Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles (23443 Views)

Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1. / DISTRESS SALE: Tokunbo 2015 Toyota Camry For N4,600,000 / SOLD Pictures update 2014 Toks M-Benz C250 4matic now N4.3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by olaoye2008: 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
Simple case
If you are not happy with it Anambra Sea port is there
You will not pay dime
YEYE people only Lagos matter be their front page
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by manuelcc(m): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
T
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Dialpad: 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
IGR.... just like you have in the US. You can drive with temporary tags for some time till you register the vehicle

The fee should be passed on to the car owner.

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Imsoblessed:
This is one of the way Lagos igr is generated.This is taking advantage of the federal investment to ur own advantage
What has the Lagos State Govt did with all the billion Naira generated every day?
Hope you are in Lagos today to see the way floods has exposed the judicious use of billion of Naira generated in Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by lexy2014: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2023
Imsoblessed:
This is one of the way Lagos igr is generated.This is taking advantage of the federal investment to ur own advantage

generating revenue which will increase the cost of doing business

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Truthshscrazy: 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
undecided
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by greggng: 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
saphiere:

I am not a tribal bigot. Some of you here can testify that I am a strong advocate for women's Right & advocacy. I advocate for equal rights for women in all spheres of life.

I have been involved in an inter-tribal relationship so there's no way anyone can say I am a tribal bigot.

But here is my piece of advice to the Igbos.

Don't ever as an Igbo stream the movie "Gangs Of Lagos"

Igbo people are business oriented...They will do any legit thing that put food on there table ...if screaming that movie put food on there table ...none of your threat can even stop them ..Igbos are configured to be fearless

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Cantonese: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

Federal investment?
Did the federal government pay for the land?
The British build the port over a hundred years ago and never paid for the land. The FG inherited it without paying a kobo

The British built Tin can Island port?

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by blacksam01: 6:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
saphiere:

I am not a tribal bigot. Some of you here can testify that I am a strong advocate for women's Right & advocacy. I advocate for equal rights for women in all spheres of life.

I have been involved in an inter-tribal relationship so there's no way anyone can say I am a tribal bigot.

why..?
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Aolfooties(m): 6:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
Tax all the time.

Check my signature for quality made in Nigeria footwears.
Buy 2 shoes, get 1 free slide. Offer ends in 6 weeks. What's app 08111 thirty fifty 81
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by seyiseyi84: 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
because of this new tariff they did not work in airport since yesterday. I have something to send to my brother in uk.
If u have car for uber we have good driver we are given out for ur car.a trier will convince u.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by 001Lagos: 6:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Tinubu has not been sworn in and they have started another line of mindless extortion again
but you've always supported Tinubu so why the endless wailing

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Juju70(m): 6:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
slivertongue:
The agents can try northern Nigeria
Such a silly thing to say

2 Likes

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
Cantonese:

The British built Tin can Island port?
You read what you quoted if you cannot comprehend find someone to help
If you have a point to make make it or fuc k off

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Itisallright: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
All these before the removal of subsidy? After subsidy what will now happen
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by SalamRushdie: 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
001Lagos:
but you've always supported Tinubu so why the endless wailing

I have never supported Tinubu
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
NOC1:
It Is crazy, the amount of levies and taxes we pay in this country is much.

Yet the Urcheens will keep Crying Around that the Western Nation collects too much Tax.

The Numerous Taxes collected in Nigeria is being looted by the Urcheens Masters.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by remele2(f): 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
Time shall come in Lagos where u will be asked to Pay (OWO good Morning). Just that are breathing you will pay.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by UnabashedIPOB: 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
For all Biafrans who still conduct their business outside of Biafra land and believe in the STUPID One Nigeria, this is exactly what your future in your ONE NIGERIA looks like...very bleak! For those of you who are into automobile importation, the plan is to make it nearly impossible for your business to survive. I hope this recalcitrant move by the Lagos State government would serve as an eye-opener and a lesson to all of you to teach you that Nigeria is NOT for you and that BIAFRA is your only hope for survival. A word is enough for the wise. He who has ears, let him hear!
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by chatinent: 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
But guess what?

Politicians and the rich, those who import newer car models, pay less custom duties. But the poor or average who could afford older models pay more.

They tell you it's to discourage importation of foreign goods.. it's a lie.

It's to make sure the rich get richer and the poor gets stripped of every Kobo to the benefit of the rich.

2 Likes

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by SLOVFO(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
saphiere:

What has streaming the movies by Igbos got to do with the N4,600 TVT?

2 Likes

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by AFRICANJAMAICA: 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
Epistasis:
If you are not ok, use the seaport in your state or better, carry the container to your state.
Lagos leads.....

Even those with no single property to their name in lagos ate also talking..
Nairaland is a faceless forum

3 Likes

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by AK481(m): 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
The cost will be estimated as 20k and charge to the buyers .
Both obidient and agbado will buy it
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by laivwire(m): 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
køj
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by slivertongue: 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2023
Juju70:

Such a silly thing to say

Is the North not part of Nigeria with trade routes? Ain't there ports in other parts of Nigeria were they can channel their businesses to if they feel the charges are high or unnecessary?

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by luluman: 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:
If you don't want to pay carry your vehicle in a container out of the state to its final destination
The first dumb comment I'm reading

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by KoolBigk(m): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/customs-agents-kick-as-lagos-govt-slams-new-charge-on-imported-vehicles/

Tinubu way....Y'all be ready to pay taxes through your nose. It won't be long before they starting increasing it from N4,800 to 10k and more.

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
luluman:
The first dumb comment I'm reading
This won't be the last you will write
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Dchair2: 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Imsoblessed:

And further impoverishing the citizenry?
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Epistasis(m): 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
AFRICANJAMAICA:

Even those with no single property to their name in lagos ate also talking..
Nairaland is a faceless forum

Gengen😂
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Imsoblessed:
That revenue needed to go to the FG not state and no one is saying anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2021 Model Benz G63 Amg Brand New Fully Loaded Selling Fast / Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / Brand New 2013 Lamborghini Aventador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.