Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday (2716 Views)

A Nairalander Just Scammed Me / Mobilecart34 Scammed Me 60k / I Just Got Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by LilNetty(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2023
I know people will bash me but have learnt my lesson tho... I will post the full story shortly

So i was scrolling thorough Nairaland phone section when i saw a post as phone for sale, and i showed intrest which he chatted me on WhatsApp, we bargained and concluded that i will pay 80k,where i got it wrong was that i did not see the device before paying, i trust people alot and have done business with quit number of honest people on Nairaland which have not seen in person before

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by LilNetty(m): 8:54am On Apr 27, 2023
Heres the post

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by LilNetty(m): 8:59am On Apr 27, 2023
After making the payment to him, which he promised to waybill the phone, he stopped replaying my WhatsApp message and hes phone number doesn't exist again.... The money is nothing to me but am promising him that hes going to suffer for it. He have deleted the post and he posted other things for sale as well.. I am posting this for others to be careful... I will post our chat now
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by LilNetty(m): 9:02am On Apr 27, 2023
Here's the proof of our chat and his number and he confirming that he received the money

1 Share

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by labake1(f): 9:16am On Apr 27, 2023
Nawa o
I have trust issues when it comes to buying something online, even with Jumia

I hope you have learnt your lessons and others should learn too

10 Likes

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Zonefree(m): 9:42am On Apr 27, 2023
Always be on guard when someone starts calling you "sir" frequently.

22 Likes

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Spanishmilf(m): 10:14am On Apr 27, 2023
The money pain you
Btw go to your bank with proof they will freeze his acct act now

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by ORIJIN201(m): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2023
Why you no use escrow??!!!
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:28am On Apr 27, 2023
I think the fraudster should be blacklisted on Nairaland.
LilNetty:
I know people will bash me but have learnt my lesson tho... I will post the full story shortly

So i was scrolling thorough Nairaland phone section when i saw a post as phone for sale, and i showed intrest which he chatted me on WhatsApp, we bargained and concluded that i will pay 80k,where i got it wrong was that i did not see the device before paying, i trust people alot and have done business with quit number of honest people on Nairaland which have not seen in person before
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Guava: 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
That's so painful. The thief is still online on nairaland sef and to think I saw his post the day he posted. angry
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by TUANKU(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
LilNetty:

"I trust people alot" ...That's your mistake right there, in this winner takes all world of now trusting people a lot is a bad choice and could have really bad consequences for you.
Conventional wisdom no dey work for Nigeria.
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
Sorry for your loss, one thing you should be wary of is the price, you can not buy any Samsung note 10 plus for less than 150k. You can only see a very old note 9 for that 80-90k price range. Even on JIJI all prices are above 200k for 256gb. You werent careful enough with your diligence and pricing. Youve learnt your lessons, be careful next time. @ lilnetty

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by michlins(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
Before you blame buyer, I have transacted a whole lot here and the sellers delivered.

Thieves and scammers are to be blamed

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Bossman(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
It's good to be weary when something is too good to be true. The price should have alerted you to that. That's way too low a price for that device. That alone indicate it's very likely fraud. Sorry for your loss.
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Dwightventures(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
michlins:
Before you blame buyer, I have transacted a whole lot here and the sellers delivered.

Thieves and scammers are to be blamed

I am one such seller. It is the buyers that have robbed me by the way. People looking for unrealistic price are the main problem. My prices are always competitive. They will still be looking for even less. My business line has now gone with one phone that a buyer took from me. I no longer want to prove to anyone that I am clean. I want them to prove they're not crooks. Result: little sales volume. This country is sick

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2023
That say guy scammed someone last week or so, same hand and similar phone.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Toptopfloor: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
I won't scam you. Just 2k.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by NobleSeed(m): 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
the scammer and the scammee are both scams ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Person won sell phone note 10 for that amount you zuzu send money give am
Even if na second hand e no fit go with that Price.
IIdamuAdugbo:
Sorry for your loss, one thing you should be wary of is the price, you can not buy any Samsung note 10 plus for less than 150k. You can only see a very old note 9 for that 80-90k price range. Even on JIJI all prices are above 200k for 256gb. You werent careful enough with your diligence and pricing. Youve learnt your lessons, be careful next time. @ lilnetty

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Benwallt(m): 6:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Zonefree:
Always be on guard when someone starts calling you "sir" frequently.

You just know. We that we are so rude to ourselves
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by descartes400: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
Spanishmilf:
The money pain you
Btw go to your bank with proof they will freeze his acct act now

He should go to the bank with a police report, only then will they act.
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by PlayerMeji: 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2023
I dont know why Seun Osewa doesnt see the business side of having an escrow service here on Nairaland and making trades easy for members as well as making more money for his company.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Spanishmilf(m): 8:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
descartes400:

true
My friend who got scammed last yr didnโ€™t even bother going to the police she went to the bank straight
Nigerian banks act fast against fraudulent case
All he needs is WhatsApp screenshot and he would write a letter
Bank would freeze his acct immediately

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by owolabiza(m): 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2023
Not everyone is a scammer.

Some are worth trusted based on their status.

You can always view people's profile before you trust them,check how long they have registered on nairaland,their sales and how it went and ask people for reviews.

God would judge this guy for painting all online dealers fraudster..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
descartes400:

I think the account is an opay/Palmpay account, though higher funds in those accounts requires BVN verification. (Tier 2)
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by LilNetty(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2023
Stephenmoka4:
I think the account is an opay/Palmpay account, though higher funds in those accounts requires BVN verification. (Tier 2)
i have emailed cbn and opay with screenshot of our chats and evidence of payment. Thanks
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by LilNetty(m): 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
Benwallt:

You just know. We that we are so rude to ourselves
The funniest part is that he's reading my WhatsApp messages up till now and he's not responding
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
LilNetty:
i have emailed cbn and opay with screenshot of our chats and evidence of payment. Thanks
It would be a miracle getting response from CBN. As for Opay, they may freeze the account. If you have his BVN, you can mess him up (financial trouble) by creating an account with his details and stuff (not disclosing it for safety reasons). But, let's hear from Opay first.
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Benwallt(m): 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
LilNetty:
The funniest part is that he's reading my WhatsApp messages up till now and he's not responding

It is a way of telling you that you can't do shit. That he got you and got you clean and not remorseful.

Bro, if you can let got of the money, do let it go but if you think otherwise, it is your money, it is your hard earned money, it is your labour, then spare nothing in dealing with him.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
Most of the responses here are blaming OP, and a few the seller. Nobody is talking about calling out this purported scammer and shutting him down in nairaland.
Coolio sang: "The other homie shot the other homie and ran away with his money, and when the other homies heard about it they thought it was funny. But who's the dummy? Cause you just lost a hustler, a down ass brother been replaced by a buster"
Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by Harddiskng(m): 5:18am On Apr 28, 2023
@OP you have his banking details right, make your moves. Lodge a complaint at the EFCC office closest to you.

Write a letter and Submit a copy of that complaint to his bank. There are also other ways to get his location. Just follow up with both and play it cool.

I love when scammers think they can get away easily lol. When you finally catch him, donโ€™t show any mercy no matter the amount of begging. Deal mercilessly.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander (cyrax1) Scammed Me On Monday by ipobarecriminals: 8:27am On Apr 28, 2023
angry chatinent bia. Comma see another scam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cool But Fake Nokia N96 / Where Can I Locate Gionee Office In Lagos??? / Meet Infinix Hot 6 With Face Unlock: Check Specs, Features & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.