Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles (23442 Views)

Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1. / DISTRESS SALE: Tokunbo 2015 Toyota Camry For N4,600,000 / SOLD Pictures update 2014 Toks M-Benz C250 4matic now N4.3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by lildush(m): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

I did not do JSS or SSS,I am old enough to remember when the super eagles were called Green Eagles and when the won African Nations cup for the first time in Lagos so I am not your coeval,still at your age you are no longer a child and should not be talking anyhow

Your right sir.. am sorry if I was rude to you. No vex. Forgive me.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2023
The point is simple LASG is saying no unregistered vehicles to be driven on the roads in LASG roads
I hope it is tested in court and I hope LASG wins
The implication ports will only leave ports in containers if they don't want to pay
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by lildush(m): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
erico2k2:

Nop read what I wrote again, I was supporting your response to that guy

Thank you sir... Truly alot of people don't know what is best for them...
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
lildush:

Your right sir.. am sorry if I was rude to you. No vex. Forgive me.
I no vex at all. Old people are not expected to be on the internet.
My two cents is
Respect is reciprocal.
I am not a saint but I aim to respect everyone
If I don't respect you why should I expect your respect

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by erico2k2(m): 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
lildush:

Thank you sir... Truly alot of people don't know what is best for them...
I keep saying we pay more taxes in Nigeria than we do in the UK
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by lildush(m): 10:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

I no vex at all. Old people are not expected to be on the internet.
My two cents is
Respect is reciprocal.
I am not a saint but I aim to respect everyone
If I don't respect you why should I expect your respect

True talk more grace sir...
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by lildush(m): 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
erico2k2:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by jaxxy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
olas24u:

You have to pay ,how much is 4500

4500 on every car imagine the 1cars x 4500. = 4.5 billion.

After paying millions in duty?

what the the payment for? nothing just extortion.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by jaxxy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

Do they pay duty and port fee to Lagos state?
It is not compulsory to pay for one month they can pay for 12 months and use it anywhere in NIgeria. If they hate Lagos so much they can even register the car in another state
Lagos is saying
NO UNREGISTERED CARS ON OUR ROADS
It is not just a revenue thing it is a security thing as well
Why should anyone drive a car with no insurance or registration?
Lagos is saying if you import a car into the country you still have to pay to use the roads it is the same all over the country
People import cars refuse to register and use the roads alongside others who are paying vehicle licence.
Those who pay were their cars not imported?

They already collect a fee for what ure saying b4 so which is this fee?

and why should people pay such fees for the 80% bad roads in lagos??

Fix lagos roads to 80% then u can demand such ridiculous fees.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
jaxxy:

They already collect a fee for what ure saying b4 so which is this fee?

and why should people pay such fees for the 80% bad roads in lagos??

Fix lagos roads to 80% then u can demand such ridiculous fees.

My support is based on the principle of true federalism
LASG has no oil.
The port which should be its oil is cornered by the FG and LASG doesn't get 13% derivation.
Yes the government should be more transparent and accountable,I agree.
If indeed the same tax is collected in another name it should be contested.
People are unhappy because of mismanagement but that won't continue for ever
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by jaxxy(m): 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

My support is based on the principle of true federalism
LASG has no oil.
The port which should be its oil is cornered by the FG and LASG doesn't get 13% derivation.
Yes the government should be more transparent and accountable,I agree.
If indeed the same tax is collected in another name it should be contested.
People are unhappy because of mismanagement but that won't continue for ever

are u an apc supporter?

I asked because i admire ur Faith that corruption and mismanagement won't always continue in lagos and I'm wondering under apc or who?

apc lagos has a structure of corruption and it will be difficult to stop.

Lagos doesn't have oil bt they have the mixed population and industries that many states including states that have oil don't have or enjoy and they tax them heavily.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 10:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
erico2k2:

This is a mistake
Nigeria is One of the least taxed places in Africa e.g
Ghana is taxing about 14% of GDP compared to 5% Nigeria
UK 30%
So we should be able to absorb more taxes
The reason we don't hold politicians to account is because they are not spending tax but oil revenues and money that doesn't come from our pocket
If we were funding government with tax will there be vote buying?
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Epistasis(m): 10:54pm On Apr 27, 2023
tonididdy:

Says a man without a tyre
Mr Tyre owner ... your wailing won't change anything
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Cantonese: 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

You read what you quoted if you cannot comprehend find someone to help
If you have a point to make make it or fuc k off

No point to make with an unlearned rascal like you.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
jaxxy:

are u an apc supporter?

