no know say library no dey? grin

1 Like

Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Foodqueen(f): 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nothing to do since there is no light.

Let them go to their room, they will gist till they fall asleep.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
garriAndsugar:

i know day you no dey Naija but why you dey do like say you no know say library no dey? grin
Library dey for even Ikorodu - Towards ebute areas - back when me sef dey grow up for naija. So Why library no go dey again? undecided
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by garriAndsugar: 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Library dey back when me sef dey grow up for naija. So Why library no go dey again? undecided
That was then
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
garriAndsugar:

That was then
Then when? Why una destroy libraries? undecided
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by Karleb(m): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
Why not just walk them around for an hour before bed? undecided
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by IrawoKross: 11:01pm On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Mynd44, OAM4J, Justwise Seun rule number 2
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by frozen70(f): 11:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
SpaceXR:
Thanks everyone.

You can get an iPad with home internet connection for them to browse about educational things

They can link up on U-lesson for online teaching

You can subscribe on pay TV for them to watch stations if there is steady light

You can get bicycle for them to drive round the compound if there is space

When you register them for schooling, let them join lessons in school that will carry them till 5pm when you guys will be back home

By the time they get home had their dinner, the next thing is sleeping straight to bed
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by swaley: 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
SpaceXR:

12 and 8 years respectively.
well maybe you can get board games like chess or scrabble to sharpen their minds since they still young

1 Like

Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by 9japride(m): 12:14am On Apr 26, 2023
Try get dstv or gotv for them to entertain themselves. In addiction, you guys should visit shopright or other big shopping mall just to look around. Please don't infect them with your reserve kind of life. Try to have fun. When one hustle well, it's nice to enjoy the money by exploring things outside.
Re: My Nieces Are Feeling Bored. by 1Sharon(f): 3:09am On Apr 26, 2023
Why is your brother not looking after his own children? This is how it starts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Love All In Marriage? / A Cry For Tondo! / How Do You Treat An Absconded Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.