Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,574 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects (28246 Views)

Mu’azu Sambo: FG Will Borrow To Fund Rail Projects / Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria / Rotimi Amaechi And The 2 Controversial Rail Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by alizma: 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
godliman:
This is already Restructuring no matter how you look at it.
So people will still complain.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Tenumootito: 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2023
It's fine but the truth be told. Ekiti state economic outlook is bad. No thriving company in Ekiti states especially towns...from Aramoko down to Efon Alaye and environs no visible companies. The govt of Ekiti must set out to make the state economically viable.
If not, train will be waste of money.

3 Likes

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by bionixs: 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2023
I buy fuel every day in my house here in Lagos and someone is hallucinating over electric rail without electric supply . Cart before the horse

Good luck
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by IDnoble1: 9:53pm On Apr 28, 2023
godliman:
This is already Restructuring no matter how you look at it.

All thanks to ENDSARS movement
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by americanigga(m): 10:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
okeysoninv:
I don't know why oil company would have their head quarters in Lagos. the region is really sleeping serious.

Have you forgotten Lagos was the formal capital. The city has the resources, infrastructures and enabling environment. We from Niger Delta must emulate Lagos to attract such gigantic multinational establishment to our region.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by pongwa(m): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:

https://thenationonlineng.net/southwest-states-to-launch-regional-electricity-rail-projects/

Just two years ago, the South-West govs proposed six regions, demand LG autonomy, and resource control.

https://punchng.com/swest-govs-propose-six-regions-demand-lg-autonomy-resource-control/
if this is not restructuring, I don't know what else it is
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by middlebelter(m): 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:

https://thenationonlineng.net/southwest-states-to-launch-regional-electricity-rail-projects/

Just two years ago, the South-West govs proposed six regions, demand LG autonomy, and resource control.

https://punchng.com/swest-govs-propose-six-regions-demand-lg-autonomy-resource-control/

Other regions should watch out, the right competition has started again. The SW leads the pace and others hopefully will follow. I trust SE won't allow SW to leave them behind.

I also wish my own part of Kogi state can collaborate with SW and make the rail system terminate at Lokoja. When you put the right infrastruture in place, you can be sure that development will follow . I also hope amotekun will keep preventing further attack.

5 Likes

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Johans2023: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

President again?

Isn't what we've been shouting is stuff on the presidential list should be move to region/state level

The federal government should only handle security, external relation and some minor things, more allocation should be given to state rather than president taken over 50% and share peanut to states

The south west was way better under regional government of Obafemi Awolowo than this scam unity government

Governors that are ready to provide electricity should be allowed to
if they can provide all those things, they can as well declare oduduwa nation and make tinubu their president.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by NapoleonHill: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2023
okeysoninv:
I don't know why oil company would have their head quarters in Lagos. the region is really sleeping serious.

Community people forced them out. Some of them had to relocate and run to Lagos. Our oil people will not let them rest.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Johans2023: 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
mp3ree:

Shut up there, with your hate filled heart ,sw dey plan how to develop there region you dey there dey yarn nonsense
mumu. We can see from your mind, that is why we are few and special.
Why didn't them do that when a Yoruba man was not the president?

1 Like

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Kay25(m): 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
Johans2023:
These people know that Tinubu will be diverting federal government money to pay for their project.
Hmmm! This is a project to siphon federal government money.
I said it! Person never enter seat,he don dey plan ho to thief our money.
Grow up boy
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by 123papas(m): 10:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
okeysoninv:
Depends on what the employee files as his state of residence
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Johans2023: 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2023
Kay25:

Grow up boy
the truth pains. You guys will agree with me in the future.
We can see through your mind, we are special people. All of you will agree with me when the time comes.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Igboslayer: 11:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
BloomingDale:
Resource Control for South South, please. Hope the South South Governors take note. We have to take control of our resources to develop our region.

Any oil company not paying taxes to South South should be booted out of the region. Let them go drill their oil wherever they are paying their taxes to.

Any banks, companies etc operating in your region and not paying taxes should be booted out too. Priorities should be given to regional companies, banks etc etc. let’s all develop all region.

I ❤️ restructuring.
This one won’t favor you oooo Do you know that some banks branches operating in some states are not viable? If you burden them with taxes they leave.

1 Like

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by bayplus: 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2023
BloomingDale:
Resource Control for South South, please. Hope the South South Governors take note. We have to take control of our resources to develop our region.

Any oil company not paying taxes to South South should be booted out of the region. Let them go drill their oil wherever they are paying their taxes to.

Any banks, companies etc operating in your region and not paying taxes should be booted out too. Priorities should be given to regional companies, banks etc etc. let’s all develop all region.

I ❤️ restructuring.

