Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Video Game Developers - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Video Game Developers (1418 Views)

Are there no Game Developers in Nigeria??? / Oppurnity For Game Developers In Africa / Unity3d Developers / Game Developers Showcase What You Are Working On....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 11:15am On May 15, 2023
There's motion caption animation you can use for basic games, but MOcap is very very important, not just for gaming as well as animation and movie industry
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2023
Alphabyte2:
I don't think Nigeria has a game studio with motion capture software and suits to create games like god of war ,halo6 , star and star war realistic game with game engine like unity or unreal . Most game don't design the fight combination from scratch they use motions capture especially big game projects

Advantages of motion capture

1. Low latency, close to real time results can be obtained. In entertainment applications this can reduce the costs of keyframe-based animation.

2. The amount of animation data that can be produced within a given time is extremely large when compared to traditional animation techniques.

Disadvantages of motion capture

The cost of the software, equipment and personnel required can be for small productions.

There's motion caption assets you can use for basic games, but MOcap is very very important, not just for gaming as well as animation and movie industry
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 4:37pm On May 15, 2023
CirocBoi:

There's motion caption assets you can use for basic games, but MOcap is very very important, not just for gaming as well as animation and movie industry

Yes ,very important in the industry African game developers and game studios need collaboration to match with global standard.

1 Like

Re: Video Game Developers by Sheriman(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Nigeria has a long way to go so sad. I saw some Nigeria 3d cartoon animators all the video on YouTube is less than 10 minutes because they don't have Nvidia or AMD GPU for rendering it to longer time frame like 1 to 2 hours+ .
Abii what can dey do?? No sponsor no funds for them that is the reason why many goes to UX design and web development those career are cheap to start
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 2:35pm On May 16, 2023
Sheriman:

Abii what can dey do?? No sponsor no funds for them that is the reason why many goes to UX design and web development those career are cheap to start

no cap
Re: Video Game Developers by DVLoger: 9:55pm On May 18, 2023
Re: Video Game Developers by DVLoger: 10:26pm On May 18, 2023
CirocBoi:
There's motion caption animation you can use for basic games, but MOcap is very very important, not just for gaming as well as animation and movie industry

Pls I need some1 who can help create cartoon video animation for my book.
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 6:33am On May 19, 2023
DVLoger:

Pls I need some1 who can help create cartoon video animation for my book.

I'm confused, you mean cartoon art?
Re: Video Game Developers by DVLoger: 6:15am On May 20, 2023
CirocBoi:

I'm confused, you mean cartoon art?

I av some children story book, I would like to create animated video for.
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 7:35am On May 20, 2023
DVLoger:

I av some children story book, I would like to create animated video for.

Ohhh, I don't do animation. But you can actually use krita to do that
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 10:31am On May 20, 2023
To create a cartoon in Blender, you would need to follow these general steps

Modeling

UV Unwrapping

Rigging

Painting and Texturing

Animating

lighting

Rendering

post production like adding voice over and video editing for final released.Export your final animation in a suitable format for distribution.

It will cost $50k-400k depending if it is 2d or 3d.For 2d you can use Moho which is easier than blender, Maya ,3dmax and zbrush which is in 3d animation.
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 12:20pm On May 20, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Modeling

UV Unwrapping

Rigging

Painting and Texturing

Animating

lighting

Rendering

post production like adding voice over and video editing for final released.Export your final animation in a suitable format for distribution.

It will cost $50k-400k depending if it is 2d or 3d.For 2d you can use Moho which is easier than blender, Maya ,3dmax and zbrush which is in 3d animation.

Lol even with a pro course from Coursera it would take him months to learn blender. Easier said than done . Also he would need a very powerful PC
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 1:01pm On May 20, 2023
CirocBoi:

Lol even with a pro course from Coursera it would take him months to learn blender. Easier said than done . Also he would need a very powerful PC

Animation takes lots of time to build and learn . Someone I know did a simple 2d animation with MOHO in 3 months . It will take months or years to create full fledged cartoon depending on the resolution, framerates and complexity of animation that the will determine the size of the rendering. You need money to fund your tool and graphic card about 16GB or 32 RAM using 1TB SDD/HDD.
If you Lack patient the career is not for you .
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 1:05pm On May 20, 2023
Sony the owner of playstation is already ahead with HDR (high dynamic range display) game mode which is the best resolution ever
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 8:38pm On May 20, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Animation takes lots of time to build and learn . Someone I know someone who did a simple 2d animation with MOHO in 3 months . It will take months or years to create full fledged cartoon depending on the resolution, framerates and complexity of animation that the will determine the size of the rendering. You need money to fund your tool and graphic card about 16GB or 32 RAM using 1TB SDD/HDD.
If you Lack patient the career is not for you .

NO CAP
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 3:44pm On May 21, 2023
CirocBoi:

NO CAP

In Nigeria ecosystem fewer game developer Jobs because of low revenue. If you want to become successful your target should be abroad. Low earnings from ads or inapp-purchase if you can't promote it because of the competition Only few games becomes successful.
Re: Video Game Developers by CirocBoi(m): 4:18pm On May 21, 2023
Alphabyte2:

In Nigeria ecosystem fewer game developer Jobs because of low revenue. If you want to become successful your target should be abroad. Low earnings from ads or inapp-purchase if you can't promote it because of the competition Only few games becomes successful.

No lies, but you have to promote it heavily
Re: Video Game Developers by DVLoger: 5:29pm On May 21, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Modeling

UV Unwrapping

Rigging

Painting and Texturing

Animating

lighting

Rendering

Pls, can u handle d animation work , let me contact u directly ? ?
Re: Video Game Developers by Alphabyte2: 9:32pm On May 21, 2023
DVLoger:

Pls, can u handle d animation work , let me contact u directly ? ?

I don't do animation I just have basic knowledge about it . Hire someone from Fiverr or Upwork and negotiate the price , storyline and your sketchbook. Give them some time to build it .
Re: Video Game Developers by larryking78(m): 3:05am On Jun 22, 2023
If anyone require mentorship in 3D Blender animation and modelling I can be your mentor . I have 5 years experience in Blender.
Re: Video Game Developers by Rotepim: 7:49am On May 10
Good day,

Looking for someone that can help to make 3d models for simple equipments at a fee.

Condition is you must have access to a Nigerian bank for payment.

You can mail me:

visitrotimi@gmail.com

WhatsApp: o8o-3493-7287

(1) (2) (Reply)

Software Programming Write / Java & .net Fighters Read This Blogs / Php Error - Any Gist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.