I asked because i admire ur Faith that corruption and mismanagement won't always continue in lagos and I'm wondering under apc or who?

apc lagos has a structure of corruption and it will be difficult to stop.

Lagos doesn't have oil bt they have the mixed population and industries that many states including states that have oil don't have or enjoy and they tax them heavily.
In life we take ourselves too seriously
You and I won't be around for ever
Let us start from there.
Nigeria is 60 years
so it will make progress in the long term we need to think 20 30 40 years horizon.
I can remember the day Murtala Muhammad was killed. Nigeria has come a long way since then
I do not expect to see the Nigeria of my dreams in my life but it will happen because I know we are special and we need to go through all this shit now
100 years ago Saudi Arabia,Dubai was just desert
What is APC? were Atiku,Saraki,Melaye,Kwankwaso, Obaseki, Tambuwwal,not in APC?
APC is nothing. What is its ideology.
Were Akpabio ,Orji Kalu, Obanikoro ,Peter Obi not in PDP?
I have my vision on the day when those in nursery school today will be in government.
Nigeria will be a leader one day
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by jaxxy(m): 11:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

In life we take ourselves too seriously
You and I won't be around for ever
Let us start from there.
Nigeria is 60 years
so it will make progress in the long term we need to think 20 30 40 years horizon.
I can remember the day Murtala Muhammad was killed. Nigeria has come a long way since then
I do not expect to see the Nigeria of my dreams in my life but it will happen because I know we are special and we need to go through all this shit now
100 years ago Saudi Arabia,Dubai was just desert
What is APC? were Atiku,Saraki,Melaye,Kwankwaso, Obaseki, Tambuwwal,not in APC?
APC is nothing. What is its ideology.
Were Akpabio ,Orji Kalu, Obanikoro ,Peter Obi not in PDP?
I have my vision on the day when those in nursery school today will be in government.
Nigeria will be a leader one day

I like ur positive imagination however i do not like ur pessimistic or ambiguous timeline for Nigeria to be better. Do u know a system doesn't automatically improve without an intentional chain of processes or some unexpected defining events.

So to just assume Nigeria will get better is wishingful thinking at best. Our democracy has been improving since Obasanjo's administration and while we reduced economically we improved democratically under Jonathan then got worse under buhari/apc.

This us the current trajectory and it seems to only be getting worse.

Nigeria getting better after ur life time is not guaranteed because it can actually get worse or cease to exist. We must demand what is right and make our own urself contributions to the chain of events that will birth a new Nigeria for the next generation or we our failure is still a very likely possibility.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
jaxxy:

I like ur positive imagination however i do not like ur pessimistic or ambiguous timeline for Nigeria to be better. Do u know a system doesn't automatically improve without an intentional chain of processes or some unexpected defining events.

So to just assume Nigeria will get better is wishingful thinking at best. Our democracy has been improving since Obasanjo's administration and while we reduced economically we improved democratically under Jonathan then got worse under buhari/apc.

This us the current trajectory and it seems to only be getting worse.

Nigeria getting better after ur life time is not guaranteed because it can actually get worse or cease to exist. We must demand what is right and make our own urself contributions to the chain of events that will birth a new Nigeria for the next generation or we our failure is still a very likely possibility.
If we all had the same opinion life would be very boring
You have summarised my opinion as
Just assuming Nigeria will get better. That is an assumption and misinterpretation
Even the earth will not last forever so yes Nigeria will cease to exist
One day
I don't know what you mean by demanding what is right
And how that relates to this thread. What do you mean?
We are human and no human system is perfect
You need to Study history of the leading nations today. They do not have better stories than ours.
Nigeria is not an organic creation
It was cobbled together by Britain mixing many unlike parts. That cannot be wished away
So it is important to understand out creation reality and how that slows us down.
I am hopeful that the incoming government will achieve some degree of restructuring to enable subnational units to make progress.
Preaching to me about making contributions is inappropriate. This is not the time or place for that.
We are discussing road tax in Lagos state
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by erico2k2(m): 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2023
Gajagojo:

This is a mistake
Nigeria is One of the least taxed places in Africa e.g
Ghana is taxing about 14% of GDP compared to 5% Nigeria
UK 30%
So we should be able to absorb more taxes
The reason we don't hold politicians to account is because they are not spending tax but oil revenues and money that doesn't come from our pocket
If we were funding government with tax will there be vote buying?
Again, off point, your rate of comprehension is way off key, I SIMPLY SAID WE PAY MORE TAXES IN NIGERIA MORE THAN THE UK, where on earth you got Ghana or Africa from is another topic for next day
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Tadeus(m): 12:03am On Apr 28, 2023
greatiyk4u:
Tinubu's Lagos