While i agree that resources should be controlled largely from origin. Experience and reality in Niger Delta so far has shown that it is not only about how much more money can come to the state governments but how judiciously they can use the limited funds they already have
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Gentew(m): 12:42am On Apr 29, 2023
okeysoninv:

If you manage to have a company with your hard earned money... which of the following states/region will you choose as your corporate headoffice.

Your answer determines your level of intelligence.

A. South East(Unknown gunmen and Ipob)
B. North(Bokoharam, Bandits and herdsmen)
C. Yoruba, South west(Maximum security guaranteed)
D. South south(Kidnappers, militants)

1 Like

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Caseless: 1:41am On Apr 29, 2023
BloomingDale:

I ❤️ restructuring.
Lazy minds,always waiting to own it all before thinking. What have your states done with the huge allocation they get every month?
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by emmaodet: 2:24am On Apr 29, 2023
okeysoninv:
company income tax, payee etc.

Exactly.
When I worked with a company in Ph, my paye/company income tax will be shared between federal govt and river state government because I was employed there and worked there
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by BloomingDale(f): 2:24am On Apr 29, 2023
Caseless:
Lazy minds,always waiting to own it all before thinking. What have your states done with the huge allocation they get every month?

Ojukokoro
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by 9gerian: 2:55am On Apr 29, 2023
Well said!

Jogs1900:

If you know about taxation, you will know that those oil companies and banks with presence in south south states pay taxes there too.
Don't be emotional..

1 Like

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by orisa37: 3:01am On Apr 29, 2023
VERY GOOD.
TAX DANGOTE, OTEDOLA AND OTHERS VERY WELL FOR THE PROJECT AND FOR THE HAULAGE OF THEIR GOODS, SERVICES AND MOVEMENTS OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Strafudeen: 4:03am On Apr 29, 2023
OneTemplate:

Madam BloomingDale, do you see why I always insist no SS wthnic group should carry Igbo matter on their head unless they themselves are troublemakers with an Axe to grind with Yorubas?

Fact is that Yorubas are not perfect but they are very progressive and mean well for all. Every Nigerian desperate for personal and geographical development should embrace what is going to be a progressive era under Tinubu and drop any thoughts of fighting anyone.

When Igbos insult and curse Tinubu to be lying about korokoro history we all witnessed, sensible folks know it is the desperate act of those who scared the discredited 'one Nigeria' gravy train they have been travelling on for so long is about to reach it's last stop.

They are very predictable people who are only ever interested in roping others, like SS folks, into their fight with fellow Nigerians mainly Yorubas and Northerners.

Ask yourself why Igbos shouting Biafra and 'self determination, for over six decades, have gone ominously silent about restructuring and regional autonomy now they know it is here.

As they say "shit just got real" and the fear is now very real.

The SS has a lot going g for it. The region is rich and the people are educated, religiously moderate, ethnically Liberal and reasonable with no expansionist, covetous or usurpation mentality.

They are the perfect folks to do well under the aggressive restructuring Tinubu wishes to use to build a meritocratic Nigeria.

The SS simply need to embrace resource control so that you are in direct charge of your wealth while you then pay a tax to the centre replacing the current derivation system in place.

For the first time, if you are truly ready, you will be free under Tinubu to develop your region as optimally as you want and, because you care about your land, do something about the very negative effect oil exploration and drilling has done to significant areas of the SS. That is what serious SS folks should be looking forward to and not joining some misguided folks in their agenda of vendetta against others.

No sensible SS person, in an age set to be about aggressive development under one of the most progressive Nigeria politician ever, should join people whose main priority is to fight and malign other Nigerians.

Those people have now gone into overdrive against Tinubu and the Yorubas because they know Tinubu's will deliver on his core belief of Nigerians using what they have to develop themselves optimally before casting covetous eyes over the land, asset and opportunities available elsewhere. Igbos never want that as it does not favour how they live and profits from others.

Yet restructuring, resources control and regional autonomy is the only way to develop Nigeria. Charity must begin at home and I think most Nigerians will not object to that idea bar Igbos.

'One Nigeria' is about to die. Even if we do not like each other then those who love progress should at least key into the concept and ready themselves to take avail of it.

You obviously know you're talking nonsense but you can't help yourself. Continue. Igbo giants tormenting you in your dreams always.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Strafudeen: 4:07am On Apr 29, 2023
porthouse7:
stay in ur region then

Get your oil workers out of portharcourt and upon then
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by akigbemaru: 4:11am On Apr 29, 2023
OneTemplate:

Madam BloomingDale, do you see why I always insist no SS wthnic group should carry Igbo matter on their head unless they themselves are troublemakers with an Axe to grind with Yorubas?

Fact is that Yorubas are not perfect but they are very progressive and mean well for all. Every Nigerian desperate for personal and geographical development should embrace what is going to be a progressive era under Tinubu and drop any thoughts of fighting anyone.

