Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

I Just Got Scammed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Got Scammed (78699 Views)

I Almost Got Scammed On Jumia / Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hello nairalanders. I would love to share my bitter experience today. It all happened by 5.30pm. I had a chat with a seller on jiji and we agreed on a price. I got to his shop and inspectred and saw all phones were sealed. So a receipt was issued and it was written tested and okay. I paid through transfer and left thanking god i managed to get a brand new phone.

By the time i got back home, I tore the nylon as usual. However i heard a sound . I opened the box and saw the phone had flipped. I took out the screen protector, the phone was on. Inshort the phone was a refurbished phone. I felt sad and scammed. I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one. Now the question is how will i be sure brand new one is brand new one.

Nigerian crooks can get anywhere to get the seal sticker before opening it as brand new. I feel so stupid right now. All this happened at iwo road, inside a nice shop to fool ppl. I feel so ashmed. i paid 135k but got refurbished phone of 70k worth.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by MMWandali: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2020

The works were finished from the foundation of the world Heb.4:3

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by EmeDavid: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
Honestly bro, I just don't know what is happening now, every body yes dey red!!
MMWandali:

The works were finished from the foundation of the world Heb.4:3

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed by ojun50(m): 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
Every soul in this country is Red

If them no refund ur money carry men in green uniform enter the shop

329 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by donbachi(m): 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
E no shock u?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by OBTMOS(m): 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
B
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
I am very devastated. Its a different thing if i got uk used. However it was sealed as brand new so i wasnt bothered. Not knowing i was scammed. The shop is owned by an igbo man and he claimed he bought it brand new.now im scared that the one they will give me tomorrow will still be refurbished and nicely sealed as brand new. I went to a shop withh my intention to buy a brand new never before used phone and i paid via real transfer .but look at what i was giving. Thats the phone as i got it from the shop before tearing away the nylon

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Boozah: 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nigerians are crooks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
Nigerians are crooks
Why not go to SLOT?

240 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Shellsploit: 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
Lalasticlala sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Worriedgurl: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Fraudsters everywhere. Who can one trust? Buying stuff online in Naija is very very risky. Next time do patronize a trusted mobile phone store and save yourself from this heartache and disappointment.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Zyxzzzz: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
anytime I need new fone I'll just go to slot, after everything I will open the fone there incase anything

I nor get power to shout..

200 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Olunmercy56(f): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Ha people are just wicked embarassed embarassed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
reading
Re: I Just Got Scammed by Johndrame1: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
U even get luck say Dem no give you akpu phone

52 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by ForeThinker: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
The human heart is like a night bird. Silently waiting for something, and when the time comes, it flies straight toward it.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Garkingss: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
V
Re: I Just Got Scammed by socialmediaman: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Your money should be refunded, completely, with apologies.

If the society we live in was not a scam itself where the tyrant scammed 15 million people with fake promises and their donations and still rigged his way back into office, you would’ve received your full refund and even extra compensation and bad reputation for them.

But here we are, if you are sold the wrong product, you cannot even get your money back unless you know a police officer, which will definitely cost you money and time

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Nelly4you: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
if you had gone to slot
this won't have happened

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by ipobarethieves: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
sad Shine your eyes.Next time,let dem unbox it themselves.It won't cost u nothing to spend even 2 hours to check,test/charge the phone to be sure.That's how ALABA boys dey do sharp sharp thing.Those pipu have any brand sticker.They'll sell refurbished thing and glued/plaster Samsung sticker with tested Ok sad grin grin.God help if u reach home and Grundig symbol show instead of branded Samsung

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Razzman1: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Too bad
9ja which way

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by sojayy(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Guy u don f-up o, dem for test n confirm d phone was ok for u b4 paying nah......... Shine ur eye next time b4 dem monkey u bro shocked shocked

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by Amkanta02(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
A
Re: I Just Got Scammed by obembet(f): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Boozah:
I called the shop and they start telling me sorry, that they did not know its refurbished .but i saw them all sealed in nylon. I later discover that the seal tape was missing. The imei sticker at the back was missing, lo and behold the screen was poorly glued. They promised to replace a brand new one.

There is nothing scam here. They have shop, address, contact number and they never deny the goods. Just go back and get your money. If they want to play smart, get one mopol officer and settle him with 2-5k.

166 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
online dealings nah NO GO AREA for me.. learned my lessons

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
life nor easy

Anyway, you deserve it because ah nor sure say your hands clean.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mtn Unveils New Night Data Plans / Get 23GB For #1000 And 4GB For #200 Only Airtel User Check It Out / Which Data Plan Are You Using On This Lockdown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.