All these asslickers who have no dreams of owning a car will come and defend this

One even said " carry your car in container and leave Lagos" this was someone that was begging for urgent 1k for feeding on NL. I now understand the reason why they use "gullible" for the masses...lol

1 Like

Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 12:07am On Apr 28, 2023
erico2k2:

Again, off point, your rate of comprehension is way off key, I SIMPLY SAID WE PAY MORE TAXES IN NIGERIA MORE THAN THE UK, where on earth you got Ghana or Africa from is another topic for next day
By what measure do we pay more tax than the UK
is it
VAT 17.5% UK versus 7.5% Nigeria
Personal income tax
Inheritance tax
Company a tax
Council

Tax to GDP Ratio?

I gave you a statistic
That in Nigeria we pay 5% taxes a proportion of GDP compared to nearly 30% for the UK

So if you have alternative stats share
We pay 5 TIMES LESS TAX THAN THE UK

So what you said is wrong TOTALLY. Nigeria is One of the least taxed places on earth

What do you mean by rate of comprehension?
All of that is diversionary or shakara to hide the fact you don't know what you are talking about

Face the issue
Nigeria is low tax
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by jaxxy(m): 12:25am On Apr 28, 2023
Gajagojo:

If we all had the same opinion life would be very boring
You have summarised my opinion as
Just assuming Nigeria will get better. That is an assumption and misinterpretation
Even the earth will not last forever so yes Nigeria will cease to exist
One day
I don't know what you mean by demanding what is right
And how that relates to this thread. What do you mean?
We are human and no human system is perfect
You need to Study history of the leading nations today. They do not have better stories than ours.
Nigeria is not an organic creation
It was cobbled together by Britain mixing many unlike parts. That cannot be wished away
So it is important to understand out creation reality and how that slows us down.
I am hopeful that the incoming government will achieve some degree of restructuring to enable subnational units to make progress.
Preaching to me about making contributions is inappropriate. This is not the time or place for that.
We are discussing road tax in Lagos state

Now it's obvious who and what u support. Thanks for the meaningful half-hearted discussion. enjoy ur day.

Finally I do not see how anything good can come from illegalities and corruption. some seemingly good may come out bt it cannot last very long.

When a nation or state does the right thing which is actually simple to do and not rocket science then we will make real progress till then we will keep going in circles of delusion.

or do u think ibb and Abacha didn't do good things? bt did they last? what is their legacies?

Corruption cannot sustain any decent or developed society.

we are talking about road tax bt why should doing the right thing trigger u? I simply said it cos from experience and history of meaningful development ive realised doing the right thing is paramount.

or do u want to do the wrong things?
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 12:40am On Apr 28, 2023
jaxxy:

Now it's obvious who and what u support. Thanks for the meaningful half-hearted discussion. enjoy ur day.

Finally I do not see how anything good can come from illegalities and corruption. some seemingly good may come out bt it cannot last very long.

When a nation or state does the right thing which is actually simple to do and not rocket science then we will make real progress till then we will keep going in circles of delusion.

or do u think ibb and Abacha didn't do good things? bt did they last? what is their legacies?

Corruption cannot sustain any decent or developed society.
I think I understand you now
I am not interested in those sentiments
The reality is that Tinubu is the president elect.
We all have to deal with that whether we like it or not.

I say the following with every sense of responsibility

You need to grow up and stop talking like a child.
Am I supposed to feel guilty about supporting anyone.? I have no guilt and owe you no explanation or denial. If I support Tinubu 100 of you cannot inhibit my support
The reality is Tinubu is the president elect and I want him to succeed.
My expectation is that he restructures the country
Illegality,corruption is your opinion. Which may be right or wrong.
It is not relevant now or here
That nothing good comes out of illegality or corruption is debatable
What is the definition of "Good"
The US was built on slavery,exploitation,genocide and racism.
Australia,Canada,USA were built on genocide. White people came and virtually wiped out indigenous populations. God did not intervene
South Africa was built on Apartheid.
China is built on repression and totalitarianism

The world is not a place where bad guys die and good guys live happily ever after. That is a fairy tale.
With regard to Tinubu I believe he defeated Obi so you guys need to wake up and stop deceiving yourselves. Those who accept reality maybe supporters of Tinubu or just realists.
He won the election
Corruption is part of human nature
It exists everywhere. All I hear is just self deception. You are deceiving yourself.
Nigeria has come a long way
In 1975 there was not one. NOT ONE expressway/motorway in the whole of Nigeria

NOT ONE!!

