Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC (9693 Views)

Nnpc’s Unremitted Funds To Federation Account Are N4.9trn – RMAFC / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by siddiq202(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
With the last week’s Supreme Court judgment that ceded all the 76 oil wells to Akwa Ibom State, Cross River State can no longer enjoy the benefits that are accrual to oil producing states, the Chairman Revenue Mobilization, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) has said.

Engineer Elias Mbam told Daily Trust in an interview that the Commission is awaiting directives from the Ministry of Justice to effect the execution of the court judgment.

Mbam said: “I heard about the judgment in the media. We do not act base on news from the newspaper, we are not duly informed. I don’t have the details of the judgment.

“But if what I read in the newspapers is anything to go by, I will say that if there are no oil wells, you cannot enjoy the benefits of oil producing states. I have not read the judgment and until I read it I may not be in the position to clearly state anything.”

Asked if the commission is waiting for directives from the Ministry of Justice before implementing the decision of the court, Mbam said, “That is correct. They will notify us of the judgment and then we act accordingly.”

The benefits that oil producing states enjoy include the 13 percent derivation principle and projects executed by the Niger Delta Development Commission.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/171845-cross-river-loses-oil-producing-status-rmafc
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by jude33084(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dem for leave one for them naaa tongue
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
ok...
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by malc619(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
This is SAD. Accept my heartfelt sympathy....
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by oneeast: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
How can they lose out just like that? There must be something to compensate them, first they lost Bakassi and now oil blocks, this is more of a political persecution.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by haruna1970(m): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2012
what a pity...
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by klairekk: 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
oh my poor state.....

wit Oil revenue we felt notin...w

wiout oil revenue, we'l fel notin...

life goes on...
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by NigeriaKwenu(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
Does it mean that Cross River is no longer a Niger Delta state?
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by tpia5: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Good question.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by boysy(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
Why is Cross River being treated in dis manner? D other time OBJ hurriedly give out very cheaply Bakassi Peninsular to Cameroun leaving d Bakassi indigen stranded in thier fathers land, while the state lost d oil wells as well. But even without oil Cross River still remain one of d best tourist, neat and ever green state in Nigeria. Just make out time to visit Calabar u'll marvel.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dat's very painful. Now der's less money for Imoke to enjoy, and increased bonus for Akpabio. Na im luck sha. Congrats to all Akwa Ibomians.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by stolenstone: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
cross riverians go hate akwa ibomites for life ooooo! Choi!!! That state don hear am oo, first it was bakassi to cameroun, now na d last surviving series of oil wells lost to their sister state-akwa ibom! Now d beaf continues!!
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by onila(f): 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
loosing the bakassi was a great loss for them cry then now this cry
these cross river pple are to soft
I wish they can get the bakassi back
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
Dat's very painful. Now der's less money for Imoke to enjoy, and increased bonus for Akpabio. Na im luck sha. Congrats to all Akwa Ibomians.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by tunapawizzy: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
even morality would av won dose oil blocks for akwa-ibom, akpabio ia a better manager of resources than imoke. less mula for imoke to tif.......
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
ONLY IF THEY HAD SUPPORTED THE BIAFRA CAUSE, THE TRAGEDY WOULDN'T HAVE BEFALLEN THEM, SUCH A PITY
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by NigeriaKwenu(m): 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2012
I still beleive all these things are happening to cross-river state because there politicians no get mouth compared to those from Akwa-Ibom. The FG wants to render CR useless and it won't work. Ka chineke mezie okwu.

Afam4eva
(why have i not been unbanned?)

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by macjive01: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
crusifis: ONLY IF THEY HAD SUPPORTED THE BIAFRA CAUSE, THE TRAGEDY WOULDN'T HAVE BEFALLEN THEM, SUCH A PITY

^^^ must u bring Biafra into evything? By the way cross river was actively involved in the struggle on Biafran side.
In fact cross river was the fourth war front
After
Nsukka/nkpo sector
Onitsha
Portharcourt
Then cross river

The federal forces lost more men at crossriver than they lost at Nsukka/nkpo
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by tpia5: 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
Obviously the state is going in a different direction besides oil.

Isnt CR the area beside cameroon, with all those gorillas and wildlife?

Maybe they want to keep the place exclusively for tourism.

