Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) (23751 Views)

Lagos Govt Begins Demolition Of Distressed Buildings In Ebute-Metta / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road / BREAKING: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Marked Buildings After School Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by maasoap(m): 9:39am On Apr 27, 2023
Reference:

That is what we say.
The people sending mixed signals to government as to what they want. Like a traffic light showing red, yellow and green at the same time. Mixed signals will cause accidents sooner than later.

In fact, I'm tired of them
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by BreconHills(m): 10:05am On Apr 27, 2023
Dcaliphate:
What was the government doing when those buildings they're demolishing now were being erected up to this level. Now someone is taking a huge loss that could have been averted

All the more reason to get your approvals and not rely on your position or level of wealth.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Antimandatethie(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2023
“What don’t you understand?
The man said anybody caught
snatching ballot boxes will pay
with their lives. Immediately the
blood-sucking demons in the
land heard it and woke up.
Things began happening. Thugs
picked up their guns and their
knives. Soldiers began shooting
in Rivers State. Once those
words were uttered it was
inevitable that there would be
deaths. Snatching of ballot
boxes is a way of life in Naija.
And these uniformed gunmen
just like to shoot. Didn't you
see the custom’s man the other
day? How about the everyday
accidental discharge of the
police? Soldiers nko? I stayed
back home because I knew that
even an attempt to stand and
defend one’s vote could be
interpreted as snatching of
ballot box. I no wan die. Our
uniformed armed men are
maniacs and the most powerful
man in the land should know
that and choose his words well.”
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by DJInfluence: 10:13am On Apr 27, 2023
I don't get the. No way these are illegal structures. Instead of giving the owners time to regularise their document or seal up the place until they do, govt is destroying people's hard earned sweats.
The worst part is that these house owners paid for the land and they did so without stealing govt money. Unlike others that will steal our money to buy properties abroad.
Honestly I don't know how we put mediocre minds at the decision making positions in this country.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by NwaliE01: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2023
sukkot:
shocked please dont touch my house there ooo
You got me cracking here. 🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by ManTiger(m): 10:18am On Apr 27, 2023
This is so so wrong. In fact, it makes no sense. This might just be somebody's entire life savings.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by cowincarbon: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2023
Soderberg Electrode Paste | Electrode Paste Manufacturer & Supplier

Soderberg electrode paste is a type of carbon electrode paste that is commonly used in the production of aluminum. It is named after its inventor, the Swedish metallurgist Carl Wilhelm Soderberg.

As a carbon electrode paste manufacturer, Soderberg electrode paste is one of the products that may be manufactured by a company. The paste is typically made by mixing calcined petroleum coke and coal tar pitch, along with other additives such as carbon black and/or graphite.

The resulting paste is then shaped into the desired electrode form, such as a cylindrical shape, and baked at high temperatures to produce a dense and conductive carbon electrode. This electrode is then used in the process of producing aluminum through electrolysis.

Soderberg electrode paste is favored by some manufacturers over pre-baked carbon electrodes because it can be continuously added to the cell during the aluminum production process, which helps to maintain consistent electrical conductivity and prevent disruptions in production.

Overall, the production of Soderberg electrode paste and other types of carbon electrode paste plays an important role in the production of aluminum and other metals that rely on electrolysis for their manufacturing. Cowincarbon is the best Electrode Paste Manufacturer & supplier.

Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by tiswell(m): 10:24am On Apr 27, 2023
realestate99:

Are you people cursed? Are igbos the only one building in Lagos? Everytime a demolishing exercise is conducted, your likes screams victimization as if igbos are the only one in Lagos, these petty cries are becoming irritating and extremely childish.
be deceiving yasef.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by sonature1: 10:43am On Apr 27, 2023
Dcaliphate:
What was the government doing when those buildings they're demolishing now were being erected up to this level. Now someone is taking a huge loss that could have been averted

Stop wailing! If you are building an illegal structure, you know.

The problem of those developers is that they always assume that Nigeria is a lawless country where anything goes.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Killermamba: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2023
Naija4love:
grin na person billi dey go down so. The person way go get problem way the problem go be come problem me God make that person no get problem abeg
Opposition members building 😂😂😂
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by somehow: 11:01am On Apr 27, 2023
This is actually painful to watch.

Except these houses didn't get approval, even at that, still painful to watch.

Sweats and blood gone just like that.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Mrpojj(m): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2023
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Walamide: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
Buildings don't just spring up.. There should be a due process to be followed which was missed because of crook, cheat, fraud, embezzlement, incompetency and what have you..

Now, the government is taking the right steps going forward
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Dcaliphate(m): 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2023
Okealaaye:

You're rude and uncouth.
You've never bought a bag of cement in your life, so swerve bro.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by chukdy(m): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
Medicine after dead, if the authorities in charge of regulating how the standard of building should be are doing their job are we supposing to be talking about building collapsed before the other building not built well being demolished,
I'm yet to see Agency that's truly working in Nigeria.
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNfYSrHllPs

https://punchng.com/video-lasbca-begins-demolition-of-illegal-buildings-on-banana-island/?amp
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Dcaliphate(m): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
blackgold2018:
while some poor nairalanders are rejoicing.
Dou I know it may be an illegal structure and needs to be removed but rejoicing on someone’s setback is evil.
Honestly!
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Dcaliphate(m): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
Billionaire2:

the ones collapsing and killing people, na pesin papa own dem

dumb citizens !!
You've never bought a piece of 9inches block in your entire life dumbo! So swerve and go make some money then we can talk.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by DollarLand2023: 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2023
So much money needed to build. So much money needed to destroy.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Billionaire2: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2023
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by tonididdy(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
Destroying bungalows and one story building or duplexes will be considered witch hunts

Concentrate on the high rise buildings
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Dcaliphate(m): 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
Billionaire2:

Yes I'm a silly teenager with poor upbringing, I'm still eating from his mother’s pot. then i rant on a faceless forum for clout.

What do i know about money ?
I know right grin.... people that talk like you do have nothing. That's why you can give a vivid description of the state of your life right now up there.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Billionaire2: 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
Deleted
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by xandy84: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
Why blame the government for everything. Government can't be everywhere at the same time. There are consequences for our actions. You build a house on reclaimed land without government authorization, don't blame anybody when government decides to demolish your property. The situation is worse in US. You build illegal structures, government will sue you, you will pay court fees and fines, pays for the demolition and then pay to restore the land like tree planting etc

Dcaliphate:
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2023
Dcaliphate:

You've never bought a bag of cement in your life, so swerve bro.

Know the root of your ignorance? You think that all Nairalanders are toddlers! There are professors and captains of industry here - people who have built their first houses when you're yet roaming the neighbourhood in your under-wears.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by Dcaliphate(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
Billionaire2:

I need to grow up first, get good home training, get a life…
then i can talk about money, with you.

Damn right u do
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by desmond2pk: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Billionaire2:
Good move !

The building material markets need to be regulated too..
If possible there should be an agency that supervises all building projects… both government & private

So you think there is none?
Re: Lagos Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Buildings In Banana Island (Video) by connkg(m): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
There was an illegal destruction of a building belonging to a widow by LASBCA, shown by ChannelsTV some weeks before the election.
I have been very interested in what became of that case.
I would like to know how relevant it is to this demolition.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Making Of The "Captivating" 5 Bedrooms Duplex In Enugu / Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? / »»» 1 and Half Plot Of Land For Sale In PH «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.