Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State (9683 Views)

Umahi Orders Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants In Ebonyi For Coming Late (Video) / Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Donโ€™t Act / Akwa Ibom Government Distributes Transistor Radios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by SReporters: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2023
Government of Anambra State has flagged-off distribution of the first phase of 200 computers and laptops to ministries, departments and agencies.

The distribution exercise superintended by the state ICT Agency (ANSICTA), is part efforts to promote Governor Chukwuma Charles Soludo's mantra of everything technology and technology everywhere.

Second phase of the distribution is anticipated to begin as soon as possible to ensure that civil servants in the State has a computer.

The symbolic presentation of the 200 core i3 and core i5 computers and laptops, specifically assigned for official purposes to civil servants, took place at the Government House Awka.

In his opening remarks to the beneficiaries, the Managing Director of the Anambra State ICT Agency, Mr. Fred Agbata said that Governor Soludo is committed to digitizing the Anambra Civil Service and other agencies throughout the state.

He stated that it was essential to acknowledge the significance of digital work tools in order to meet the demands of the Governor's vision for technology in the state, explaining that his team did a survey of the situation in MDAs which revealed that only about 306 functional computers exist which is not enough for the entire state civil service population.

"Governments all over the world rely heavily on technology, and Anambra, as an 'A' state must not fall behind."

"The delivery of PCs and other work tools by the Anambra Government is consistent with the Governor's determination to make Anambra State a tech-driven state."

"The computers that will be supported by high-speed internet are intended to improve work." We encourage you to use these tools to help improve our state.

"I must thank the Governor for coming up with this initiative and making it a success," Mr. Agbata said.

He urged well-meaning ndi Anambra to partner the State Government's vision of a liveable, prosperous, and smart mega State.

On his part, Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Solo Chukwulobelu, disclosed to civil servants that the era of electronic government is here and urged the ICT agency not only to distribute computers but also to train users on how to use it.

He revealed that Governor Soludo wants efficiency in his Government and also requested that the agency should provide civil servants with email addresses with the anambrastate.gov.ng domain name rather than yahoo or gmail.

For Barr. Theodore Igwegbe, Head of Service, Governor Soludo has converted from a paper system to a digital one and acknowledged that digitization boosts efficiency, lowers costs, and offers opportunities for the civil service.

Commissioner for Information, Sir Paul Nwosu, Commissioner for Environment, Engr. Felix Odimegwu, Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Christian Aburime, Commissioner for Power & Water Resources, Engr. Julius Chukwuemeka, Commissioner for Agriculture, Dr. Foster Ihejiofor, Commissioner for Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Barr. Tony Ifeanya, Commissioner for Homeland Affairs, Chief Chikodi Anarah, Commissioner for Youth Development, Mr. Patrick Aghamba, Special Adviser to the Governor on Culture and Entertainment, Bob Manuel Udokwu, Special Adviser to the Governor on Markets, Hon. Evaristus Uba, among others attended the event.
https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/04/27/anambra-government-distributes-200-computers-to-civil-servants-in-the-state/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by xtravanganza: 11:17am On Apr 27, 2023
Wow..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by xtravanganza: 11:17am On Apr 27, 2023
Wow.. Tully commendable. FG can do the same...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by Ogamysamo: 11:23am On Apr 27, 2023
weldone soul udo! atleast even if there's nothing much...

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by Ogamysamo: 11:25am On Apr 27, 2023
nairalanders let us pray o.

i say may this laptops not end up in the hands of keyboard warriors in the name of Jesus

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by sonature1: 11:28am On Apr 27, 2023
Every day, we come on Nairaland to read good news about Anambra State.

Those people from South West who want APC to take over all the states in Nigeria, please ask Hope Uzodinma that the Supreme Court imposed on Imo State what he has achieved for the past 4 years.

May God bless Soludo and Anambra State!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by matrixme(m): 11:32am On Apr 27, 2023
Something does not add up. Peter Obi donated computers to all secondary schools on Anambra State during his tenure as governor and somehow left 306 computers in the system for civil servants that needs it much? Or did they loot all the computers he bought and asked us to go and verify.
What did the past governor do for 8 years? That only a paltry 306 computers remained in the civil service?

