Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities (19993 Views)

Governor Umahi Sacks Aides 48 Hours After Election / Governor Umahi Sacks Appointees From Anyim's Ivo LGA / Governor Umahi Sacks 1,800 Aides, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Islie: 9:09am On Apr 26, 2023
“I retired a permanent secretary in the Ebonyi civil service prematurely because the official could not calculate civil servants’ gratuities.’’

I retired a permanent secretary in the Ebonyi civil service prematurely because the official could not calculate civil servants’ gratuities,’’ Governor David Umahi said on Tuesday in Abakaliki.

Mr Umahi made the declaration while swearing in new permanent secretaries and members of the state’s Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission.

The deputy governor asked me to reverse the decision, but I declined, and that will be his first request that I am not granting in the eight years that he has been deputy governor. You can still give me the elements which make up the gratuity even if you don’t know how to calculate it,’’ said the Ebonyi governor.

Mr Umahi said, however, that he might reverse the decision and urged the newly sworn-in officials to read widely.

The governor noted that the civil servants’ gratuity issue in Ebonyi was worrisome. According to him, permanent secretaries in Ebonyi are among the best in the country.

He urged them to maintain the standard.

We have raised a standard in Ebonyi that makes us compete with the best in the world. Anyone who fails to meet the standard will be asked whether or not he comes from Ebonyi,” added Mr Umahi. “Set examinations for yourselves on performance because Ebonyi should not be your limits in exposure and proficiency.”

He explained that the theory that “helped me, which should also help you, is to regard public duties or services as your personal business.”

The governor stressed that he diligently understudied the Israelis, and it helped him to attain engineering proficiency.

“I was tutored in an Israeli firm in 1987 on a monthly salary of N650. I listened to my mentors, and though I have just a first degree in engineering, I can debate favourably with a professor in the field,’’ he said.

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/umahi-sacks-permanent-secretary-who-cant-calculate-gratuities/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by sonature1: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2023
Dave Umahi was one of the best things that happened to Nigeria! I wish he went for a ministerial appointment (preferably minster of works) instead of the senate.

He would have shown Nigerians how to build world-class Infrastructural projects with so little, unlike Fashola who's always looking for ways to hike the price of projects. Yes, I wrote this with my full chest!

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by IrawoKross: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2023
Another flimsy excuse from the multi colored governor.

APC and those in the party are bunch of failures.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Tntsi: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2023
If umahi sacks PS who can't calculate gratuities, what is yakubu mahood still doing in INEC?

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by PUSSYHOE(m): 9:12am On Apr 26, 2023
I guess the person is not permanent after all.

9 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Nice2023(m): 9:20am On Apr 26, 2023
If the permanent sec is from the state ministry of labour and productivity or state ministry of finance...then he or she deserves such a measure.

But if he or she isn't from these two ministries,then it is undeserving.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Penguin2: 9:58am On Apr 26, 2023
Umahi, the Nwinekent that thinks himself an Eagle, somebody we go get tell put mouth for your matter.

For now, we have a mandate to retrieve from a drug lord and a Guinean who wants to rule Nigerians through mandate kidnap.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Risingblue008(m): 10:25am On Apr 26, 2023
Who appointed him first?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by BOLATINUBU01: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2023
He should be arrested as well, what a Shame

But shey na today dem employ am?
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by NaijaHeadache: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2023
Ever wondered why, despite offering amazing goods or services, your sales page just isn't converting to sales? The answer may lie in one simple question - Who wrote your sales copy?

Introducing Wealth Dispensers Limited - the sales copywriting solution that will transform your website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and all other sales pages into sales generating machines!

At Wealth Dispensers Limited, we specialize in crafting persuasive and compelling sales copy that converts visitors into paying customers. Our team of expert copywriters have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results for businesses of all sizes and industries.

Don't settle for lackluster sales pages that fail to make an impact. Let Wealth Dispensers Limited elevate your sales game and help you achieve the success you deserve. Contact us today on Whatsapp via the number below to learn more about how we can help you boost your sales with our premium sales copywriting services.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by SPRINCE001: 10:26am On Apr 26, 2023
Nice one
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 10:26am On Apr 26, 2023
Give him what he was supposed to Calculate nah.... Millions plus Millions= Billions nah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by dfrost: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2023
grin cheesy

1. Incompetent or what do we call this now?

2. The governor is also exposing the perm sec, to catch cruise or what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Princeton92(m): 10:29am On Apr 26, 2023
I wish he was elected president under APC/PDP/LP
I've seen and liked his project, he brought hope to Ebonyi State people...

About what he did, you just cannot be chopping money and not show how you work for it, which means the man wasn't work but sitting at home to receive salary...

I always think the Perm Sec was against him, so he set trap for the person!
cheesy wink cheesy grin grin😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣😂😂🤣😂😂🤣
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Authoreety: 10:29am On Apr 26, 2023
Chai
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by blackpanda: 10:29am On Apr 26, 2023
chai oga governor diaris god oooo
You retire someone's entire career just because the person no calculate gratuity Haba
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Jerryherd: 10:29am On Apr 26, 2023
cool

Umahi wicked no be small.... No nonsense

If not for Senate , I wish he was our Next Minister of Works and Housing

That man is truly an Engineer, financing major projects on little allocation and little loan

But as much quality bridge as Wike of Wike,
Built an Airport
Built a Teaching Hospital and Medical University
Built Police Zonal Headquarters first in SouthEast

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by phemmie06(m): 10:30am On Apr 26, 2023
How did such person get there

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by millionboi2: 10:31am On Apr 26, 2023
Still politics
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by fabolouz1(m): 10:31am On Apr 26, 2023
The official shouldn't have been sacked but demoted.
He should challenge his retirement at the courts.
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by blackpanda: 10:32am On Apr 26, 2023
phemmie06:
How did such person get there

u dont need to calculate gratuity to be a permanent secretary
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by noble71(m): 10:35am On Apr 26, 2023
shocked
I can't believe this, may be it's political.

Meanwhile sell your Pi to us at a good rate.
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by marlow1962(m): 10:35am On Apr 26, 2023
Disgrace
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Incrediblekutty(m): 10:37am On Apr 26, 2023
Tntsi:
If umahi sacks PS who can't calculate gratuities, what is yakubu mahood still doing in INEC?

Sack him then, or just work hard so that you can become relevant like them and then change whatever you think is wrong instead of wailing off your time

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Emmastan291: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2023
H
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by diplomat058(m): 10:40am On Apr 26, 2023
sonature1:
Dave Umahi was one of the best things that happened to Nigeria! I wish he went for a ministerial appointment (preferably minster of works) instead of the senate.

He would have shown Nigerians how to build world-class Infrastructural projects with so little, unlike Fashola who's always looking for ways to hike the price of projects. Yes, I wrote this with my full chest!

Which world class infrastructure? Ebonyi that probably has an 80% poverty rate and locked in generational debt. What's the debt to IGR ratio in the state? In fact, what's the IGR itself. Both present and future commitments were made off fed allocations, just to build some flyovers to brag and you are here applauding him? Governance is a joke when clowns like you think this way. I served in Ebonyi, and the situation there is beyond pathetic

9 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by NairaLux(f): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2023
grin
Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by Starboytwo(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2023
I will thumbprint my 10 fingers for this man anytime any day…

I don’t know about other local government, but you can’t be In Abakaliki and not feel his massive impact on infrastructure and other public works…

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Can’t Calculate Gratuities by SisterBosede: 10:46am On Apr 26, 2023
😎

I have nothing to say

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Lawan/akume Ticket Excites PDP / APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly / Kano To Evacuate Almajiri Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.