Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland (428 Views)

Peter Obi's Picture Added To Governor Ikpeazu's Campaign Flyers For Senate / Tony Kabaka Added To APC Presidential Campaign Council / Ijelespeaks Celebrate As His Charges Is Added To Nnamdi Kanu Trial - VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by tafabaloo(m): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2023
Good morning to the super MOD, Mr. Seun Osewa.
Please, I want to kindly suggest that 'unlike button ' is added to the comment section of this forum.
I believed this would be an healthy way of telling some members or posters, who hide under the dark cover of social media to insult or make disparaging comments on others, to be schooled that their comments are unpopular, unwelcoming and unsuitable for this space, without those aggrieved by such comments unnecessarily engage in exchange of language of hates with the poster.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by nairalanda1(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2023
tafabaloo:
Please, I want to kindly suggest that 'unlike button ' is added to the comment section of this forum.
I believed this is an healthy way of making some members or posters, who are in the habit of hiding under the dark cover of social media to insult or make disparaging comments on others to know that their comments are unpopular, unwelcoming and unsuitable for the space, without necessary being verbally attacked or engage in exchange language of hates.

Thanks.

While a good idea, the problem is, some disparaging comments are extremely popular on this site, so it might not work.
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by Ihateheadslamer: 8:18am On Apr 28, 2023
Disparaging comments is what makes nairaland fun tongue
nairalanda1:

While a good idea, the problem is, some disparaging comments are extremely popular on this site, so it might not work.

1 Like

Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by advanceDNA: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Disparaging comments is what makes nairaland fun tongue

Baba....peace is too expensive....
Vawulence is the only option

2 Likes

Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by Kabirudeen25(m): 9:00am On Apr 28, 2023
Yes and nlers with high number of dislikes Gould either be restricted from doing somethings or have their comments pushed to the bottom. But trust Seun the most innovative human being on the planet to ignore this as usual.
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by Reality3080: 9:06am On Apr 28, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
Yes and nlers with high number of dislikes Gould either be restricted from doing somethings or have their comments pushed to the bottom. But trust Seun the most innovative human being on the planet to ignore this as usual.
it will never happen cos it doesnโ€™t make sense, so some headless mobs will keep liking each otherโ€™s comments so it will always get to front page while they gather to unlike comments that doesnโ€™t suit their agenda

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by ugocliff(m): 9:18am On Apr 28, 2023
tafabaloo:
I believed this would be an healthy way of telling some members or posters, who hide under the dark cover of social media to insult or make disparaging comments on others, to be schooled that their comments are unpopular, unwelcoming and unsuitable for this space, without those aggrieved by such comments unnecessarily engage in exchange of language of hates with the poster.

Thanks.

Check out naijaterra.com
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by Cooldowntemper: 9:19am On Apr 28, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a cocaine sniffing vagabond
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by MadamExcellency: 9:44am On Apr 28, 2023
tafabaloo:
I believed this would be an healthy way of telling some members or posters, who hide under the dark cover of social media to insult or make disparaging comments on others, to be schooled that their comments are unpopular, unwelcoming, and unsuitable for this space, without those aggrieved by such comments unnecessarily engage in an exchange of language of hates with the poster.

Thanks.

We don't need Unlike button, just the "block option"

Nairaland can not be forcing people to be reading hates and insensitive comments from stvpid people.

1 Like

Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2023
It should have a like and unlike button like Reddit.
And comments that have too much unlike should be collapsed.
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by helinues: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2023
People have been suggesting this for years but Seun seems not to be interested

I am still yet to know the main function of share when you won't have record of what you shared

1 Like

Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by Usonkwu: 10:13am On Apr 28, 2023
Like button should go, instead. It's useless.
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by tsdarkside(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2023
look at this ozuor....
dont just press the like button....its the same thing....

1 Like

Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by waledeji(m): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2023
Cooldowntemper:
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a cocaine sniffing vagabond
From gworo chewing Kunnu sipping vagabond to this ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by tafabaloo(m): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2023
MOD, can we have this dragged on the front page to get more views on the subject matter, pls?
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:35am On Apr 29, 2023
I agree with you now.

1 Like

Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 7:42am On Apr 29, 2023
tafabaloo:

Thanks.
So, a a poster gathers about 1000 unlike for a single comment, you think that will cause him to have a rethink or what , all without real penalty? undecided
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by marlow1962(m): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2023
Before anything can be done here, let's start with the pathetic moderators.
I do not know which of them gets me banned for making a truthful comment, that is bitching.
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by YINKS89(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2023
Seun:
I agree with yo ; n. B. Bi b. . Bu nn. A ..w1...w..a.sw.ss..sas a. no. w.
Re: High Time "Unlike Button" Is Added To Nairaland by CodeTemplar: 2:56pm On May 01, 2023
Seun:
I agree with you now.
that will replace ethnic slur as it will be the latest avenue to express hate and negative campaigns. Be prepared for those.
Use up-vote and down-vote instead. They are milder and less harsh. A post with large number of both is of higher value than one with lower number of up-votes to down-votes ratio.

(1) (Reply)

Man Bathing In Front Of APC Secretariat, Not PDP Member - Osun PDP / Tinubu Jet Out Of The Country For The Second Time / Labour Party Candidate For Edo Constituency, Uhumwagho Asks Election Tribunal To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.