Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Between Volkswagen Passat 2012, Hyundai Sonata 2011 And Mazada Cx-9 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Volkswagen Passat 2012, Hyundai Sonata 2011 And Mazada Cx-9 (1137 Views)

Volkswagen Passat - 2012 / The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid And Its Solar Roof / I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Volkswagen Passat 2012, Hyundai Sonata 2011 And Mazada Cx-9 by donald1010(m): 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2023
Car gurus in the house, I'm about to buy one of these cars, can someone please help me in explaining which is more fuel economical, easy to maintain and all...... Or which vehicle would you advice I buy instead? I'm not really a fan of Toyota and Honda.. I fear Honda because of the leg issue they usually have..

Thanks
Re: Between Volkswagen Passat 2012, Hyundai Sonata 2011 And Mazada Cx-9 by nurey(m): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2023
donald1010:
Car gurus in the house, I'm about to buy one of these cars, can someone please help me in explaining which is more fuel economical, easy to maintain and all...... Or which vehicle would you advice I buy instead? I'm not really a fan of Toyota and Honda.. I fear Honda because of the leg issue they usually have..

Thanks

Hyundai sonata with the GDI engines of that year had engines issues from 2011 to 2014 I did say strike that one out. Except you get china variant or Asian with non GDI which is far from reality

VW passat nah engine be the trouble in the sense that those engines were highly intolerant to cheap oil and low quality petrol. The fuel imported in Nigeria is of low quality, the engine may not survive more than 2years coupled with the fact that technical know how are scarce and the parts are expensive.

Mazda CX9 is just a ford edge in disguise, it's the most sane choice but the engine has an inbuilt water pump that can fail without prior notification and gbam Ladipo boys don win your jackpot grin

If those three are your main choice, I will pick the mazda CX9 since ford edge is very popular on road, but the parts are scarce, when available very expensive.

Other notable cars in the class of your choice
2013 upwards Accord no leg issues
Acura TL, RL
Hyundai.Azera V6 engine

For the mazda class
Mitsubishi Outlander and ASX
Hyundai IX35, TUCSON, Santafe
Kia Sportage
Nissan KICKS, JUKE, Qashqai

Seems you hate common cars like lexus, toyota and benz.

6 Likes

Re: Between Volkswagen Passat 2012, Hyundai Sonata 2011 And Mazada Cx-9 by Michael547(m): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2023
donald1010:

Thanks
You also need an honest professional mechanic before buying any of your choice car.....I do computerised professional car inspection incase you need my service.....location: southwest. Contact me on 08167469103

Re: Between Volkswagen Passat 2012, Hyundai Sonata 2011 And Mazada Cx-9 by PapaMama9ja: 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
I have a slight view to your response especially the Volkswagen passat.

You didn't do much justice to your explanation because the car is powered with 4 different engine sizes namely 1.8L turbo, 2.5L, 2.0L and 3.6L. The most durable of them is the one with a 2.5L engine. Reliable and safe although it does not tolerate abuse from non expert. It requires paying attention to details and you can use without a worry for 4 years. I mean 4 years. Also, most Volkswagen with electric steering column does not like water, so do well to avoid at all cost.

In my recommendation, a Volkswagen Passat will serve him more only if he can be detailed with maintenance

nurey:

Hyundai sonata with the GDI engines of that year had engines issues from 2011 to 2014 I did say strike that one out. Except you get china variant or Asian with non GDI which is far from reality

VW passat nah engine be the trouble in the sense that those engines were highly intolerant to cheap oil and low quality petrol. The fuel imported in Nigeria is of low quality, the engine may not survive more than 2years coupled with the fact that technical know how are scarce and the parts are expensive.

Mazda CX9 is just a ford edge in disguise, it's the most sane choice but the engine has an inbuilt water pump that can fail without prior notification and gbam Ladipo boys don win your jackpot grin

If those three are your main choice, I will pick the mazda CX9 since ford edge is very popular on road, but the parts are scarce, when available very expensive.

Acura TL, RL
Hyundai.Azera V6 engine

For the mazda class
Kia Sportage

1 Like

Re: Between Volkswagen Passat 2012, Hyundai Sonata 2011 And Mazada Cx-9 by Obidikejr(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
nurey:

Acura TL, RL
Hyundai.Azera V6 engine

For the mazda class
Kia Sportage

2015 sante fe good to go?

Spotted this at a mall close to home

Performance, handling , maintenance, fuel economy (Suv levels)?

Thanks

Re: Between Volkswagen Passat 2012, Hyundai Sonata 2011 And Mazada Cx-9 by nurey(m): 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
Obidikejr:

2015 sante fe good to go?

Spotted this at a mall close to home

Performance, handling , maintenance, fuel economy (Suv levels)?

Thanks

Yes but try avoid the 2.0T engine
Re: Between Volkswagen Passat 2012, Hyundai Sonata 2011 And Mazada Cx-9 by Obidikejr(m): 12:13am On Sep 02, 2023
nurey:

Yes but try avoid the 2.0T engine

Thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

Credit Crunch Grippin On Auto Section / Please Can Anybody Help Me Out On Nigeria Fairly Used Infinity Qx4.i Need Advice / Good Volvo Mecanic For Volvo S80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.