Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Religious Tolerance Across The The Two Prominent Religions In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Tolerance Across The The Two Prominent Religions In Nigeria (143 Views)

Pope Francis Urges Nigerians To Imbibe Religious Tolerance / Two Prominent Nigerians Will Die In Nigeria That Will Shock Nigerians - My Past / Top Religions In Nigeria And The Numbers Of Their Adherents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religious Tolerance Across The The Two Prominent Religions In Nigeria by Donchieli: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2023
So today been 28th day of April, 2023 I discovered with dismay that in this forum on the religious platform everyone is free to comment on a thread for Christianity

While the Muslims lock their thread and permit only people who have declared themselves as Muslims to comment on a thread

Itz like taking an oath before you make your point

I see that as a bastardization of efforts towards fostering unity in neutral grounds

And has shown that as long as religion in concerned in this country

Muslims will never tolerate any from of criticism on their religion like the Christians do

Because if a Muslim can talk about my religion or air his/her opinion about my religion why can't I talk abt his, and that segregation sentiment and bais will only bring about more hatred

MODS please push to front page let people do justice to this post

I want to hear people's thoughts or opinions
Re: Religious Tolerance Across The The Two Prominent Religions In Nigeria by mbaise1000: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2023
Because light and darkness will not share the same space at the same time. islam ois of the devil and evil will always be afraid of good, let them keep the fear
From the beginning of the islamic whatever, it has always been intolerance, they are afraid of the truth, you saying the truth in islam is blasphemy, asking or questioning Any of the evil ways of mohamad is blasphemy, if you say that the best way to know a good muslim is the one that follow the footsteps and lifestyle and teachings of mohamad, they will agree, if you point out to them that osama bin laden is a good muslim they will not respond, if you tell them that the reason you will murder in defense of the name of mohamad is because you believe he will approve they will not answer,
If you tell them that a person who waged wars and murdered thousands of people by his own hands pillaged their properties and shared same between himself and his goons is not a peaceful person, they demand for your head, how can a person or religion that inspired people like Osama and the taliban and the boko haram and people who behead teachers for showing ordinary cartoons to children and suicide bombers be peaceful?
In Christianity, we are taught by Jesus never to hate not to talk of killing anyone for whatever reason, we are taught and commanded to forgive offence committed against us, that is why people like me will never murder or even rejoice at the murder of anyone no matter who they are, or what they did, can any muslim say the same and mean it and tell me he is inspired by his prophet to say or do it?

1 Like

Re: Religious Tolerance Across The The Two Prominent Religions In Nigeria by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
There has always been tolerance among all the religions on this planet no matter what they believe until politicians came trying to lead them! smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Monday Of The Fifth Week Of Easter - May 8, 2023 / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Tuesday, May 9,2023 / Completing The New Testament In A Year (day 134)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.