Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

The Art Of Hand Washing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Art Of Hand Washing (996 Views)

Pictures Of A Guy Washing His Joystick Where Oil Is Being Sold / Advantages Of Hand-washing. / Today Is Global Hand Washing Day - October 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Hand Washing by bolorunfem(f): 9:34am On Sep 04, 2007
Hey, my people. Whots up? Am quite new on this forum and I must confess its been delightful being part of it. Kudos to Nairaland! wink

This issue am bringing up has been bothering me for long. On a daily basis I see ladies picking their noses in the public (buses especially). Nose picking is dirty, rolling it between the thumb and index finger is disgusting and finally carelessly shaking it off to your side, not minding the person next to you is …yak! embarassed

I hope you guys understand what am saying, am not claiming to be ‘cleaner than thou’ or something, it’s just that it doesn’t jell when a well dressed lady now spoils the outlook by poking her finger into her nose when she could simply use tissue paper of handkerchief if her nostril itches which is natural. Men are also guilty of this ‘offence’, many men don’t carry tissue about like ladies do (abi I lie?). They pick nose and even pluck their beards and drop it carelessly. I av seen some men blow their noses with bare hand, looked left and right, moved forward a little and just rub the fingers together, wiped the nose with the back of the hand and moved on. Kai! God help the next person they touched!

Back to the bus now, Ive been wondering why people don’t like opening the glass, I mean the window of the bus (if the bus has one at all) . some people like sitting next to the window side but they would rather have the window shut or slightly open because they’re ‘feeling cold’. Such people ALWAYS feel cold!
The simple lesson I want to remind us of is that different people have different ailments. Virus/bacteria (am not a scientist) abound in a not well ventilated place and are easily transferable from one to the other. while avoiding ‘too much air’, disease conditions ranging from common cold to Tuberculosis can be caught in a bus without knowing it. Let’s allow fresh air in when it’s available, afterall it’s free! grin

The way some people spit is awful. The other day in Obalende, a guy in suit spat beside and it was God who saved me or it would have landed on me, for goodness sake, if u av to spit look for the nearest gutter and if it must be on the ground, make sure u cover it up with some sand.

Before I go, please let the men that wee-wee by the road side be more discreet about it. Men, is it not true that in a bid to cover ur thing from prying eyes you sometimes pee on your hands? God helps the next person you touch. Worse still, the same guy will branch at the nearest booli (roasted plantain) seller and touch about three or four before deciding on the one to buy (may not even buy at all). You and I will now go and buy the remaining booli, the rest is history! MY KOKO LESSON BE SAY, LET U AND ME WASH OUR HANDS AT EVERY AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITY AND COMPULSORILY WHEN WHEN WE JUST ARRIVE FROM OUTSIDE. kiss

Have a healthy day. Ciao!
Re: The Art Of Hand Washing by defatcom: 11:53am On Sep 19, 2007
I agree with all the points you made.We need to improve on our personal hygiene.

(1) (Reply)

Green World Weight Loss Option / How To Make My Nose Slim? / Tips To Control Blood Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.