In another 50 years we will make a lot more progress
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by luizpippo(m): 1:03am On Apr 28, 2023
Gajagojo:

Federal investment?
Did the federal government pay for the land?
The British build the port over a hundred years ago and never paid for the land. The FG inherited it without paying a kobo

The british built it over 100 years ago?

And i thought BAT built anything you see in Lagos o
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 1:04am On Apr 28, 2023
luizpippo:

The british built it over 100 years ago?

And i thought BAT built anything you see in Lagos o
What am I supposed to do with this information?
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by luizpippo(m): 1:07am On Apr 28, 2023
Gajagojo:

What am I supposed to do with this information?

Only expressing my shock at this discovery, in any case, do whatever you wish.
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by OKEMKPI: 1:13am On Apr 28, 2023
Epistasis:
If you are not ok, use the seaport in your state or better, carry the container to your state.
Lagos leads.....
Nobody that owns a car can make this statement. U are obviously transferring ur frustration of not able to afford to buy a tire talkless of a car to car owners and prospective car buyers.
Ur case is simply poverty spiced with jealousy and witchcraft
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by okuta007: 1:46am On Apr 28, 2023
Imsoblessed:
This is one of the way Lagos igr is generated.This is taking advantage of the federal investment to ur own advantage

And later they say Lagos is better than Anambra - when all vehicles imported going to Anambra pays Lagos government N4,600 import duties but no vehicle imported that will be used in Lagos pays Anambra N4,600 - then u start comparing Tinubu to Obi in terms of IGR - blo ody as a ho les
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by godofuck231: 2:36am On Apr 28, 2023
No worry timubu wan put padlock for toilets inside houses, pay as you use
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by OloYeOfEgbE: 6:22am On Apr 28, 2023
PulaPower:
They could go to court..

Cry baby..

Dem Don ban you

GENERAL PULA IS OPERATING MULITPLE ACCOUNTS. MAKE I FIND MOD FOR YOU
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by 12345baba(m): 6:40am On Apr 28, 2023
slivertongue:
The agents can try northern Nigeria
even north go collect this time around
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by erico2k2(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2023
Gajagojo:

By what measure do we pay more tax than the UK
is it
VAT 17.5% UK versus 7.5% Nigeria
Personal income tax
Inheritance tax
Company a tax
Council

Tax to GDP Ratio?

I gave you a statistic
That in Nigeria we pay 5% taxes a proportion of GDP compared to nearly 30% for the UK

So if you have alternative stats share
We pay 5 TIMES LESS TAX THAN THE UK

So what you said is wrong TOTALLY. Nigeria is One of the least taxed places on earth

What do you mean by rate of comprehension?
All of that is diversionary or shakara to hide the fact you don't know what you are talking about

Face the issue
Nigeria is low tax
Im i n a hurry to go to work so cant type much

You think tax is defined by monies you pay that goes directly to Govt? have you not heard of indirect tax? like this situation we are talking about is one of them indirect tax, any levy you pay that is somewhat backed by at least a local authority is a kind of tax, starting from monies thigs collect from erecting a fence is a tax, Deve is a tax,Agbero are agents of taxation, Police one the road tax people, Landlords in lagos already pay tax, there is even proposal to pay tax on rented properties. Let me stop here will continue after work
Re: N4,600 TVT: Customs Agents Kick As Lagos Slams New Charge On Imported Vehicles by Gajagojo: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2023
erico2k2:

Im i n a hurry to go to work so cant type much

You think tax is defined by monies you pay that goes directly to Govt? have you not heard of indirect tax? like this situation we are talking about is one of them indirect tax, any levy you pay that is somewhat backed by at least a local authority is a kind of tax, starting from monies thigs collect from erecting a fence is a tax, Deve is a tax,Agbero are agents of taxation, Police one the road tax people, Landlords in lagos already pay tax, there is even proposal to pay tax on rented properties. Let me stop here will continue after work
You still have to back.up your claims with facts
I gave you a fact
VAT in Nigeria is 7.5% compared with 17.5% in the UK
It increased this month to 20%
That is indirect tax.
In the UK
Petrol and diesel are taxed with VAT =20%
In Nigeria petrol and diesel are subsidised

Your claim is just nonsense,ignorant rubbish.
Whether indirect or direct .The total tax collected is not an unknown thing or a secret
In Nigeria it is 5% of GDP compared to nearly 30% in the UK.

We are talking of a country where government taxed your property if you die before your family can inherit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2021 Model Benz G63 Amg Brand New Fully Loaded Selling Fast / Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / Brand New 2013 Lamborghini Aventador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.