Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Video Game Developers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Video Game Developers (1309 Views)

Are there no Game Developers in Nigeria??? / Oppurnity For Game Developers In Africa / Unity3d Developers / Game Developers Showcase What You Are Working On....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 12:37am On Apr 26, 2023
Do we have Video Game Developers here on Nairaland?? I've been working on my FPS and a bunch of other games lately.

Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 12:40am On Apr 26, 2023
More Screenshots

1 Like

Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 12:48am On Apr 26, 2023
If you want to see actual gameplay footage kindly quote.

Game was made with Unity Engine.

Re: Video Game Developers by LikeAking: 2:16am On Apr 26, 2023
Nice work OP.

I started as a game dev and 3d models + animator.

Actually I started with animation, before I moved to game dev with unity using the Java language...

It's was a tideos and amazing routine, untill I lost my job and source of livelyhood.

I later became so broke, I had to sell my lapi to invest in other biz...

That's how my game dev and etc ended..

Good luck..
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 6:29am On Apr 27, 2023
LikeAking:
Nice work OP.

Actually I started with animation, before I moved to game dev with unity using the Java language...

It's was a tideos and amazing routine, untill I lost my job and source of livelyhood.

Good luck..

Haah so sorry about that . This is just my hobby, I have other things I do that pay my bills. But I'll definitely use this to hammer.

One Advice "Never Give Up"
Re: Video Game Developers by Ayodele951(m): 7:47am On Apr 27, 2023
How can I get started?
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ayodele951:
How can I get started?

Download Unity 3d with all settings and learn from YouTube, Udemy or learn.unity.com
Re: Video Game Developers by Lifeomann(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
CirocBoi:
Do we have Video Game Developers here on Nairaland?? I've been working on my FPS and a bunch of other games lately.
Which engine are you using
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
Lifeomann:

Which engine are you using

Unity(URP)
Re: Video Game Developers by Lifeomann(m): 9:08am On Apr 29, 2023
CirocBoi:

Unity(URP)
Can I make games like mortal kombat using unity
Re: Video Game Developers by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2023
I started with C/C++ and sfml, sdl and raylib then moved to js for web games and lua .
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2023
Lifeomann:

Yes if your skill set is animation with blender or or 3dmax or Maya and C# programming which is in the scripting .it is better to use blender because it is Free to use .
it will cost you more if you have multiplayer
game using photon or any server in unity you have to pay in USD to cut down cost offline version is cheaper.
Re: Video Game Developers by TheJourneyMan: 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2023
LikeAking:
Nice work OP.

Good luck..

Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
TheJourneyMan:
unity with java? Is it not more of C#

I was also confused when I saw java.
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Yes if your skill set is animation with blender or or 3dmax or Maya and C# programming which is in the scripting .it is better to use blender because it is Free to use .
game using photon or any server in unity you have to pay in USD to cut down cost offline version is cheaper.

He can't make a game like mortal Kombat, maybe watered down version. But it will take him months and lots of money.
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
Lifeomann:

Very possible if you have the resources.
Re: Video Game Developers by TheJourneyMan: 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
CirocBoi:

I was also confused when I saw java.
Re: Video Game Developers by Lifeomann(m): 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Thanks a bunch
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2023
CirocBoi:

He can't make a game like mortal Kombat, maybe watered down version. But it will take him months and lots of money.

Game development takes lots of time . Are you on telegram and do you use unreal engine .
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Game development takes lots of time . Are you on telegram and do you use unreal engine I have some asian RPGgame code.

I have unreal engine, but I've not used it. I want to master unity. I have telegram. I'll send you my number
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2023
CirocBoi:

I have unreal engine, but I've not used it. I want to master unity. I have telegram. I'll send you my number
I can search your telegram username and find your profile
Re: Video Game Developers by LikeAking: 1:27am On Apr 30, 2023
TheJourneyMan:
unity with java? Is it not more of C#

You can select between the two languages..

JAVA AND C
Re: Video Game Developers by TheJourneyMan: 7:46am On Apr 30, 2023
LikeAking:

You can select between the two languages..

JAVA AND C
Re: Video Game Developers by Sheriman(m): 9:50am On Apr 30, 2023
LikeAking:
Nice work OP.

Good luck..

I'm so sorry for your story. This country can kill talent and dream. So how are you doing now??
Anything gaming devs or 3D Animation is capital intensive. If someone does not come from a rich home it will be difficult to scale through.
Expensive gadgets to render 3D Animation scene character.
Internet Data
Electricity Power shortage
Family pressure
Noisy neighborhood

1 Like

Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2023
Sheriman:

I'm so sorry for your story. This country can kill talent and dream. So how are you doing now??
Anything gaming devs or 3D Animation is capital intensive. If someone does not come from a rich home it will be difficult to scale through.
Expensive gadgets to render 3D Animation scene character.
Internet Data

Nigeria has a long way to go so sad. I saw some Nigeria 3d cartoon animators all the video on YouTube is less than 10 minutes because they don't have Nvidia or AMD GPU for rendering it to longer time frame like 1 to 2 hours+ .
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 11:00am On Apr 30, 2023
Alphabyte2:

I can search your telegram username and find your profile

@Zamtejada
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 11:02am On Apr 30, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Nigeria has a long way to go so sad. I saw some Nigeria 3d cartoon animators all the video on YouTube is less than 10 minutes because they don't have Nvidia or AMD GPU for rendering it to longer time frame like 1 to 2 hours+ .

They prefer food content and skit lol to tech in this Naija
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2023
CirocBoi:

They prefer food content and skit lol to tech in this Naija

Content skit creator are multimillionaires in Nigeria while game developers and 3d animators struggle day and night to release content with lesser views .
Re: Video Game Developers by Lemos14: 11:58am On Apr 30, 2023
CirocBoi:
If you want to see actual gameplay footage kindly quote.

Game was made with Unity Engine.

Wow unity has always been good from day one
Re: Video Game Developers by TheJourneyMan: 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
V
Re: Video Game Developers by LikeAking: 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2023
TheJourneyMan:
liar grin grin just admit that you lied, java is not even used to build games on mainstream not to talk of being used in unity game engine...

unity game engine is pretty much C# lang not C or java you can't choose.

If you want to code your own game ROM with your own game SDK for your own target gaming device? Then C lang is a good place to start.

Many of us have been in the coding profession since lord knows when but we don't make noise like some of you guys here.

Small pikin...

I stopped game dev, etc in 2015..
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 10:17pm On May 13, 2023
I don't think Nigeria has a game studio with motion capture software and suits to create games like god of war ,halo6 , star and star war realistic game with game engine like unity or unreal . Most game don't design the fight combination from scratch they use motions capture especially big game projects

Advantages of motion capture

1. Low latency, close to real time results can be obtained. In entertainment applications this can reduce the costs of keyframe-based animation.

2. The amount of animation data that can be produced within a given time is extremely large when compared to traditional animation techniques.

Disadvantages of motion capture

The cost of the software, equipment and personnel required can be for small productions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Embedded Programming / My Hard Drive Is Dying. The 303 Has Struck! / Have You Ever Developed A Website For Someone Without Accessing Their Cpanel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.