And immigrants.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by undercurrent(m): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
They refused sharing the oil wells thinking they wud win at the supreme court. But they 4got thats its winner takes all wen it get 2 the court. As an akwa ibomite, i feel 4 them sha but blame Imoke.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by tpia5: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
Calabar might be a good option for people who want to settle in nigeria.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by anthony86(m): 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
Lily Imoke no try at all,he should have employed a team of lobbyist to at least let some of the oil wells remain in cross river. But that is not the end he should try revisit Donald Duke blue-print on Tinapa and lobby the Federal Government to open up the Calabar Sea Port.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by NigeriaKwenu(m): 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
tpia@:
Calabar might be a good option for people who want to settle in nigeria.
What will they be doing in calabar? Chewing grass?

1 Like

Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
Nawa ooo. Dat court wicked. They should divide the oil well into 2 na and give one to cross river and the other to akwa ibom ayaya. Am sure indigines of cross river won't take it lightly. I no wan see another plateau state
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by NigeriaKwenu(m): 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2012
gboss4sure: Nawa ooo. Dat court wicked. They should divide the oil well into 2 na and give one to cross river and the other to akwa ibom ayaya. Am sure indigines of cross river won't take it lightly. I no wan see another plateau state
The funny thing is that a lot of Akwa-Ibomites like in Calabar. I see Cross-river sending some of them packing.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by ebamma(m): 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2012
i pray God gives them the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by ebamma(m): 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
gboss4sure: Nawa ooo. Dat court wicked. They should divide the oil well into 2 na and give one to cross river and the other to akwa ibom ayaya. Am sure indigines of cross river won't take it lightly. I no wan see another plateau state
calabar is populated by akwa ibomites,dont worry nothing will happen.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by betrani(m): 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
Even with the so much wealth! Akwa-ibomites prefer it in calabar! they have collected everythin from Cross River! the most annoying thing is their guts in Calabar, from the typical taxi cab driver on the street through neighbors to visitors; their animalistic tendencies prevail! I wish this motherfuckers would try this shit down my LGA! where we don't take any crap! we place motherfuckers where they belong! my brothers in benue can attest to this! And because this lazy bunch of assholes prevented we in the northern part of Cross River for testing power over 42years now, its coming back so hard on them! we know the directions around this state better than any one else! if it wasn't for a close family friend who gave donald duke the compass, he wouldn't have know hw things work around here! All we know is hw to sale our brothers out! Goats! and that chimp of a fool(OBJ), that Criminal of a tout(Don Duke) and that fool of a lesbian (Giwa) You all will reap ur harvest for sowing seeds of weakedness! Bunch Of Fuckers!!!!
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by tpia5: 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
ebamma: calabar is populated by akwa ibomites,dont worry nothing will happen.

Why do they always claim they're different btw.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by NigeriaKwenu(m): 2:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
tpia@:

Why do they always claim they're different btw.
I wonder oo.

I think easterners(Igbo, Efik/Ibibio, Ikwerre, Ijaws) have a huge problem.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by mu2sa2: 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
In the spirit of brotherliness, cant Akwa Ibom relinquish even 1,yes one, oil well to the good people of Cross River.The Supreme Court justices ar human beings and as we all know humans can be influenced by all sorts of considerations. But even if the judgment is 100% correct AKS should be magnanimous in this incongruous victory.
Re: Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC by betrani(m): 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
mu2sa2: In the spirit of brotherliness, cant Akwa Ibom relinquish even 1,yes one, oil well to the good people of Cross River.The Supreme Court justices ar human beings and as we all know humans can be influenced by all sorts of considerations. But even if the judgment is 100% correct AKS should be magnanimous in this congruous victory.
You wouldn't know what humans we are dealing with here! "GREED" is the watch word and I deal description! if cross river never had money to tailor judges in their favour one wouldn't have thought the verdict to be otherwise! tailored maps, tailored judges, tailored chimps, tailor criminals all! I just blame the people of cross river for all these mishap! these people are too soft! Even softer than pulp! Imagine people leaving the land of bakassi to OBJ, DUKE AND GIWA! Obj had guts to cede that land out and the rest of Nigeria never shouted! As if He used some charms on us! And the Governor isn't helping matters! So dizzy, can't even think of preventive measures before bubbles burst! I pity these fucktards! the prefer poverty! I guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCT Shifts Saraki’s Trial To March 11 / 2019 Elections: APC, PDP Disagree Over Readiness / President Buhari Participates In The Opening Session Of 76th UNGA In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.