Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

What Are The Challenges You Had Building Your House? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Challenges You Had Building Your House? (322 Views)

Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos / Start Building Your House,build Cheaply Lagos/abuja/ibadan/delta / LET DESIGN YOUR HOUSE TO YOUR TASTE ,WHATSAPP OR CALL 08069253261. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Challenges You Had Building Your House? by chatinent: 7:19am On Apr 27, 2023
What difficulties did you confront when building, given that we are all aware that the construction of a house always involves financial considerations?

Was it coming from the manson while the mold was being made? Or were the wrong persons used who falsely claimed to have the necessary skills but did not?

Or were there costs involved? Impromptu? What portion is it? How did it happened? Was it during setting of blocks? Casting? Was it Roofing? The use of poor roofing sheets? Finishing? Which?

Clearly it's the legal part. Do share...

Please tell me about your experiences.
Re: What Are The Challenges You Had Building Your House? by chatinent: 7:32am On Apr 27, 2023
Wetin vex me pass bi say some vendors purposefully market and sell imitation roofing sheets at the same price as the genuine thing. However, the phony can't stay hidden for too long.

While I'm on the road, one of my goals is to appreciate the aesthetic value of other buildings. You'll be saddened to see a lovely house sitting on roofing sheets that are slowly coming off. I'm referring to step tiles and roofing sheets in general. Upon say dem expensive o naim person go still sell fake give person!

Other times, buildings will collapse due to its poor foundation and quality of materials. One thing I've realised is that you don't cut costs while building. And again, you don't use people because they preach they can build you a Babel tower with their left hands...yet, without portfolios.

Omo, make I hear your views sha.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Challenges You Had Building Your House? by Ever8090: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2023
I never build but hopefully I will soon..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Challenges You Had Building Your House? by chatinent: 8:29am On Apr 27, 2023
Ever8090:
I never build but hopefully I will soon..

Amen🙏

1 Like

Re: What Are The Challenges You Had Building Your House? by oginga: 5:03am On Apr 29, 2023
I suffered inflated prices and stealing of cement.

I had to take time off work twice in a year to monitor things by my self.

Building a house in Nigeria is not easy most especially when you are far away from the state where your building site is located... Dem go chop you front and back!.

I corrected my previous mistakes when I started my second building. The formula is I make sure anything delivered to site is inspected and counted before final payment is made.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Challenges You Had Building Your House? by chatinent: 6:57pm On Apr 29, 2023
oginga:
I suffered inflated prices and stealing of cement.

I had to take time off work twice in a year to monitor things by my self.

Building a house in Nigeria is not easy most especially when you are far away from the state where your building site is located... Dem go chop you front and back!.

I corrected my previous mistakes when I started my second building. The formula is I make sure anything delivered to site is inspected and counted before final payment is made.

So apt.

cc: lalasticlala, Dominque, mynd44
Re: What Are The Challenges You Had Building Your House? by capetownboyz(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2023
Hmmm ..

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Smart Estate, Innovation Plus Technology For Convenient Living. / Property To Let At Ikeja , Maryland ,g.r.a . Lagos Nigeria / A Duplex 4 Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.