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by AwkaFinest: 11:39am On Apr 27, 2023
Hope our ndi chest beaters will not start making noise here. I remember back in 2015 Rivers State Ministry of Education did this. Then I was only wondering why my people in Anambra were not doing similar stuff.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by RIVERS1stson: 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Anambra has always been far better than Rivers State in education. Anambra is top three in Nigeria

AwkaFinest:
Hope our ndi chest beaters will not start making noise here. I remember back in 2015 Rivers State Ministry of Education did this. Then I was only wondering why my people in Anambra were not doing similar stuff.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by Mitchy49(m): 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
That's good but Charles Solido is a betrayer. He betrayed his very own blood brother by fighting against his presidential ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by money121(m): 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by RamseyKush: 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
This is very commendable..

By the way, we are still waiting for the uninterrupted light soludo promised us ๐Ÿ˜Š
Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by ecolime(m): 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
This is not news

Isn't computer an essential worktool in this time and age? What's the publicity for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by SlyIg(f): 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kind gesture๐Ÿ˜€

Many civil servants especially teachers are not computer literates at all.
The don't even want to touch the computer at all, reason best known to them.๐Ÿ˜

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by SultanOfAbia: 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Good luck to the young tech enthusiastics. I love what anambara is doing. I just pray those kids focus on tech not yahoo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by Divoc19(f): 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Come check those systems in 2 years time

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Charles Soludo is the best Anambra State Governor ever! No one but the very ignorant compares a banker who operated at the summit of the industry with a hyped and Packaged Fraud. Happy days are here, O Anambra patriots.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
One (1) Term govnor copying d great Okwute himself!
cool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by olmea: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
B
Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by rexel99: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
306 functional computers, and now 506 computers for a civil service workforce of about 30,000. So what tools do others use to work in this age and time? Nigeria sha.

Of course, it's not an Anambra issue but one that cuts accross all the civil service in the country.
Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by Rebirth212: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
The guy on red top and back cap
Looks like one Nigeria Nollywood actor

When will the minister of F.C.T do dis.... M waiting for him ooooh

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by OCHOMMAJIDEAKU(m): 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ very funny development towards technology advancement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by luskysylver(m): 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2023
ITS A GOOD DEVELOPMENT.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2023
matrixme:
Something does not add up. Peter Obi donated computers to all secondary schools on Anambra State during his tenure as governor and somehow left 306 computers in the system for civil servants that needs it much? Or did they loot all the computers he bought and asked us to go and verify.
What did the past governor do for 8 years? That only a paltry 306 computers remained in the civil service?

Na Give-and-Take Obi take am do! As e de donate computer for afternoon in the very before of photojournalists na in e de collect am back to sell for Onitsha Main Market. Mr Obi is a Trader!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by rexel99: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
ecolime:
This is not news

Isn't computer an essential worktool in this time and age? What's the publicity for?

My bro, I tire. We and celebration of mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by SimonStorch: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
This is a good initiative...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by LordIsaac(m): 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
OCHOMMAJIDEAKU:
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ very funny development towards technology advancement
Honestly; coming from a Professor!
Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2023
200 civil servants out of how many? RUBBISH

They spent 150million on 40 buses just for to movement,no fro ooo.. Spend that on computer

Was it only 200 CBN staffs that had computers..?

If innosen fit do motor,make another tribe do computer na..We go buy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by javaguru: 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hello, I need a job, am from Anambra state i will be completing my service year this July.
All my savings was lost when my phone was stolen and my Sim was used to clear my account. Am just starting afresh. Studied business Administration and highly Technical.
Just in case there's an opportunity somewhere.

Besides Soludo is doing a great job.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by onlyboyson(m): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kudos

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by BluntCrazeMan: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hmmm..

Ok naa.

I'm closely monitoring this one.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Distributes 200 Computers To Civil Servants In The State by GoodbutBadguy: 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2023
What House of rep members are doing without blowing trumpet but e reach d land of billionaires governor e dey make noise for common 200 lape undecided. This one too will come for presidency in a few years & will be saying go and verifygrin, come and verify from Akin Alabi (Nairabet founder) in Ibadan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status โ€“RMAFC / Rumoured Bomb Explosions In Kogi State / Infrastructure Bank To Fund N400bn Lagos Rail Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.