When Igbos insult and curse Tinubu to be lying about korokoro history we all witnessed, sensible folks know it is the desperate act of those who scared the discredited 'one Nigeria' gravy train they have been travelling on for so long is about to reach it's last stop.

They are very predictable people who are only ever interested in roping others, like SS folks, into their fight with fellow Nigerians mainly Yorubas and Northerners.

Ask yourself why Igbos shouting Biafra and 'self determination, for over six decades, have gone ominously silent about restructuring and regional autonomy now they know it is here.

As they say "shit just got real" and the fear is now very real.

The SS has a lot going g for it. The region is rich and the people are educated, religiously moderate, ethnically Liberal and reasonable with no expansionist, covetous or usurpation mentality.

They are the perfect folks to do well under the aggressive restructuring Tinubu wishes to use to build a meritocratic Nigeria.

The SS simply need to embrace resource control so that you are in direct charge of your wealth while you then pay a tax to the centre replacing the current derivation system in place.

For the first time, if you are truly ready, you will be free under Tinubu to develop your region as optimally as you want and, because you care about your land, do something about the very negative effect oil exploration and drilling has done to significant areas of the SS. That is what serious SS folks should be looking forward to and not joining some misguided folks in their agenda of vendetta against others.

No sensible SS person, in an age set to be about aggressive development under one of the most progressive Nigeria politician ever, should join people whose main priority is to fight and malign other Nigerians.

Those people have now gone into overdrive against Tinubu and the Yorubas because they know Tinubu's will deliver on his core belief of Nigerians using what they have to develop themselves optimally before casting covetous eyes over the land, asset and opportunities available elsewhere. Igbos never want that as it does not favour how they live and profits from others.

Yet restructuring, resources control and regional autonomy is the only way to develop Nigeria. Charity must begin at home and I think most Nigerians will not object to that idea bar Igbos.

'One Nigeria' is about to die. Even if we do not like each other then those who love progress should at least key into the concept and ready themselves to take avail of it.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Bishop4real: 4:50am On Apr 29, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:

While some people will be wailing & disturbing others with their victim's mentality, the SW has shown that the PMB led APC administration's promise on restructuring has already begun. The ever wailing gang will be waiting for the time the entire nation will literally shut down just to attend to them & their non ending litany of wailings & complaints. What they failed & still fail to realize is that the nation has moved on tey, tey. And will continue to move on. No time to check time grin

3 Likes

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Jogs1900: 5:03am On Apr 29, 2023
9gerian:
Well said!

Thank you.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by Invest4growth: 5:27am On Apr 29, 2023
Absolute waste of resources. The south west has lost its industrial relevance and momentum spearheaded by Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Most of their industries are dead. They should use half of that funds to propel their economies. You need to visit the Chambers to be able to know the severity of these problems. It is the south east and northern businessmen that are controlling the industrial base of the south west. So the government should show genuine concern to resuscitate and develop the agro allied and manufacturing sector instead. Most of the current programmes are too political, hence not genuine. They deploy them to benefit cronies and not genuine business promoters.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by jaxxy(m): 7:12am On Apr 29, 2023
Dont worry Obi will help u achieve it as ur president. we have to generate revenue from Consumption to Production based Economy b4 u have have the funds for such rail development.

or where will southwest get the money from? Lagos couldn't even finish lite rail in 20 years
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by plaindealer: 7:15am On Apr 29, 2023
l

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by okeysoninv: 7:48am On Apr 29, 2023
COMPAQ:

Like he said, EDUCATE yourself!!!!!

PAYEE goes to states based on where the staff lives
Transactions between corporates companies Stamp Duty goes to FG
Stampt Duty for transactions between individuals goes to States
I believe WHT on interest and dividends earned by Corporates go to FG, while that earned by individuals goes to States
N50 Electronic Transfer Stamp Duty is shared between States nd FG
this taxes collected by Lagos State internal revenue. I deals with facts not a mere say market women argument.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by shotuns: 8:31am On Apr 29, 2023
Our mission is to leave Nigeria completely not this restructuring in disguise. All governors should pack their load and let our NATION begins its God's plan. We need the glory of our youth to emerge nationwide not this useless restructuring under Nigeria.
Re: Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects by XAUBulls: 8:35am On Apr 29, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:

Impressive.

The DAWN economic integration plan has been in existence for years now. This shows foresight on the part of the Yoruba intelligensia.
Kwara and Kogi must key into the economic integration plan being that Yorubas are indigenous to those states. This will also include the contiguous Ilajeland-Itsekiriland axis of Ondo and Delta States.

On a larger scale, there is a need for the Northern and Niger Delta States to do the same.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Rather Commit Suicide Than Act - Amaechi / Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC / Buhari Group Knocks Soyinka, Falana, Others Over Comments On Sowore’s Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.